Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow

Hi-Rez Studios confirms the closed beta testing will commence tomorrow for Tribes Ascend, as promised. The Tribes Ascend Website is where to sign up to express interest in vetting the upcoming free-to-play continuation of the multiplayer shooter series, and those interested in guaranteed beta access can purchase the Tribes: Ascend VIP Starter Bundle. In an unusual move, they also announce that no beta wipes are planned, and that player progression will continue from the closed beta, through the open beta, and on into the launch of the full game. Here's word:

The Closed Beta build of Tribes: Ascend includes two initial class options - the Soldier and the Ranger, 10 additional classes available to be permanently unlocked, 3 drivable vehicles, 2 game-modes, and servers located across North America, Europe and Australia. Prior to release Hi-Rez will also support Ranked Servers and Private Servers.

"Compared to Alpha, Tribes: Ascend enters Beta with even more unlockable classes, a skill & perk system, and additional projectile-based weapons" said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. "And we plan to deliver new playable maps and classes after Beta and even after Release. Our dev team is excited to reintroduce such a fast-paced, team-based shooter and we are looking forward to playing alongside the Beta community."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 5, 2011, 00:05 space captain

feels more like T1 than anything else.. xcept for the loadouts, speed cap and the health thing

if you are a tribes fan id say its worth putting up with the bullshit - the game is pretty fun, it will give you the tribes rush for sure

also, we may be able to get them to add "classic" servers or something later

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 4, 2011, 07:25 Hump

Captain, what about the feel overall? Did they nail that at least? I'm reading that they got the feel of the original down quite well and that it just needs some tweaks.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 4, 2011, 01:08 Jerykk

I think you somehow missed the trick to that post.

True, my sarcasm detector must have been broken or something. Or maybe my rage about Hi-Rez's design choices simply overrode it.

7. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 20:23 Jow

Have they actually notified all the participants yet? friend of mine wants in this so badly that he asked me to sign up for a spot in the beta in case his own doesn't get in.  

6. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 20:21 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 20:12:
but wouldnt it suck if health fully regenerated after you didnt get hit for a little while, even in the middle of combat, etc. and it would also really suck if they decided inv stations didnt heal you, or if you couldnt heal while holding the flag.. that would suck if they did that

I assume you're being sarcastic because that's pretty much exactly how health works in T:A.

I think you somehow missed the trick to that post.

5. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 20:12 Jerykk

but wouldnt it suck if health fully regenerated after you didnt get hit for a little while, even in the middle of combat, etc. and it would also really suck if they decided inv stations didnt heal you, or if you couldnt heal while holding the flag.. that would suck if they did that

I assume you're being sarcastic because that's pretty much exactly how health works in T:A.

4. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 20:06 Kedyn

So, uh... No Scarabrae?  

3. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 19:31 space captain

i guess technically 12am tonight, but i suppose we could talk about it theoretically

wouldnt it be cool if they brought back one-hit melee kills? i thought that was appropriate in tribes since everyone is almost always moving so fast

seems like a speed cap would suck balls but having one is more in line with the actual laws of physics, so who knows about that, but jetpack regen rate is crucial and it would be really cool if they listened to people and fixed it when everyone agreed it was shitty

it would also be cool if they got the spinfusor totally right-on in speed and (splash or direct) damage, because that is like the key weapon

ive heard the classes determine the kinds of weapons you can use, from a fairly short list on each one.. and that would be really irritating to someone like me who wants everything to be customizable.. at the same time having skills and perks might be cool for that, like having the option to equip a couple of those to make dude a bit more specialized

i saw some vids of some maps and some are pretty good while others are wacky looking with the terrain lods being really glitchy, and all the ones i saw were sorta small to mid-sized rather than huge

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 19:15 Hump

Captain, wheres your thoughts on the beta? The NDA is off now, correct?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 13:25 Silvanus

Guess i'll be the first.. Can't wait for friday to see what they have changed since the alpha.. Hopefully for the better!

-Silvanus

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo