Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer

Here's a trailer from Batman: Arkham City, showing off the Nightwing character from the upcoming superhero action/stealth sequel. Word is that this will be released for the already available console editions of the game next week. We've asked for clarification of plans for the Nightwing and Robin packs for the yet-to-be-released Windows PC edition of the game, but are still in the dark about if and how they will be released.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 20:57 Lorcin

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:51:
I simply cannot get into playing a chick

I'd agree if it was 1st person - as it is 3rd I'd rather stare at a woman's arse than a man's one any day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 19:20 Ruffiana

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:36:
Wish I could see some footage from their mocap sessions.

Be careful what you wish for: Harley was mocapped from a guy in Arkham Asylum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGL1pIQVJVo

I'd be surprised and impressed if that where the case for Catwoman in Arkham City

12. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 18:36 nin

Wish I could see some footage from their mocap sessions.

Be careful what you wish for: Harley was mocapped from a guy in Arkham Asylum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGL1pIQVJVo

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 18:31 Ruffiana

Tumbler wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 13:55:
Would be awesome if after adding a few more DLC characters you could then play the game co-op with all these characters in a horde mode brawler type thing. I wanna see nighthawk, catwoman, Batman and Robin and duking it out in one place.

Honestly, I have no idea how they could possibly make their combat system work with more than one player.

10. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 18:30 Ruffiana

Oh hells yeah! I wish they would have gone with Nightwing instead of Catslut in the first place. I simply cannot get into playing a chick even in a fictional sense. I hopes this means you can play through the entire game as Nightwing and not just the challenge maps.

I enjoy playing a female in 3rd person games because of the simple fact that if I have to stare at someone's ass for hours on end, a shapely female one is more appealing to me.

Catwoman's idles and motion set are particularly titilating. Wish I could see some footage from their mocap sessions.

9. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 17:10 Teddy

Oh hells yeah! I wish they would have gone with Nightwing instead of Catslut in the first place. I simply cannot get into playing a chick even in a fictional sense. I hopes this means you can play through the entire game as Nightwing and not just the challenge maps.

Negative. Assuming it's anything like the Catwoman "first purchase club" bit, it's a sub-plot that goes along side the main, periodically swapping you over to play one or the other. Or you can select the specific story sections and play them individually (or just wander off with that particular character and screw around ignoring the story.

8. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 16:32 Dmitri_M

Looks very good. And I still gotta finish the first..  

7. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 15:51 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 14:52 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 11:14:
The first game set a pretty high bar for animations and atmosphere, I'd say it holds up just as well if not makes minor improvements on it.

As far as I know the main improvements are larger areas with more on screen. The graphics quality itself seems the same, but in a large open city rather than smaller areas.

I haven't played it yet, though.

5. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 13:55 Tumbler

Would be awesome if after adding a few more DLC characters you could then play the game co-op with all these characters in a horde mode brawler type thing. I wanna see nighthawk, catwoman, Batman and Robin and duking it out in one place.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 13:34 Ruffiana

Graphically, it's kind of more of the same. It's the art direction that really brings everything together, and they've done a fantastic job of presenting a portion of Gotham as Arkham City.

Game really builds on Arkham Asylum. You start off with pretty much all of the abilities and gadgets you had by the end of the first game, and then over time gain another 50% or so. Combat has been extended, you have opportunities for counters against 2-4 enemies at once...more quick gadget moves and combos. There are a few new LT and Boss classes thrown into the mix, requiring a specific technique to deal with them. And I believe that the maximum size for a full own brawl has been upped. A few times in the game you'll find yourself find yourself surrounded by 2-3 dozen bad guys at once.

As good as Batman's animations are, Catwoman's combat moves are spectacular and wholely unique to her. Robin can only be played in the Riddler challenges outside of the main game, but all of his moves are also unique. From the looks of the video, Nightwing is also a completley unqiue set. Tremendous amount of animation work has gone into combat and for them to have 4 unique characters is pretty amazing.

Just running around the cityscape, grappling from ledge to watertower, gliding, dropping down on crimes in back alleys, dangling flunkies off of rooftops by their ankle to get information...it's just being Batman in every imaginable sense. Every bit as good as Arkham Asylum, just more and better.

Really only thing missing from the franchise at this point is being pilot vehicles, tool around in the Batcave, or small-talk with socialites at a cocktail party as Bruce Wayne.

3. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 11:17 nin

I was really impressed with the graphics of the first game, does anybody know if they are improved in this one?

It looks pretty much the same. And that's not a big deal since (as you said) the first game looked great.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 11:14 Verno

The first game set a pretty high bar for animations and atmosphere, I'd say it holds up just as well if not makes minor improvements on it.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. Re: Batman: Arkham City Nightwing Trailer Oct 27, 2011, 11:01 Techie714

This game just keeps looking better & better. I was really impressed with the graphics of the first game, does anybody know if they are improved in this one?

OT: Played BF3 last night..OMG the graphics are so damn amazing in that game. GTX570 set to ultra & not having any issues.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo