Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive

A playable demo for Lord of the Rings: War in the North is available, but is exclusive to the cloud-based OnLive service, reports Shacknews. Word is this will allow 30 minutes of play in Snowblind's just-released action/RPG.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 4, 2011, 10:08 Ant

Bah OnLive!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 3, 2011, 14:51 Darks

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:10:
The press has not been kind to this game and its not doing well on forums either judging by some of the big sites, I think I'll steer clear. It sounds very repetitive and simplistic, the flaws in the character choice and level system don't sound too fun either.

Thereís that word I hate again in games. Repetitive. Tell me something Verno, when you were playing Dark souls and Orcs, how many times did you kill the same shit over and over? Thatís not repetitive? You guys kill me when I hear you all complaining about Repetitive and simplistic. Gaming in itself is that in a word.

Your loss, but it is a fun game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 3, 2011, 14:19 Mad Jackson

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:10:
The press has not been kind to this game and its not doing well on forums either judging by some of the big sites, I think I'll steer clear. It sounds very repetitive and simplistic, the flaws in the character choice and level system don't sound too fun either.

Critically panned, but I keep hearing players say it's really good. Demo, here I come!

-MJ

4. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 3, 2011, 10:10 Verno

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

3. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 3, 2011, 09:46 Darks

I donít understand why thereís any negativity about this game. Iíve been playing it Coop with my Son and we have been having a blast with this game. This game can get very brutal at times. And the game scales in difficulty the more people that join in. I played one area myself at the start and then with my Son Coop and there was about 2 times more enemies tossed at us of goblins crawling out of the ground and scaling walls. It was pretty cool to see.

The game feels so much like your actually playing in the movies. There is defiantly nothing cheap or trashy about this game. Coop in my opinion is really the only way to play the game, but the AI does a pretty good job fighting alongside you. If you die, you will be down on one knee and are still able to move very slowly over to allies so they can rez you back up.

Anyway, the game has been very enjoyable. I think any fan of the movies will really enjoy this game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 3, 2011, 00:05 Acleacius

Too bad it's really getting some not so great press reviews.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Lord of the Rings: War in the North Demo an OnLive Exclusive Nov 2, 2011, 23:18 Blackhawk

Wow. Remember when demos were advertising the publishers begged us to see? Now we've gone and made them into perks we beg them for.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo