Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Humble Voxatron Debut

The Humble Bundle Website now offers The Humble Voxatron Debut, a bundle comprised of a single game, Voxatron, which is described as a "voxel-based, old-school-gone-new platform shooter." The game runs under Windows, OS X, and Linux, and is being sold in the same manner as the previous Humble deals: Customers can select their own price, and designate how it is to be divided between the developer, publisher, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and Child's Play. The game, which includes its own level editor, is currently in alpha, but all future updates will be included.

View
6. Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Nov 1, 2011, 02:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yes, I get the gameplay > graphics argument. I still fire up BG2 occasionally, and I'm still playing various indie/humble bundle games that all have their various non-AAA graphics setups.

However, I still blame Minecraft for the veritable flood of new indie games that don't even bother to do graphics that would look out of place after about 1990. I'm looking at you, Terraria!

Voxels are still implemented primitively enough that Voxatron makes a bit of sense, I am just annoyed that my Humble Bundle track record will be interrupted because I literally could not tolerate playing this game.

Oh well, between this and the semi-fake voxel engines out there, maybe voxels are the future of graphics... again.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 31, 20:41 Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut nin
  2. Oct 31, 21:54  Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut MoreLuckThanSkill
  3. Oct 31, 23:11   Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Kitkoan
  9. Nov 1, 14:58    Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Dev
  10. Nov 1, 15:56     Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut killer_roach
  4. Nov 1, 00:44   Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Jensen
  5. Nov 1, 00:47   Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut DrEvil
>> 6. Nov 1, 02:27    Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut MoreLuckThanSkill
  7. Nov 1, 03:05     Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut Jensen
  8. Nov 1, 04:46 Re: The Humble Voxatron Debut yuastnav