Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

And I can sum it all up in just one word: courage, dedication, daring, pride, pluck, spirit, grit, mettle, and G-U-T-S, *guts*. Why, Ted Striker's got more guts in his little finger than most of us have in our large intestine, including the colon!

Gutsy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Piggy Wiggy.
Creepy Columns.
Links: The 8 Creepiest Glitches Hidden in Popular Video Games.
Stories: The 'hilarious' TSA note about a woman's vibrator. Thanks dakslf.
Farmer’s Real Prizewinner Is Fantasy Baseball Team.
Media: Ralph: The Last Guy to Wear a Hitler Mustache in America. Not counting M.J.
Karate monster smashes 700 cement slabs in 25 seconds.
Follow-up: NASA: "Interplanetary bogeyman" comet Elenin is no more; it's an ex-comet.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2011, 15:39 xXBatmanXx

kanniballl wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 15:47:
Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 12:51:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 22:24:
Put in a 10 hour session into Dead Island via 360 to 360 link. Damn that is fun. 2 big screen tvs next to eachother, laughing, drinking beers, hanging out. Good times. The game is a hell of a lot of fun.

I used to lug about 100 lbs worth of computer equipment around for lan parties... That is, a 19" CRT (50 lbs), and a monster Antec (made of steel) case, and accessories...

But Taking a big screen to a friend's for a 'lan party' sounds crazy...

Maybe that's not the case... Maybe you have two... But either way, I find it funny : )

-Alamar

Eh, Plasmas are heavy but LEDs are quite light. A 32" LED is neither heavy nor cumbersome. Something like a 42" might be more difficult to hold right but it shouldn't bee too hard.

An XBox 360 can fit in a backpack and you can carry an LED into the house no problem.

Used a 46 inch and a 40 inch LCD. I have both of them at the house, just had to move one to the living room. No big deal.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 15:47 kanniballl

Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 12:51:
Put in a 10 hour session into Dead Island via 360 to 360 link. Damn that is fun. 2 big screen tvs next to eachother, laughing, drinking beers, hanging out. Good times. The game is a hell of a lot of fun.

I used to lug about 100 lbs worth of computer equipment around for lan parties... That is, a 19" CRT (50 lbs), and a monster Antec (made of steel) case, and accessories...

Maybe that's not the case... Maybe you have two... But either way, I find it funny : )

-Alamar

Eh, Plasmas are heavy but LEDs are quite light. A 32" LED is neither heavy nor cumbersome. Something like a 42" might be more difficult to hold right but it shouldn't bee too hard.

An XBox 360 can fit in a backpack and you can carry an LED into the house no problem.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 12:51 Alamar

-Alamar

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 09:34 Prez

"The fog is getting thicker, chief."
"And Leon is getting L-A-R-G-E-R!!!!"

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 04:58 Hoop

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
No really.

Um .. Behind you...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 00:07 Sepharo

0 bytes wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 23:39:
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

http://i.imgur.com/pOhgb.png

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 23:39 Killswitch

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 22:58 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:04:
Seriously nin you didn't get the Airplane! quote?!?

I've never been able to sit through Airplane - can't stand it.

Surely you must be joking!

I'm serious... and don't call me Shirley.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 22:24 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:04:

Surely you must be joking!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 22:24 xXBatmanXx

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 18:43 Prez

- "So how long until we land?"
- "I can't tell."
- "You can tell me, I'm a doctor."

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 18:39 PHJF

So which is it, you can't sit or you can't stand?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 18:04 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 17:46 The Half Elf

Please exit the van, walk across the street and turn in your BluesNews.com thread posting card. You sir are in posting time out for 2 weeks.

And please exit the back door, we don't want the neighbors to see you.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 15:40 Cutter

That's odd as I was thinking about Airplane the other day after watching Turbulence with Ray Liotta and Lauren Holly (rowr!). When she had to land the plane I kept thinking of Ted Striker when he said....

Striker: I'll take it Elaine. Listen to me Kramer! We have
people up here who will die in less than an hour let alone two. I may bend your precious airplane, but I'll get it down. I'm putting the landing gear down now.

I swear it's probably the only comedy in the world I never tire of, and still makes me laugh my ass off everytime I watch it. Funniest movie ever!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 15:33 Hoop

Hes gone all "Howard Hughes" on us.
Im going to take a guess & say hes on a Battlefield 3 bender.
Not leaving the Blue Tower, the beard, the cryptic quotes it all fits.
You all better start looking for him on your American Battlefield 3 servers. When you hear the tinkle of someone peeing in a milk botttle in the background try & get him to communicate.

apologies for the spelling I have been on a battlefield 3 bender.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2011, 03:12.

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 15:11 nin

shul wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 14:43:
I don't get it, why would an airplane! quote is here today ?

I didn't get it, either. I had to google the name to even find out what he was talking about...

edit: Then again, I never deciphered his secret code from the other day, either...maybe it ties into that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 14:43 shul

I don't get it, why would an airplane! quote is here today ?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 14:36 PHJF

Ahahaha, American Horror Story and Sunny are the only shows I'm currently watching on TV (well, I watch Boardwalk Empire... just not on TV) and apparently next week DTV is going to drop FX in some hissy fit with Fox. Figures. Looks like I'll have two more shows I have to watch via "alternative methods". No skin off my back.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2011, 12:05 PHJF

I'll never get over Macho Grande.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo