Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

As promised, the new trailer for Grand Theft Auto V is now online to show off the next installment in Rockstar Games' open-world action series. The clip does not reveal the game's subtitle (presuming it will have one), but it seems to confirm recent rumors that GTAV will be set in a fictionalized version of Los Angeles, which may be called Los Puerta based on a glimpse of a road sign for the Los Puerta Freeway. The narration is from one character's perspective so there is no support yet for rumors that it will feature multiple playable characters. The version posted on that page seemed to repeatedly stop just after the one minute mark, so it's possible you may have to grab a downloadable version (as we did) to see the whole thing. There is no indication of when to expect the game's release.

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 8, 2011, 00:25 Andrew

I seriously CANT wait for this game, I used to play GTA San Andreas all the time because the feel for the game was awesome. There were so many features, and options in the game and the whole game looked awesome. Next I liked GTA 4; great graphics, awesome story, sick characters, sadly though it didnt have the same emotion a San Andreas did, so many thing were missed, and it just wasnt the same. So of course I tried to play San Andreas again, for the memories, And the graphics are too bad to stand. NOW we get the best of both worlds San Andreas feel with great graphics, the trailer is very well done (in my opinion) and I can't help but notice that some of the San Andreas features are returning! it's gonna be great!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 4, 2011, 08:54 Ant

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 17:24:
Xombie wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 15:30:
How in the world can people say these are bad graphics?

Ahhh the young'uns these days. They don't know how good they have it. Why I remember back in the day, playing my games on a home built black and white where the pixels were so big you could measure them with a bloody ruler.
Ditto. Get off our lawns, whippersnappers.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 15:20 Creston

Zarkov wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 17:48:
Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:36:
Will every building be enter-able? Of course not, unless you want the game to take 20 years, cost $5,000 and ship on 80 Blu Ray discs.
The Frontier (Elite 2) universe contained about 100 billion star systems, was coded by one person in assembly language, and the uncompressed executable weighed in at about 400kB. Just sayin.

Sure, bit of apples and oranges here, but Frontier was released 18 years ago. Imagine if that technology had advanced as much as texture sizes and polygon counts...

Great. So we'd have procedurally generated houses, which are all basically exactly the same. Woot?

Creston

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 15:11 SectorEffector

true. Regardless, San Andreas had San Fran / San Fierro  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 14:36 Yosemite Sam

SectorEffector wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 00:52:
Tumbler wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:19:
Graphics look awesome! I was hoping for a California setting on the northern side. Fuck LA. Give me San Francisco all the way out to Lake Tahoe. San Jose, Silicon Valley, headquarters of "Fruit" and whatever they call Google. Lets get the City of Oakland as the center point of the whole experience.

Disappointing to see them going back down to LA. (I'm assuming San Andreas was LA...never played it)

Maybe if you played San Andreas you'd realize it has San Francisco ;o
Also, in the trailer it sure looked like it had some windmills that you see when driving up to the bay area.

Betting it will have a northern california section.

You get those driving towards Vegas too.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 00:52 SectorEffector

Graphics look awesome! I was hoping for a California setting on the northern side. Fuck LA. Give me San Francisco all the way out to Lake Tahoe. San Jose, Silicon Valley, headquarters of "Fruit" and whatever they call Google. Lets get the City of Oakland as the center point of the whole experience.

Disappointing to see them going back down to LA. (I'm assuming San Andreas was LA...never played it)

Maybe if you played San Andreas you'd realize it has San Francisco ;o
Also, in the trailer it sure looked like it had some windmills that you see when driving up to the bay area.

Betting it will have a northern california section.

45. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 00:49 SectorEffector

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 00:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 17:37:
For those of us that have actually played all of them and enjoyed them - the more the better. I don't give a crap if they just import SA into the new engine. They aren't going for anything revolutionary, they are just progressing another story, calm the F down!
I've played all of them as they came out and enjoyed them all, right from the first GTA. Vice City was the only one that I ended up completing, as I really enjoyed the setting and the freedom. I got quite far in GTAIV but my saved game corrupted because of GFWL, so I never got found to completing it. However, based upon the visuals in the trailer it really doesn't look like much of an improvement over GTAIV and graphically that game was pretty dated at the time. And it's not just me, as the userscore over on Metacritic also shows a lot of negativity towards the game.

But I found Mafia II to be a lot more compelling as a game. The openworld had only a fraction of the depth of GTAIV but the story was excellent, the pacing much better and the atmosphere - from the period music to the style of buildings - was excellent. And graphically it blew GTAIV out of the water, as well as running dramatically faster and being very well optimised for PC. That pretty good coming out of a small eastern European developer, which a fraction of the budget that GTAIV had.

I don't need to "calm down" just because I'm not impressed by the trailer, any more than the people running around saying it has life-like visuals do. I'm just wary based upon the poor quality of GTAIV on PC.

Mafia II was dead short of a game, lacked nearly the amount of depth, and the cutscene where you get made and you realize they are cutting out 10+ possible missions was a joke. Mafia > Mafia 2. <-- I'm betting Mafia I had a smaller budget as well.

I played the shit out of GTA 4, and I still go back into it from time to time, esp with the Gay Tony DLC.

44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 00:47 Cutter

Very underwhelming trailer. And it's looking very dated now.  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 3, 2011, 00:19 theyarecomingforyou

For those of us that have actually played all of them and enjoyed them - the more the better. I don't give a crap if they just import SA into the new engine. They aren't going for anything revolutionary, they are just progressing another story, calm the F down!
I've played all of them as they came out and enjoyed them all, right from the first GTA. Vice City was the only one that I ended up completing, as I really enjoyed the setting and the freedom. I got quite far in GTAIV but my saved game corrupted because of GFWL, so I never got found to completing it. However, based upon the visuals in the trailer it really doesn't look like much of an improvement over GTAIV and graphically that game was pretty dated at the time. And it's not just me, as the userscore over on Metacritic also shows a lot of negativity towards the game.

But I found Mafia II to be a lot more compelling as a game. The openworld had only a fraction of the depth of GTAIV but the story was excellent, the pacing much better and the atmosphere - from the period music to the style of buildings - was excellent. And graphically it blew GTAIV out of the water, as well as running dramatically faster and being very well optimised for PC. That pretty good coming out of a small eastern European developer, which a fraction of the budget that GTAIV had.

I don't need to "calm down" just because I'm not impressed by the trailer, any more than the people running around saying it has life-like visuals do. I'm just wary based upon the poor quality of GTAIV on PC.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 22:33 Sugarman

I don't see why everyone is bitching, I bought every single one that came out on pc and they were all a blast, and I'm sure this one will be as well.  

41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 18:05 MonkeySpank

It's not the development of different buildings that's the issue. They can easily tile these buildings so you'll have an entire city of them. The issue arises when you try to render these buildings with a maintainable PVS; You also need a PVS for collision with all these buildings. It's feasible but as many have stated before, it won't add much value. It'll be the same 20 buildings over and over.  

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 18:03 space captain

Wow. Who pissed in all of the hater's koolaid this am? Geez. Show a clip and you get your period!? Calm down.

god bless autopilots

Go forth, and kill!

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 18:01 MonkeySpank

It's still called Los Santos. You can see the sign of it in the Muscle Beach shot and in the back of the Bugstars van. Los Puerta sign is off of the 101 near downtown LA, which I can only imagine was the sign for the I-5 to Los Feliz.  

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:58 Jerykk

Sure, bit of apples and oranges here, but Frontier was released 18 years ago. Imagine if that technology had advanced as much as texture sizes and polygon counts...

Procedural generation has been around for a while. However, the results of procedural generation tend to be generic and random.

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:48 Zarkov

Beamer wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:36:
Will every building be enter-able? Of course not, unless you want the game to take 20 years, cost $5,000 and ship on 80 Blu Ray discs.
The Frontier (Elite 2) universe contained about 100 billion star systems, was coded by one person in assembly language, and the uncompressed executable weighed in at about 400kB. Just sayin.

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:37 xXBatmanXx

Wow. Who pissed in all of the hater's koolaid this am? Geez. Show a clip and you get your period!? Calm down. It is GTA. If you don't like the series, then no shit you won't like this.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:34 xXBatmanXx

So you are bitching about something you never tried? wow. SA was a great game. I still play it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:24 Yosemite Sam

Xombie wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 15:30:
How in the world can people say these are bad graphics?

Ahhh the young'uns these days. They don't know how good they have it. Why I remember back in the day, playing my games on a home built black and white where the pixels were so big you could measure them with a bloody ruler.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 17:01 Mordecai Walfish

the only way most interiors could possibly be populated is to have a system like many San Andreas multiplayer servers have: where you can purchase any available property and then possibly the purchaser could go all sims with the place and build the interior.

I'm sure rockstar has considered this, as it really is the only way to get all of that content into their game, unless like others have stated, they want to wait until 2024 for release ^_^ All it would take are interior spaces separate from the game world, but even these would be able to draw data from the outside game world, if say, a car was going by or a person running down the street. Really would be no need for sync'd peds or generic traffic. The inside of the house seen through windows could possibly be a regularly-updated image snapshot taken from the actual inside as well.

We have the technology.. you know? ^_~ (fucking consoles...)

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 15:47 Beelzebud

I just hope the engine is actually optimized better on the PC this time around. I still can't get GTAIV to run smooth, even on low settings, with above recommended specs.  

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo