Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer

A new version of the recently released 17-minute gameplay trailer from Hitman: Absolution, is now available (thanks VG247). This features commentary from the developers at IO Interactive about the upcoming installment in their stealth/action series. Word is: "Join Game Director Tore Blystad and Gameplay Director Christian Elverdam as they take you behind-the-scenes of the award-winning Hitman: Absolution, with a 17 minute commentary version of "Run For Your Life" playthrough. Learn first-hand what it takes to create a living and breathing world, gain new insight into the creation and ambition for the game and get a taste of what players can expect when they enter the mindset of the original assassin: Agent 47."

View
11. Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Nov 4, 2011, 10:39 Halo

Jerykk wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 23:59:
Quboid wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 18:55:
Halo wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:57:
Glad that they explained a good amount of it. I was worried that the the game was always going to have this sense of hurry and run along to it.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I'm not expecting anything that can hold a candle to the previous Hitman games. This looks like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but with disguises instead of a choice of augmentations, "instinct" being the one aug that's forced on you.

Why would you be pleasantly surprised by something that doesn't live up to the previous games that you enjoyed..? Not really sure how this is comparable to DX:HR, either. DX:HR is an RPG. This is a stealth game (or rather, it's supposed to be).

Anyway, I think the presentation is great. However, I'm not liking the obviously linear and scripted nature of this level, nor am I liking the new voice actor for 47. The previous games had highly scripted AI behavior too, except in those cases, the scripting occurred regardless of the player. In the Absolution demo, all the scripting is triggered by the player and wouldn't have happened otherwise. I sincerely hope that the demo is not representative of the entire game but I have a sinking feeling that it is.

I'm guessing who ever is chasing down 47 gets closer and closer as the missions go on and the "Run for your life" levels get harder and harder. So we should still have our regular oll 47 hit missions that I hope can be pulled off by not killing anybody but your target with a garrote and then escape quietly.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 3, 13:57 Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Halo
  8. Nov 3, 18:55  Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Quboid
  9. Nov 3, 23:59   Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Jerykk
  10. Nov 4, 10:15    Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Quboid
  13. Nov 4, 12:32     Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Jerykk
>> 11. Nov 4, 10:39    Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Halo
  2. Nov 3, 14:34 Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Cutter
  6. Nov 3, 15:02  Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer lvitriol
  12. Nov 4, 10:46   Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Beamer
  3. Nov 3, 14:42 Re: Hitman: Absolution Commentary Trailer Acleacius