Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief 4 Storyboards?

Eurogamer has some storyboards purportedly from Thief 4, the next installment in the beloved stealth series. These were spotted on a blog and posted to the TTLG forums, but all the originals have since been taken down.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 19:11 Prez

Me = excited.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 10:14 wtf_man

God Dammit, if someone is going to continue Looking Glass products, Do Ultima Underworld and System Shock, for fuck's sake!

Furious2

Yeah... I know... EA has the licenses buried, and no one knows for sure who owns "all" of System Shock. (Which is why Irrational Games had to make Bioshock, instead)... but someone needs to dig those licenses up, get the appropriate people paid off for full ownership, and reboot those IPs.

12. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 09:49 Quboid

Hmm, I didn't think I was alone in giving up on Thief 3 when the undead started appearing. Perhaps "supernatural" is too encompassing a word, but the very obvious nature really put me off.  

- Quboid

11. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 09:21 InBlack

Hopefully this is good news......which means Im hoping the same people who worked on the recent DeusEx will be working on this one. This is far from a given fact at this point...  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 08:43 Shok

Bring back rope arrows! I know they aren't realistic but they are so cool.  

9. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 08:34 El Pit

I hope they go back to that huge size of the levels. Thief 3 felt crammed in a lot of places. Nevertheless, it was a good game, just not as good as its predecessors. Here's hoping for a true sequel (also storywise) to the Thief games. Great franchise - don't f#*! it up!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

8. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 07:03 Cutter

Yeah, they definitely have a lot of good faith going for them after DX HR, so let's hope they don't blow it.

And yeah, Shalebridge Cradle is still the spookiest damn area I've ever played in a game. I recall having to stop at points and take a break because the shit was freaking me out.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 02:46 Jerykk

After the pleasant surprise that was DX:HR, my hopes for Thi4f are higher than before. That said, I need to know more before I can get excited.  

6. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 02:33 Mostly_Harmless

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 00:45:
Yeah, the supernatural stuff was fun and hella scary!

Absolutely, Return to the Haunted Cathedral in Thief Gold and The Cradle in Thief 3 were two of the scariest levels in the history of gaming.

The only thing I didn't like about the supernatural elements of the series were the zombies in the first game, that aside it's all good and an integral part of the thief universe.

I'm not going to look at the storyboards, I don't want the spoilers but its great to hear that at least some kind of news about the game as it's all been a bit quiet lately.

5. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 02:10 Razumen

Quboid wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 22:28:
No supernatural bullshit, thank goodness!

Wish I could downvote...

4. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 3, 2011, 00:45 Cutter

Yeah, the supernatural stuff was fun and hella scary!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 2, 2011, 23:15 Acleacius

I can't wait for the Forced Boss fights with Rocket Launchers, the more the better!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 2, 2011, 23:06 Suckage

When this series debuted it was all about "supernatural bullshit", as you put it.  

1. Re: Thief 4 Storyboards? Nov 2, 2011, 22:28 Quboid

No supernatural bullshit, thank goodness!  

- Quboid

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo