Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders

The Bethesda Blog offers a new wallpaper from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, their upcoming RPG sequel. They are also now offering preorders of the game's soundtrack. Here's the deal: "Available through DirectSong, the four-disc set is a fantastic collector’s item for fans of The Elder Scrolls. The compilation will begin shipping the week after the game’s release. As a bonus to anyone that orders by December 23rd, copies of the soundtrack will be personally autographed by the game’s composer, Jeremy Soule!"

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Pre-Order Nov 5, 2011, 12:49 jimnms

Cholma wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 23:51:
How did you get release day delivery?

Amazon Prime

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Pre-Order Nov 4, 2011, 23:51 Cholma

I do get free release day delivery with Amazon vs. 3-day UPS with NewEgg, but it won't matter to me. I'll be out of town next week and not returning home until late next Sunday, so I won't be home to get the package on the 11th anyway.

How did you get release day delivery?

I canceled my Amazon pre-order yesterday because they were still telling me my delivery would be Nov 17-21. Ordered on Steam instead for only 50 cents more. (actually, even cheaper since there's no delivery charge)

The only benefit I could see from the box version was getting a physical manual (which I like) and a map. However, waiting an extra week to get that stuff isn't worth the value of instant gratification the night Nov 10-11.

13. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 18:49 Shok

Trainwreck wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:09:
...as many of us enter our 40s next decade.

Thanks. Just thanks for making me feel old. Now get off my lawn.

12. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 16:05 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 14:35:
I really don't understand why Amazon is only offering $10 credit for the console versions of Skyrim. I would have bought the game from them if they had the same deal for the PC version.

Amazon wants you to buy the console version, I guess? So you can sell it back to their used-game initiative at some point?

Creston

11. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 15:09 Trainwreck

Not to mention, huge Hollywood composers like Hans Zimmer have done soundtracks for games (Modern Warfare 2, I believe). I think we'll start to see much more bleedover once we get into the 2020s. Games have become hugely mainstream, and they're only going to become moreso as many of us enter our 40s next decade.

But yeah, Soule is brilliant. I especially loved his work on Oblivion and Supreme Commander. Sometimes I listen to the SupCom theme in my car, lol.

10. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 14:35 Jerykk

I really don't understand why Amazon is only offering $10 credit for the console versions of Skyrim. I would have bought the game from them if they had the same deal for the PC version.  

9. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 14:20 jimnms

That reminds me, I need to cancel one of my pre-orders. I pre-ordered it from Amazon a long time ago, with pre-order price guarantee, but as far as I know the price has not dropped below the $59.54 it was when I placed the order. I also pre-ordered it from NewEgg for $47 when their deal came up, and sent an email to Amazon to see if they would price match. I never received a reply.

I don't know if there is a way to tell what the final price will be with Amazon's pre-order price guarantee before it ships. It says on the page about the price guarantee that your order summary will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of a price change, but in the past I was never notified of a price drop until my order shipped when I got an email telling me I saved $XX with pre-order price guarantee. As of now, it still shows $59.54 on my order summary.

I do get free release day delivery with Amazon vs. 3-day UPS with NewEgg, but it won't matter to me. I'll be out of town next week and not returning home until late next Sunday, so I won't be home to get the package on the 11th anyway.

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 13:33 Cutter

Well the London Philharmonic did the work for the LOTR War in the North game. And the NY Times did an article awile back saying if composers like Mozart, Beethoven, et al. were alive today they'd probably be making game music.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 13:24 Kastagir

I've never paid $30 for a soundtrack in my life, but I may just buy this one. Morrowind, Oblivion, and all the other games he's done have had the best music.  

6. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 12:13 beigemore

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:52:
That dude did the soundtrack for Morrowind and Oblivion as well right?

Gotta say I loved the Morrowind soundtrack. Not so much Oblivion but Morrowind's soundtrack just ooozeed atmosphere. Very memorable!

Interesting. While I really enjoyed both soundtracks, I felt that Oblivion's was better.

5. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 11:50 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 11:06:
Holy shit! Gotta say some of those titles definitely had some brilliant music.

Why isnt this guy more exposed in Hollywood?....Move over John Williams ffs....
Because in holywood they think gamers are nerds in their basement instead of people with so much money to throw around it's stupid.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 11:06 InBlack

Holy shit! Gotta say some of those titles definitely had some brilliant music.

Why isnt this guy more exposed in Hollywood?....Move over John Williams ffs....

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 10:54 nin

And Icewind Dale and a ton of other shit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Soule#Video_games

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 10:52 InBlack

That dude did the soundtrack for Morrowind and Oblivion as well right?

Gotta say I loved the Morrowind soundtrack. Not so much Oblivion but Morrowind's soundtrack just ooozeed atmosphere. Very memorable!

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 10:30 nin

Wow, cds! And 4 at that...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo