Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Via Digital Distribution

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 09:19 Dmitri_M

space captain wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 23:03:
why would stars even need swords to begin with?

YOU FAIL

lol

you really need to work harder on being a better troll

you fuckhead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 07:37 lvitriol

Kerberos rocks. whiners don't.  

more sp.

8. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 07:01 eRe4s3r

Its not even beta, lots of features are missing, even entire art assets and models  

7. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 05:28 Jonny

Keith wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 22:39:
I'm a bit confused. My original understanding, based on the posts at Paradox Plaza, was that a beta version was released by mistake through Steam. Now, after reading the developer's posts, I get the impression that the game was just released really, really, buggy and basically unplayable. There's this impassioned post from one of the developer's who goes through how making the game was like having a baby (blood and all, a creepy analogy), then mentions they are working 24/7 to fix the problems. No real info and not much of a surprise following what appears to be a monumental screw up. So what's the skinny? Is there a Lifetime movie in here somewhere or is it just pocket whining by a team who couldn't get their act together and nailed an unsuspecting public for $40 a head?

They lost quite a few staff members over the last year and couldn't replace them apparently, so they've all been on a legendary crunch that makes EA studios look like a paradise. Finally they and the publishers got to the point where they'd had enough and pushed it.

All very well, but not giving us any warning of that has pissed me off a bit. If they wanted me to pay for a beta in the vein of Minecraft then I'd have had no problem doing so, their support of SotS 1 has been exemplary, but when I put down £30 for it I was expecting a proper game with just a few bugs, not a blatant Beta build that's pretty much unplayable.

6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 01:04 Prez

space captain wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 23:03:

YOU FAIL

Well, if they can have wars, naturally they'd need swords to fight dumbass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53DQgbj2mIc

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 30, 2011, 00:56 .Drifter

I enjoyed the first game, and it's expansions, was planning on getting this one but saw it wouldn't run on XP, so I'd planned to hold off until I got my W7 computer put together.
Good idea apparently.
As for the release, yep, a beta build was released.
So they put up the official beta release build, aka "retail version."
First game I remember having very little trouble with at release, other than a few very random crashes, and didn't have any issues with the expansions either, although I read that others did.
Guess their quality control has really fallen off.

4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 23:03 space captain

YOU FAIL

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 22:39 Keith

I'm a bit confused. My original understanding, based on the posts at Paradox Plaza, was that a beta version was released by mistake through Steam. Now, after reading the developer's posts, I get the impression that the game was just released really, really, buggy and basically unplayable. There's this impassioned post from one of the developer's who goes through how making the game was like having a baby (blood and all, a creepy analogy), then mentions they are working 24/7 to fix the problems. No real info and not much of a surprise following what appears to be a monumental screw up. So what's the skinny? Is there a Lifetime movie in here somewhere or is it just pocket whining by a team who couldn't get their act together and nailed an unsuspecting public for $40 a head?  

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 21:10 TychoCelchuuu

The game so nice they released it twice!  

1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 29, 2011, 16:17 Prez

- This is the build that was intended to go out this morning.
- A large part of the update is DLC content that is now active.

REALLY should have gotten this right to begin with. You only get one shot at a launch.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo