Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?

VentureBeat has word that all or part of the PC edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is in the hands of pirates after being stolen from a warehouse. The explanation of what was taken is a little vague: "Evidently, pirated discs began to spread quickly after an employee at a shipping warehouse (run by a huge shipping company) in Fresno, Calif., stole one disc. It’s not clear how many full copies spread this way, as the disc that was stolen was apparently Disc 2 of a two-disk set for the PC. Security may have been too tight for the thief to steal the other disc."

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

27. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:47 Cutter

Call of Poopy: Modern Poopfare.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:35 LittleMe

Jerykk wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 21:29:
Still not sure how this is news, or even a leak. 1 CD out of 2 is leaked, and there is no crack available, despite what's been said here. Wow, what a scandal. Meanwhile people were playing Rage on 360 2 weeks before the release, and not a word about it on "news" sites.

With all due respect, this is Call of Duty, bro. Game of the year 2011 guaranteed. Hell, probably the best game ever made. I already have my X360 Hardened Edition pre-ordered at GameStop. And consoles don't have piracy, dude. That's why developers make games for consoles instead of PC, where everyone is a scumbag pirate who steals everything. Maybe if you guys stopped stealing you'd actually have some games to play, lol

/end depressingly accurate console gamer parody

Before I get out of bed I make sure to pirate at least one thing. Otherwise I feel like shit.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

25. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:29 Jerykk

Still not sure how this is news, or even a leak. 1 CD out of 2 is leaked, and there is no crack available, despite what's been said here. Wow, what a scandal. Meanwhile people were playing Rage on 360 2 weeks before the release, and not a word about it on "news" sites.

With all due respect, this is Call of Duty, bro. Game of the year 2011 guaranteed. Hell, probably the best game ever made. I already have my X360 Hardened Edition pre-ordered at GameStop. And consoles don't have piracy, dude. That's why developers make games for consoles instead of PC, where everyone is a scumbag pirate who steals everything. Maybe if you guys stopped stealing you'd actually have some games to play, lol

/end depressingly accurate console gamer parody

24. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:11 Beelzebud

23. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 21:09 Ruffiana

So much for the whole "piracy isn't theft" arguement.  

22. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 20:56 MrGrosser

It's been cracked... pulling down the release now.

I hope this is better than that PoS called BF3

21. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 20:46 Dades

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 18:37:
ya! How awesome is this! Leak it people (sarcasm)! Then wonder why all the developers move to a more controlled environment. Seed time and harvest...Oo

Yeah because they didn't already do that or anything. Let's be nice to the people who abandoned our platform long ago and don't give a shit.

20. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 20:23 EddieTheHack

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 18:37:
ya! How awesome is this! Leak it people (sarcasm)! Then wonder why all the developers move to a more controlled environment. Seed time and harvest...Oo
Dev's are on consoles because that where they perceive the largest market to be. Piracy is just as rampant on the console as on PC's. Gears 3 was leaked a few months before its street date. It happens all the time. Its not the platform - its the people involved. If some ass helmet making 8 bucks an hour see's his chance to be an internet boss - they will always take it. Thank goodness physical distribution will be dead in 5 years.

19. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 19:47 Hump

so instead of earning 5 billion it'll earn 4.99 billion. Big whoop. MP requires a key to play on official servers which is what most are looking forwards to anyhow.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

18. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 19:16 [VG]Reagle

So.....does this mean its gold???  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 19:03 Sepharo

Ludomancer wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 18:53:
Dev wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 18:39:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 15:57:
Good thing there is release date drm! Silly pirates, you can't do anything with that until release day anyway!

Right?
Just depends on the DRM method and the platform. Remember HL2 for PC? Valve didn't let anyone have the final .exe files until near the release time, I don't think it was playable very early, despite some stores selling it days ahead of time.

Hmm, I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall quite clearly that I played HL2 weeks (if not months) ahead of it's release.

We played the source code leak a year before its release. I'll never forget that awesome physics test level, the one with the big barrel pachinko thing. The gravity gun even had a glue function that wasn't available again until Gary's Mod.

I honestly think that is the reason for the huge delay and secrecy behind Half-Life 3. Valve and Gabe are so hellbent on doing something as revolutionary as HL2 again that they're throwing a lot of stuff out as we know they did with TF2 and others games.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 18:57 Prez

What exactly can be done with only one disc if both are needed for the installation?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 18:53 Ludomancer

Dev wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 18:39:
Good thing there is release date drm! Silly pirates, you can't do anything with that until release day anyway!

Right?
Just depends on the DRM method and the platform. Remember HL2 for PC? Valve didn't let anyone have the final .exe files until near the release time, I don't think it was playable very early, despite some stores selling it days ahead of time.

Hmm, I don't remember the specifics, but I do recall quite clearly that I played HL2 weeks (if not months) ahead of it's release.

14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 18:39 Dev

Right?

13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 18:37 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 17:53 Beelzebud

Yeah it's not like there is a huge piracy problem in Asia.

Hell over there, they company itself would probably run off a few thousand extra copies to place in stores, prominently displayed for all to see...

11. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 17:49 entr0py

eunichron wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 17:26:
Joss wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 16:12:
Hmmm, so you're telling me there's a job open somewhere?

Don't get your hopes up, that job will be outsourced to a Chinese company that will handle the shipping for 1/3 the cost.

Fortunately jobs stocking a warehouse still kind of have to be done on site. At least until they invent humanoid replicants that can be operated remotely from sweatshops in asia. But then we'll have bigger problems.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 17:37 Beelzebud

And yet not a word is mentioned when every major release for 360 was pirated a week or two before release this year.  

9. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 17:26 eunichron

Joss wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 16:12:
Hmmm, so you're telling me there's a job open somewhere?

Don't get your hopes up, that job will be outsourced to a Chinese company that will handle the shipping for 1/3 the cost.

8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 16:53 Rhett

ASeven wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 16:09:
The full ISO is released but there's no crack. Steam's DRM is impossible to crack before the release date.

People were able to play MW2, multiplayer, on IWNet at least a couple days before release. Even after release, which was hilarious. Just took quite a bit of work to crack IIRC.

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo