Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Play Skyrim Three Hours Early?

GameZone notes there is currently some confusion about how global the 11.11.11 release date will be for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the upcoming RPG sequel. They quote Bethesda's Pete Hines saying: "All of the steam countdown clocks are currently wrong," and that the game's the Steam release "will be local time." Apparently this is not as completely local as that, as he says this means: "one (release time) for oz, one for UK/Europe, one for US (EST is planned)," and when asked "did you just announce 9pm PST on 11/10?" Hines responded, "that's what we are working on." So it's possible those on the west coast of the U.S. will get the game at 9:00 pm on November 10th. Thanks Acleacius.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 20:32 Bhruic

Man I would hate to play this on my 55" TV so resolution doesnt mean crap to me.

Really? You didn't get 1080p on a 55" TV? You got ripped off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 18:05 Jerykk

Yeah and downloading third party apps to unlock those options and hacking INI files and all that. Man I would hate to play this on my 55" TV so resolution doesnt mean crap to me. You were saying?

Have you even played any of Bethesda's RPGs on PC? You don't need to hack or use any third-party apps to get twice the framerate, higher resolutions, AA, AF, etc. And you realize you can hook up your PC to your TV, right? You can even plug in a gamepad if you're feeling masochistic.

25. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 16:10 Angrius Maximis

"Yeah, I'm really sick of getting twice the framerate, twice the resolution, AA, AF, mod support, superior controls, etc etc. "

Yeah and downloading third party apps to unlock those options and hacking INI files and all that. Man I would hate to play this on my 55" TV so resolution doesnt mean crap to me. You were saying?

24. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 15:02 Jerykk

And to be honest...Im tired of shitty console ports. But I said that already

Yeah, I'm really sick of getting twice the framerate, twice the resolution, AA, AF, mod support, superior controls, etc etc.

23. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 11:53 Mashiki Amiketo

lvitriol wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 06:31:
Whats wrong with GMT/UTC aka standard time?.
Most people don't know how to use it?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 11:47 Acleacius

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 08:52:
Youtube this:

Skyrim 10/17/11 Super HD Skyrim PC Screenshots

Those are highly presumable pics from the PC version. The slight uncertainty is metely because Bethesda hasn't admitted which screenshots of theirs are and aren't from the PC version.

Enjoy!!
Thanks for the great linkage Eldaron Imotholin!

Yeah, sure looks like they are from Bethesda. Especially since the stories say there only seems to be a console leak atm.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

21. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 11:25 Verno

To each his own, with a game like Skyrim I couldn't stand playing it on the consoles personally. Too limiting in every aspect - controls, graphically, modding out game flaws, etc.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

20. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 11:10 Angrius Maximis

"which typically can't be modded, particularly when we're talking about a Bethesda title. "

Well here is the thing, and I do use the Mod excuse against my friends that hate PC's blah blah. I will barely beat this game, let alone play it more than 1-2 months. So I learned after all my wastes of money on the PC versions thinking that very thing that I might as well get the console version with the hopes of selling this game later and getting my money back.

And to be honest...Im tired of shitty console ports. But I said that already

19. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 10:16 LurkerLito

I won't be getting it early, not unless Newegg ships it early. I preorder a console game I get it next day from Newegg, but I preorder a PC game, and it gets here a day later so I don't think I'll get this till 11/14 but at least I got $12 off the MSRP.

Someone tell Bethesda to tell retailers they can ship it a day early!

18. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 10:08 Verno

Hudson wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 09:59:
I know one thing I wont be getting this on the PC. Im tired of shitty console ports.

I'd rather play a port with a prayer of being patched up to something decent than the usually substandard console release which typically can't be modded, particularly when we're talking about a Bethesda title.

17. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 09:59 Angrius Maximis

I know one thing I wont be getting this on the PC. Im tired of shitty console ports.  

16. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 09:21 Pankin

ZeroCougar wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 02:58:
I'm torn with this game. On one hand getting it ASAP and enjoying it with everyone else would be great.

On the other hand there is next to zero reason to pre-order this. No bonus's, no trinkets, even if its something lame. There is just nothing to give a reason that this is a must have pre-order. And for the near 100% chance that there will be a major patch that will be needed, why risk it?

You're (you are) forgetting the NewEgg coupon code from a week ago or so that sliced a whopping $12 off the retail price, son. Is that a decent enough reason?

Was for me.

15. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 08:52 Eldaron Imotholin

Youtube this:

Skyrim 10/17/11 Super HD Skyrim PC Screenshots

Those are highly presumable pics from the PC version. The slight uncertainty is metely because Bethesda hasn't admitted which screenshots of theirs are and aren't from the PC version.

Enjoy!!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

14. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 08:30 Verno

Apparently the console release leaked last night so I guess those guys get it 8 days early. PC piracy killing abloobloo etc.  

13. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 06:31 lvitriol

Whats wrong with GMT/UTC aka standard time?.  

more sp.

12. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 04:03 osage no onna

ZeroCougar wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 02:58:
I'm torn with this game. On one hand getting it ASAP and enjoying it with everyone else would be great.

On the other hand there is next to zero reason to pre-order this. No bonus's, no trinkets, even if its something lame. There is just nothing to give a reason that this is a must have pre-order. And for the near 100% chance that there will be a major patch that will be needed, why risk it?

Well, you do get a slightly better quality map, although the map doesn't appear to be particularly detailed so that might not be much motivation. I pre-ordered anyway. Now I just have to get my hands on some mead and I'm set!

11. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 03:36 Acleacius

If everyone can start playing at the same time, is time irrelevant?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 02:58 ZeroCougar

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

9. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 01:47 killer_roach

Whether it's midnight Eastern time or 9PM Pacific Time, it's the same damn time... nobody's getting the game earlier. (That being said, for PC gamers, gone are the days of physical releases where midnight meant midnight local time, and the people in the East got the game three hours sooner than the people on the West Coast...)  

8. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 01:09 Sepharo

The east coast often gets releases at 3 am because many publishers and developers operate on the west coast. So a midnight release is a change of pace and west coast gets the game "early".  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo