Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Trick or Treat

Steam News has word on a new patch that's now live in Team Fortress 2, among other things adding the "Halloween 2011 Event" to the teamplay shooter. There are further details on the Very Scary Halloween Special on the Team Fortress 2 Blog, where word is:

Long story short, we guarantee you that nothing's going to scare you this year. There will be no ENORMOUS HAUNTED EYEBALL to terrorize you around an island filled with tons of SECRET LOOT, and a GIANT SKULL! There will be approximately zero percent chance of you getting your trembling hands on a spooky costume FOR EVERY CLASS! And we certainly wouldn't DRAMATIZE THE BACKSTORY of this hypothetical scary update with a FEAR-CHOKED TERROR-COMIC!

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: TF2 Trick or Treat Oct 29, 2011, 14:12 xXBatmanXx

mag wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 10:42:
Veterator wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 01:15:
This event sucks. It's worse than last year as the map is tiny and the gifts spawn very infrequently. I could easily see people spending all week playing and getting no gift spawns at all.

It's just too cramped and the rounds go pretty fast..eyeball guy might spawn once a round, usually only one gift per round and they can last up to 10 minutes. Or at little as 3-4 minutes.

I can understand scarcity on items, but these are halloween ONLY items..you can't even wear the majority of them outside of the event.

I was seeing eyeball dude spawn maybe two or three times a round. Not many gifts, though, yeah.
Well, considering how much they are pusing the store, I am sure they don't want to GIVE AWAY everything they are going to sell you next week!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: TF2 Trick or Treat Oct 29, 2011, 10:42 mag

Veterator wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 01:15:
This event sucks. It's worse than last year as the map is tiny and the gifts spawn very infrequently. I could easily see people spending all week playing and getting no gift spawns at all.

It's just too cramped and the rounds go pretty fast..eyeball guy might spawn once a round, usually only one gift per round and they can last up to 10 minutes. Or at little as 3-4 minutes.

I can understand scarcity on items, but these are halloween ONLY items..you can't even wear the majority of them outside of the event.

I was seeing eyeball dude spawn maybe two or three times a round. Not many gifts, though, yeah.

2. Re: TF2 Trick or Treat Oct 29, 2011, 01:15 Veterator

1. Re: TF2 Trick or Treat Oct 28, 2011, 16:10 Rhett

I totally read Merasmus's voice as The Monarch from Venture Brothers. In fact, this seems a lot like Venture Brothers when he comes into the picture... hah.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo