Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Just Cause 3 Next Year?

The rumor section in the latest issue of Xbox World magazine suggests Avalanche Studios is developing Just Cause 3 for release in 2012. VG247 shares what they say about the open-world action sequel: "Our spies say devs Avalanche are hard at work as we speak, and that itís set for release next year."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 11:27 Creston

OldTimber wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 03:05:
Oh god yes make it decent on the pc and I'll pick it up.

Make it decent on the PC? JC2 was probably the best PC port next to DE:HR. You could remap every key, it had an assload of graphics options, it looked brilliant, it ran smooth as silk. Not really sure what else people want?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 08:49 everyone

JC2 was great, despite the monotony of the missions. It was just a fun game to dick around in. That, and it had a hot air balloon.  

11. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 08:21 Slashman

I'm all for a JC3. I'd just like the ability to do flat turns in jets and planes. Apparently all aircraft in the JC universe are made sans tail rudders. "Banking is for real men or something like that."

Otherwise yeah...bring it on!!!!

10. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 05:56 Nameless One

Provide the ability to use a steering wheel, use some decent car sim/physics code, and provide some rally stages and/or challenges
like in NFS and similar games in there then coop or no I'd pretty much live there for large stretches of time. In my favourite rally game,
Network Q Rally Championship, there were stages that'd take a good half an hour to drive, not the short sprints in current games.
This could provide long stretches of really good driving with minimal repetition.

9. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 03:05 OldTimber

Oh god yes make it decent on the pc and I'll pick it up. Picked up JC2 when Steam had it onsale over the summer and have enjoyed it immensely since then. Love the engine that it's built on and the world/island felt like it would be a perfect mmo setting being nice and open. If I'm bored some nights I'll fire it up, cyclejack someone and just ride as far as I can on the main highway trying to do laps around the island(s).  

8. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 27, 2011, 01:38 fujiJuice

Just Cause 2 would of been the perfect game if it had some sort of coop, still tremendous fun though, managed to get like 55% complete.

I hope they add that in the next one.

7. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 23:07 xXBatmanXx

dang, still working on the other 2....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 23:04 wrlwnd

Dang I hope this is true.

Loved JC2.

5. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 22:54 Shok

I love that engine. If they can just work on the AI a little more so it is a little more, ohh nevermind who am I kidding, I'll buy the damn thing no matter what the AI is like...  

4. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 22:31 Cutter

They should do it in a snowy environemtn like Switzerland or something utilizing skiing, base jumping, etc.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Prerelease Saints Row 3 Character Creator Oct 26, 2011, 22:25 Joss

These guys are sitting on a bad-ass engine. Hope they deliver something worthwhile.  

2. Re: Just Cause 3 Next Year? Oct 26, 2011, 22:22 Creston

YES!

God, I love Just Cause 2. 220+ hours and counting, according to Steam. It's probably the most fun I've ever had in a game.

Another Just Cause game will be fucking awesome.

Creston

1. Re: Prerelease Saints Row 3 Character Creator Oct 26, 2011, 22:04 linfosoma

OH YES PLEASE. Avalanche rocks, Im playing Renegade Ops and it's a blast, more if this please!  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo