Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Techland TMs "Zombie World"

Siliconera reports that Techland has filed for a trademark in the U.S. for "Dead World." Following the success of Dead Island, it seems logical to presume this will be some sort of follow-up to the zombie game. And if this means the mindless undead found a way off their island, what does that say about Gilligan, much less the professor?

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Techland TMs "Zombie World" Nov 3, 2011, 10:18 Verno

The storyline in Dead Island is so awful you wonder how they could even storyboard it with a straight face. It just makes terrible assumptions about people and events you are never even introduced to then jump cuts to something in the future without any logical progression.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Techland TMs Nov 3, 2011, 09:40 nin

Following the success of Dead Island, it seems logical to presume this will be some sort of follow-up to the zombie game.

MMO?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Techland TMs Nov 3, 2011, 07:43 ochentay4

I liked the idea of the game, and enjoyed the first half of it, but I found it filled with bugs of all kinds and colours. A game like this should ve been released polished. Well, every game should, but its bugs couldnt let me enjoy this game. (weapons dissapearing when repairingor upgrading, for ex.)

Also, it gets repetitive, really repetitive after a while, and stopped killing zombies and started to run on every mission it let me. Whats the point of killing all those zombies on that corridors on the last mission?

Also, when I chose Logan that its strenght was throwing weapons, I found out that it wasnt useful to me or I dindnt like it because the weapon I thowed DISSAPEARS! WTF? Boomeran Skill my ass, so I ended up not throwing ANY wepaon, so that class wasnt useful to me. If weapons precius, why should Ive throw them?! I should ve chosen the black guy, but I wasnt going to start all over again.

Oh, and I hated the looting system and its inventory. I spent 50% of my time in the game pressing X button on the Xbox controller to pick up stupid things or arranging the inventory. I hated it with all myy heart.

The story, it sucked so much...

XBox360 graphics where ugly as hell that I regreted buying it on the 360, AND the 360 didnt get the patches of the PC. Why?

Sewers stage was boring. Really boring. Give me more islands please.

Why the Trailer (the one in slowmo) was so fantastic and the game had NOTHING like that?

A solid game, a solid idea, poor execution. 6 months more of development and it could've been perfect.

Lets hope Techland learns from Dead Island mistakes and correct them on Dead World.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2011, 08:13.

3. Re: Techland TMs Nov 3, 2011, 02:23 Acleacius

There was a book before the game and both are before the movie being made atm. Actually it's the...

Seriously Don't Look. Really.

infamous hacker who started this all in an alliance with Ryder the military colonel.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Techland TMs "Zombie World" Nov 3, 2011, 01:48 jacobvandy

Well, the end of the game pretty much directly implies: the infection will spread to the rest of the planet because that tribal girl whose bloodline the virus is derived from left on the chopper with the survivors. And I think that: the prisoner that was flying the chopper had a pretty devious attitude about himself, too, maybe he's the terrorist guy the news radio broadcast talks about and he played you to help him escape.  

1. Re: Techland TMs "Zombie World" Nov 3, 2011, 00:58 Bill Borre

And if this means the mindless undead found a way off their island, what does that say about Gilligan, much less the professor?

lol.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo