Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized

The closing performance at BlizzCon 2011 by Level 90 Epic Tauren Chieftain has drawn fire from GLAAD for anti-gay slurs in a lead-in video from guest singer George 'Corpseater' Fisher from Cannibal Corpse, reports GayGamer. Word is: "The problem? His hate for the Alliance. Specifically, the anti-gay language used to describe them. Though bleeped-out, Fisher's diatribe calls Alliance players a number of anti-gay slurs, and declares that they should die." They say this "has prompted GLAAD to initiate an outreach to Blizzard." VG247 notes the following official comment on this from Blizzard:

Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

View
212 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

132. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:36 ventry

PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:11:

Place 100,000 gay men (or women) on an island with NO access to adoption or IVF and that group of citizens will be dead and gone in around 50 years. No way to procreate you see.

So you're suggesting homosexuality is a completely normal way for nature to address overpopulation in a species?

No.
That is the product of your over fertile imagination.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

131. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:35 AnointedSword

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:29:
AnointedSword wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:26:
Christianphobes!

This has nothing to do with religion. Please don't try to drag religion in as some kinda false-leverage to the subject at hand.

Sorry, you just dragged homosexuality into my gaming site...Now it has everything to do with Christ. Like I said, nature itself is also witness...

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

130. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:34 Prez

How many of them have to worry about themselves because of the fact that another gay one of them tied to lamppost, beaten, burned and killed in public only 3 days ago? And this wasn't the first or last time it will happen, just because they were gay?

Horrible things happen to blacks, whites, Asians, Hindus, to Muslims, Christians, Jews, atheists, to heterosexuals, bi-sexuals, transexuals, men, women, children, transvestites, to everybody every single day. Gays are not special. No one should have to suffer such things, but it's a sad fact of life and human nature that they do and will. We all wish we could end the suffering wrought by evil people - any decent person would, but crying about some stupid, harmless thing some goofball said won't help one bit.

And please don't try to infer that his speech can be considered "inflammatory"; that's just an insultingly stupid notion, just as it was when people suggested it about some goofy developer naming an achievement "Stupid whore" or something like that. It's childish idiocy.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 19:40.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

129. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:33 AnointedSword

Draugr wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:21:
ventry wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:03:
Place 100,000 gay men (or women) on an island with NO access to adoption or IVF and that group of citizens will be dead and gone in around 50 years. No way to procreate you see.

The same thing could be said about placing 100 heterosexual men (or women) on an island. It's also a point that serves no purpose.

Nice twist, but no matter how you slice it... God and nature did not intend homosexuality. You do not have to believe in God, even though the evidence within impartial science is mounting in favor of a creator, but nature speaks for itself.

128. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:29 Kitkoan

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:26:
Christianphobes!

This has nothing to do with religion. Please don't try to drag religion in as some kinda false-leverage to the subject at hand.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

127. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:28 Kitkoan

eunichron wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:14:
Kitkoan wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:05:
Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species. Homo-phobia is only found in one. Which one would you consider "natural"?

"Homosexuality" and "homosexual tendencies" are two entirely different things. I could go out right now and have sex with another man, but it doesn't make me a homosexual, because I'm still primarily attracted to women.

Animals like sheep have been observed being strictly homosexual, refusing to have sex with females but will happily have sex with other male sheep. And homosexual life-partner pairing has been noted before in other animal species.

126. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:26 AnointedSword

Christianphobes!  

125. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:21 Draugr

ventry wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:03:

The same thing could be said about placing 100 heterosexual men (or women) on an island. It's also a point that serves no purpose.

124. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:20 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:13:

Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species.

How many of them were offended by Cannibal Corpse at BlizzCon?
How many of them have to worry about themselves because of the fact that another gay one of them tied to lamppost, beaten, burned and killed in public only 3 days ago? And this wasn't the first or last time it will happen, just because they were gay?

123. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:14 eunichron

Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species. Homo-phobia is only found in one. Which one would you consider "natural"?

"Homosexuality" and "homosexual tendencies" are two entirely different things. I could go out right now and have sex with another man, but it doesn't make me a homosexual, because I'm still primarily attracted to women.

Besides, is not the point of controlling "hate-speech" the idea that we are better than animals? The belief that we are conscious of our actions and are able to control them above and beyond our natural instincts?

122. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:13 Prez

Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species.

How many of them were offended by Cannibal Corpse at BlizzCon?

121. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:11 PHJF

So you're suggesting homosexuality is a completely normal way for nature to address overpopulation in a species?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

120. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:10 Draugr

Hellbinder wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:40:
Here is some hate speech for you.

The fact that peoples perverted or mentally deranged sexual state needs to be identified by them literally in front of every single thing they do is a sign in itself of the truth im stating.

whats next want to share with everyone that you are a "gay" coffee drinker? bottom line is you are sexually attracted to the same sex wich is ABNORMAL! and not something you should be proud of, ok with, or trumpet as loud as you can associating it with literally everything you do.

it is an OBVIOUS mental disorder plain and simple and its time all of society recognized that and dealt with it accordingly.

Stop bringing facts into this!

119. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:05 Kitkoan

Hellbinder wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:40:
Here is some hate speech for you.

The fact that peoples perverted or mentally deranged sexual state needs to be identified by them literally in front of every single thing they do is a sign in itself of the truth im stating.

whats next want to share with everyone that you are a "gay" coffee drinker? bottom line is you are sexually attracted to the same sex wich is ABNORMAL! and not something you should be proud of, ok with, or trumpet as loud as you can associating it with literally everything you do.

it is an OBVIOUS mental disorder plain and simple and its time all of society recognized that and dealt with it accordingly.

118. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:03 ventry

This speaks volumes about what nature would have to say about homosexuality. Nothing to do with politics or religion.
However we ALL know mans disposition for fucking with nature.

Do I want homosexuals dead? NO.
Do I want homosexuals bashed? NO.
Do I believe homosexuals deserve to live their lives in peace? YES.
BUT, don't tell me it's "normal".

I've been called "white cracker", "whitey", "kangaroo shagger" etc.
Guess what? I don't give a shit.
You won't see me running around crying a river of tears.
"WHAAAAAA hate speech WHHHAAAAA"
Go to the fridge and pour yourselves a BIG glass of "get over it" juice.

117. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:56 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:53:

I think Hellbinder is Blue's alter ego.

That's a pretty serious insult to Blue.

Yeah, maybe, but it's not like it's Blues' fault. It's the result of a failed science experiment involving web ads, the Bible, and the Huffington Post gone horribly wrong. Hellbinder is Blues' "Mr Hyde" so to speak.

116. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:56 MajorD

Halo wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:54:
The Horde is a bunch of straights and need to die!!!

Anybody offended?

Bigcry Protest Tears

115. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:54 Halo

The Horde is a bunch of straights and need to die!!!

Anybody offended?

114. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:53 nin

That's a pretty serious insult to Blue.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

113. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:51 Prez

Ever notice that you never see Hellbinder and Blue at the same time??? Thinking2

212 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo