Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs

The Saints Row: The Third Website celebrates All Saints Day with an outline of PC-specific features in the upcoming open world action sequel, saying: "Saints Row: The Third on PC is not a port, and it's our goal here at Volition to prove that to our PC fans. We hope you enjoy the game when it releases to the public on November 15th!"

Word is: First up, the Steam version of Saints Row: The Third will feature the Saints Video Record Mode, allowing you to record and save your most over-the-top gameplay clips, which you are free to share on social media sites and of course right here on SaintsRow.com. And if you’re a true cinephile, you can switch off the HUD and showcase your cheerleader assassin character in all her unblemished glory. Post launch, the PC version will receive exclusive customization options, including oversized bobblehead masks of characters from your favorite non-THQ online shooter, Valve’s Team Fortress 2. They’re free, so Strap Them On! Stay tuned for more details in the future. Meanwhile, the game's Steam page offers system requirements (thanks Destructoid). Here are those:

Minimum Recommended
Processor: 2GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel® Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2) or higher
Memory: 2GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 320MB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 3.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 series or better
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
Co-Op Play:NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 cards require 640MB of Video RAM. ATI Radeon™ HD3800 cards require 1GB of Video RAM
Processor: Any Quad Core Processor (Intel® Core i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X4) or 3.0+ Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4GB System RAM or more
Graphics: 1GB Video RAM GPU w/ Shader Model 4.0 support. NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 400 series or better. ATI Radeon™ HD5000 series or better
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 3, 2011, 07:07 everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC2QD2UYguM

Game over. Volition win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Nov 3, 2011, 01:44 Wowbagger_TIP

yuastnav wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 12:33:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 03:39:
In my opinion it was much better than Alpha Protocol. I tried to like Alpha Protocol but I couldn't but I loved Saints Row 2.

AP and Saints Row are completely different games. AP was definitely a better port than SR2. Whether it was a better game is completely up to your personal tastes.

I did not mean the gameplay, I mean the port.
People generally complain about the port of SR2 and, at least that is the impression that I have, seem to be of the opinion that Alpha Protocol is a better port. Which in my opinion it is not.
Aside from over-sensitivity in some of the mini-games, and a boss fight or two that were ridiculously difficult if you weren't the right type of build, I didn't have any trouble with AP, and I played through it three times in a row. None of the issues really seemed related to the port. More like generally failed QA in some areas. Given how good the game itself was, those were pretty easily forgivable for me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

25. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 3, 2011, 00:13 Jerykk

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 19:57:
I don't care how the game looks - these play better on console.....same with GTA. I will probably (AGAIN) end up buying on both platforms though....

You realize that you can plug gamepads into your PC, right? Or hook up your PC to your TV if you insist on using your couch? And you can do both these things while getting more than twice the framerate of the console versions and higher screen resolutions, higher-res textures, higher AA, higher AF, mod support, etc. So no, "these" games don't play better on console. No multiplatform title plays better on consoles unless the PC port is a total abomination.

Yes, exactly. These freezes and the controls were horrible. Made the game much harder than it should have been whereas I had no such problems when playing Saints Row 2.

Except you could easily fix the freezes with some cfg tweaking and the controls were only problematic for the minigames, which comprised maybe 3% of the game. SR2's performance and stability issues affected everything and could not be fixed or avoided.

24. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 19:57 xXBatmanXx

I don't care how the game looks - these play better on console.....same with GTA. I will probably (AGAIN) end up buying on both platforms though....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 17:00 yuastnav

Yes, exactly. These freezes and the controls were horrible. Made the game much harder than it should have been whereas I had no such problems when playing Saints Row 2.
I will not say that it ran very good or even good but the performance was quite okay, cannot say that about Alpha Protocol.

22. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 16:58 Jerykk

I only had two issues with the AP port. The first was an occasional hitch where the game would freeze for a frame or two, but still read mouse input, so when the game unfroze you'd be looking in some random direction. This was fixed through some cfg tweaking, I believe. The other issue was that the minigames weren't optimized very well for mouse sensitivity and acceleration, resulting in sluggish controls.  

21. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 14:17 Verno

Alpha Protocol was a really flawed game and not a perfect port but far from the total disaster that Saints Row 2 was. I don't even know how you can remotely weigh them objectively and make any other conclusion.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

20. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 13:26 StingingVelvet

yuastnav wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 12:33:
People generally complain about the port of SR2 and, at least that is the impression that I have, seem to be of the opinion that Alpha Protocol is a better port. Which in my opinion it is not.

Alpha Protocol is a ten times better port than SR2 was. I can't even think of any port-related issues AP had, it was just low budget and kind of buggy in general, on all platforms.

19. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 12:33 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 03:39:
In my opinion it was much better than Alpha Protocol. I tried to like Alpha Protocol but I couldn't but I loved Saints Row 2.

AP and Saints Row are completely different games. AP was definitely a better port than SR2. Whether it was a better game is completely up to your personal tastes.

18. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 12:08 Dades

You should have googled irony instead.  

17. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 10:57 space captain

Dades wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 07:05:
whoa! you posted some random quotes from authors and songs, youre like deep man.

im not trying to be deep... just stupid, like you

edit: to wit - you thought a quote from Prince was supposed to be "deep"?

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2011, 11:08.

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 10:16 Beamer

necrosis wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 08:47:
Why does this game look like some stupid 'shock factor' title along the lines of Postal and Duke Nukem? Gaining hype just because they like to push the line and deliberately poke people's buttons?
The point isn't to shock, but to be over the top stupid. GTA is much more about "shock factor" because it has more realism. This is all just cartoon violence. This game takes place in a world where people being innocent bystanders gunned down in gang violence is considered normal and the gang leaders gunning them down are considered awesome celebrities.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 09:55 StingingVelvet

Dades wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 23:00:
The last Saints Row game on the PC was one of the worst ports ever made, at its most playable state it made other terrible console ports seem like pc exclusive Blizzard titles.

I agree, but it was outsourced and the whole point of the article is that they're doing it in-house and better this time. The PC version of Red Faction: Armageddon was solid.

14. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 08:47 necrosis

Why does this game look like some stupid 'shock factor' title along the lines of Postal and Duke Nukem? Gaining hype just because they like to push the line and deliberately poke people's buttons?  

13. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 07:05 Dades

space captain wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 01:03:
whoa! never heard that before

whoa! you posted some random quotes from authors and songs, youre like deep man.

12. Re: Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs Nov 2, 2011, 06:54 Cutter

Don't let the prospect of beating people with giant dildos overcome your common sense.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 05:33 everyone

space captain wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 20:44:
how long do you think it will take before those pixellated censor boxes get modded out of the pc version?
You're seriously underestimating the modding community if you think they haven't already.
*cough*

Game's gonna be awesome. Can't wait.

10. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 03:39 Jerykk

9. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 03:23 yuastnav

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 22:08:
Of course it's a console port, they would be idiots to do anything else. It can be a GOOD console port though.

The last Saints Row game on the PC was one of the worst ports ever made, at its most playable state it made other terrible console ports seem like pc exclusive Blizzard titles.

Yes it was not a good port but either I have much lower standards (which cannot be since I am pretty much a PC elitist) or we played a different game because yes - there were bugs and other short-comings but they did not keep me from enjoying the hell out of that game.

8. Re: Nov 2, 2011, 01:03 space captain

The last Saints Row game on the PC was one of the worst ports ever made

whoa! never heard that before

Go forth, and kill!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo