Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Announcement

Following yesterday's trailer release, Rockstar Games officially announces Grand Theft Auto V. They offer an assortment of GTAV logo desktops, backgrounds, avatars, and icons, and the following word on the open-world action sequel:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 5, 2011, 03:38 SectorEffector

joet88 wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 00:34:
The question was not if The Bible condones rape, but if rape is in The Bible. It is.

And more importantly, does having rape in GTA mean that GTA condones rape?

No.

In other words, The Bible= hate, violence, rape. GTA= hate, violence, rape.

And finally.

GTA = The Bible

praise god.... zilla...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 5, 2011, 00:34 joet88

The question was not if The Bible condones rape, but if rape is in The Bible. It is.

And more importantly, does having rape in GTA mean that GTA condones rape?

No.

In other words, The Bible= hate, violence, rape. GTA= hate, violence, rape.

And finally.

GTA = The Bible

51. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 22:08 Razumen

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 14:32:
Razumen wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:58:
Like all great books, the Bible has a lot of things, and people have been for millenia trying to twist and interpret certain passages to fit their needs. With something written by people, that's always going to be the case. I just hate it when people spew "facts" about things without backing them up.

Well, I guess you've never read ANY history whatsoever if you're unfamiliar with the myriad problems that Christianity - and almost every other religion - has caused down through the ages.

Freedom From Religion Foundation Quizzes

Freethought Quizzes
What Do You Really Know About The Bible?
50 questions to test your biblical knowledge

What Do You Know About The Separation of State and Church?
21 questions to test your knowledge of America's valued principle

Your efforts are admirable, but your links are quite irrelevant, and even flawed. A lot of the 'interpretations' of entries clearly lack of reading comprehension, and the second link has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Not to mention the first mostly nitpicks definitions and anally centers on useless trivia for the first part.

I'm not defending anything anyone has done in the past in the name of a book or religion, that will always happen, even without them. The simple fact of the Bible is that a lot of it was written for a certain time and can't be taken out of that context. Any decent interpreter knows this, and everyone else that ignores it trying to push a particular point is simply dishonest.

50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 21:57 xXBatmanXx

SirKnight wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 21:00:
So when church is over, can we talk about how great GTA V is going to be?

Preach on Brother SirKnight!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 21:00 SirKnight

So when church is over, can we talk about how great GTA V is going to be?  

48. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 20:38 Prez

Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar...

That's cool, but what about the game?? Kidding - totally wanting this.

Oh, and for anyone wondering if Hellbinder is for real, you can rest assured he is. I was a long-time member of the 3000AD forums (just don't mention...HIM!!!!) and Hellbinder was and old-timer there when I joined. Every post was either Battlecruiser/Smart fanboy tripe or posts like the one you mention.

Also, just because the Bible references rape doesn't mean it condones it. I am an atheist now, but I was raised Christian (still married to one) and I can assure you most of the sensationalist crap people claim the Bible teaches is grossly misrepresented if not outright false. (Largely talking New Testament here - there aren't many Old Testament Christians around anymore...)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

47. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 19:25 DG

Heard it here first kids, GTA V's gonna be biblical!  

46. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 19:11 space captain

mag wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 14:52:
Judges 19.

its pretty questionable, but i dont think it is being condoned... hard to tell from the translation .. but some things are pretty clear, i.e. the quotes i added there

22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may "know" him.

23 And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light.

27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.

29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.

Go forth, and kill!

45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 19:02 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:17:
Nadool wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:24:
People still care about GTA?

from wiki:

Ever since 2001, the Grand Theft Auto series has been a major success, both critically and financially. It has generated perfect or near perfect reviews and scores on almost all of the games, and has sold over 114 million copies worldwide, as of September 2011.[1] The Times Online reported that Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest console instalment, recorded 609,000 copies in the UK on its first day of release.[95] In its first week, Grand Theft Auto IV sold approximately 6 million copies worldwide and grossed over $500 million.[96]

The series has broken several records, resulting in Guinness World Records awarding the series 10 world records in the Gamer's Edition 2008. These records include Most Guest Stars in a Video Game Series, Largest Voice Cast in a Video Game (GTA: San Andreas), Largest In-Game Soundtrack (GTA: San Andreas). It also held the title of Most Successful Entertainment Launch of All Time (GTA IV), but has since been eclipsed by the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Guinness World Records also ranked Grand Theft Auto in third place on their list of top 50 console games of all time based on initial impact and lasting legacy.[97] GTA: San Andreas is listed as the most successful game in the PlayStation 2 according to The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition.

YUUUUUPP! I would say people still care, and will continue to care.

GTA4 alone sold aprx 22 million. If you go back when the game came out, I said it would do 20 million and some people here didn't think so. oh well. The next one will do at least 20 million as long as it is released on PC, otherwise I think it will cap at about 14-15 million on consoles only.

A lot of their success has to do with people like me and a few of my friends. I bought GTA4 originally when it came out on Xbox so I could play it with a few friends. When it eventually came out on PC and went on sale on Steam, I bought the edition with both DLC's so I could play with friends on the PC as well. I've been a die hard GTA fan since the original top down game. Not going to change for me. I've bought 3 copies of 3, VC, and SA. 2 Copies of 4. And probably 3 copies of GTA GTA London and GTA 2 each.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

44. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 18:15 SectorEffector

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:21:
necrosis wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:19:
EddieTheHack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:29:
...treating it like every other christian does: An EULA - just scroll to the bottom and click accept without ever comprehending a thing.
That is the single best example I have ever heard.

You sir win a internet.

Yeah, but it mocks the christians we like.
Would you prefer those that treated it like a EULA or would you prefer the Westboro Baptist Church?

Might as well throw in the nazi argument if we're jumping into polarized examples.

That EULA quote is perfectly applicable.

43. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 16:21 Beamer

necrosis wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:19:
...treating it like every other christian does: An EULA - just scroll to the bottom and click accept without ever comprehending a thing.

You sir win a internet.

Yeah, but it mocks the christians we like.
Would you prefer those that treated it like a EULA or would you prefer the Westboro Baptist Church?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

42. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 16:19 necrosis

You sir win a internet.

41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 15:35 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:27:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:32:
Kids, in this example we see the Christian Hypocrisy Effect at work. Bereft of logic and common sense, the Christian decries modern culture as violent while preaching the ethos of the book their social club was founded upon as the ideal model of cultural establishment. A book, as you remember from last week's lesson, that is full of hate, rape, murder, enslavement and genocide. It's also worth remembering that this very same social club is responsible for more suffering and death than any nation that has ever existed on the planet.

Or, kid, you could maybe take off your rose-tinted goggles and realize that Hellbinder is one guy, and not every Christian believes like he does.

Or is that too difficult too comprehend?

Creston

Lol, One guy..... good one. ... kid.

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 15:21 xXBatmanXx

Going to be a long wait - but will be a day 1 purchase for me. No questions asked.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 15:17 xXBatmanXx

Nadool wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:24:
People still care about GTA?

from wiki:

Ever since 2001, the Grand Theft Auto series has been a major success, both critically and financially. It has generated perfect or near perfect reviews and scores on almost all of the games, and has sold over 114 million copies worldwide, as of September 2011.[1] The Times Online reported that Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest console instalment, recorded 609,000 copies in the UK on its first day of release.[95] In its first week, Grand Theft Auto IV sold approximately 6 million copies worldwide and grossed over $500 million.[96]

The series has broken several records, resulting in Guinness World Records awarding the series 10 world records in the Gamer's Edition 2008. These records include Most Guest Stars in a Video Game Series, Largest Voice Cast in a Video Game (GTA: San Andreas), Largest In-Game Soundtrack (GTA: San Andreas). It also held the title of Most Successful Entertainment Launch of All Time (GTA IV), but has since been eclipsed by the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Guinness World Records also ranked Grand Theft Auto in third place on their list of top 50 console games of all time based on initial impact and lasting legacy.[97] GTA: San Andreas is listed as the most successful game in the PlayStation 2 according to The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition.

YUUUUUPP! I would say people still care, and will continue to care.

GTA4 alone sold aprx 22 million. If you go back when the game came out, I said it would do 20 million and some people here didn't think so. oh well. The next one will do at least 20 million as long as it is released on PC, otherwise I think it will cap at about 14-15 million on consoles only.

38. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 14:52 mag

space captain wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:59:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 12:32:
A book, as you remember from last week's lesson, that is full of hate, rape, murder, enslavement and genocide.

where are the references to rape? ive found tons of references to the other things you mention here, but i dont recall any passages about rape

btw, its interesting to note that much of the nastier stuff is found in the old testament, i.e. the torah, i.e. the book that the jewish religion is based on.. where jews are described as the "chosen" people who are racially superior by divine right - wait that sounds familiar doesnt it

Judges 19.

37. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 14:32 Cutter

Razumen wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 13:58:
Like all great books, the Bible has a lot of things, and people have been for millenia trying to twist and interpret certain passages to fit their needs. With something written by people, that's always going to be the case. I just hate it when people spew "facts" about things without backing them up.

Well, I guess you've never read ANY history whatsoever if you're unfamiliar with the myriad problems that Christianity - and almost every other religion - has caused down through the ages.

Freedom From Religion Foundation Quizzes

Freethought Quizzes
What Do You Really Know About The Bible?
50 questions to test your biblical knowledge

What Do You Know About The Separation of State and Church?
21 questions to test your knowledge of America's valued principle

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

36. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 14:25 Halo

Yeah I hope they bring back the owning of businesses and homes and what not. I really liked the idea of saving up enough dirty cash to have a business to get clean cash.

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 14:22 Verno

Hellbinder wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:30:
yaaay yet another game that teaches 6-12 year old (and all ages) the sheer enjoyment of being a complete scum sucking thief, violent abuser of innocent people and criminal.

but of course go ahead flame away about your personal right to corrupt your mind with as much filth as possible and how none of these violent games, movies and music children are pumping into there heads for countless hours a day, week and year is having no effect at all on our youth or society.

and don't give me lame excuses about it having an M rating because the years of abuse people have already put in their heads with this trash has already blinded them to any sense of decency on why their 4 year old shouldn't be encouraged to play act out violence on innocent people.

(i know, i know... im an idiot a loser a fool who doesn't know what im talking about,,, meanwhile 12 year old's are pushing shopping carts from 4 stories up an innocent lady and they are laughing and telling jokes to each other about it.)

Won't someone think of the children?! Good thing the moral compass of the universe Hellbinder is here to save the day.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

34. Re: Mithyatva Mohaniya Karma Nov 3, 2011, 13:59 nin

So yeah, GTA....that should be fun.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo