Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3

"Our biggest benefit for the console has been that we’re leading on PC," DICE's Patrick Bach tells PC Gamer about Battlefield 3. "It has forced us to push the limited technology of consoles compared to the PC to a new level, because we set the bar with what we wanted to create on PC and said, ‘How the heck are we going to do this on consoles?’”

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 22:04 Sepharo

Went 0-0 MVP on 64 Metro today... And I've got the Battlelog proof right here. Nice feature.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/338387/1/329801773/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 11:23 Verno

The jets and helis don't have countermeasures by default which is utterly absurd. It doesn't take much to unlock them but good lord does it suck flying until you get them and stealth.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

23. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 10:50 SpectralMeat

I shot a jet down with a tank last night. He was flying low and straight at me, when the plane blew up I yelled out loud in your fooking face bitch !

Stupid me I had Fraps loaded but forgot to start the recording !!!

I love this game !

Steam: SpectralMeat

22. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 09:47 Bucky

I for one am glad there are no bots in my multiplayer games. I've hated that since it first started being done, and no amount of server filtering ever seems to ensure that I won't see bots.

Favorite BF3 moment so far: I decided to finally play as a sniper, and I'm moving up on a mcom position. As I'm scanning a ridge, I see a friendly about to lose his dogtags. I fire off 3 quick shots, and save my teammate. I love that they altered the knife to be a long, slow animation--it gets rid of all the BS knife kills from BC2. The knife is still a viable option, but you'd better be careful when you use it.

21. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 08:36 JayDeath

Yeah, the battlelog kinda blows right now but I am so impressed with this game! Any battlefield fans know how bad the last couple of BF launches have been. The game runs flawlessly for me, no bugs or crashes yet...It looks like EA and DICE finally got their shit together. What a fantastic game!  
Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

20. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 08:19 TurdFergasun

much like value for money, and the ability to be creative with your purchase.  

19. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 06:47 Dmitri_M

Gas Bandit wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 23:51:
I'm still agog that they didn't include optional bots for the MP maps... and that their explanation was "bots were just a cop out for what we really wanted to do!"

Frankly, you could have kept your stupid 4 hour single player campaign and given us the option to have bots fill up the slots on the multiplayer maps.

Sadly bots have gone the way of the dodo.

18. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 06:24 Ledge

Gas Bandit wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 23:51:
I'm still agog that they didn't include optional bots for the MP maps... and that their explanation was "bots were just a cop out for what we really wanted to do!"

Frankly, you could have kept your stupid 4 hour single player campaign and given us the option to have bots fill up the slots on the multiplayer maps.

This.

17. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 06:10 Nighthawk

I'm enjoy it but had a lot of problems setting it up on my PC.
Primary, didn't like my DVD writer, kept skipping while trying to read, had to pull out an older drive from my old PC to install.
Don't like the browser based launch interface...I bought a game, not a webpage.
Then there was the conflict with my flightstick and mouse. Couldn't attack until I unplugged the stick...died 5-6 times on the first bad guy (campaign)

/still can't fly with the stick

16. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 05:06 Bhruic

This is a great example of what a developer can pull off it they, as he says, "set the bar" with the PC. Because this game looks fucking incredible on the PC. The MP gameplay is stellar too. That's not to say that there aren't some things I'd have liked to see improved, but I'm loving playing this.  

15. removed Oct 27, 2011, 02:52 Crazy8970

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 27, 2011, 03:50.

14. Re: uhuh... Oct 27, 2011, 02:46 Luke

Gotta love those button mashing quick time events on PC.

haha good one

13. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 02:31 Dr. D. Schreber

Those XBox users have no frame of reference, though. Sit an XBox CoD player down to the PC version and he'll be amazed at how much more reliable hit detection is. Tell the mass of XBox players that the experience they're getting is below average and they won't understand what you're talking about. The fact that it's a paid service probably helps sell it, too; people tend not to realize that "you get what you pay for" isn't universal unless the rip-off is obvious.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

12. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 01:45 Animals for Crackers

Compared to most any other console FPS, the MP feature set in BF3 is pretty PC like in execution and function. Server browser? Dedicated servers? Check and check.

Scaled back from the PC version in many ways but in comparison to everything else on consoles it's really very well done. It's a sad indicator of where console MP matchmaking/infrastructure is at when shit like this is seen as throwing people a bone, when it really should be the default state of things (Live especially has no excuse, very often games on Sony's free network end up trumping the usual laggy, peer-to-peer ragefests that Xbox users pay to endure and masochistically inconvenience themselves with).

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 01:58.

11. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 01:34 LittleMe

Well, they kicked ass on the PC version too. I can't think of a game out that's got better tech, better graphics or audio. Huge game and even at full price it's a steal for anyone who enjoys MP FPS. My new fav game. I hope they open up the modding!  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

10. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 00:49 shihonage

I spent hours trying to get my legally bought copy of BF3 to run, trying different browsers, reinstalling plugins, repair/update install (btw neither function does anything - the EA coders should be fired), then I gave up and used a crack. Of course, this disables my ability to play multiplayer, which was part of what I PAID FOR.

Thanks, DRM!

BF3's biggest benefit for the console is that it doesn't have a thingie that launches a browser with a stupid plugin that then directs you to buy the game again instead of launching it, fixing it, or updating it.

Also, BF3 tried to blow up my monitor by setting its refresh rate to 11439992 or so. And the single-player campaign shows they learned nothing from observing the failures of Homefront. They took all those failures and made them even worse.

Great work all around.

9. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 00:48 Ventura

I don't know if I'd call a GTX460 "lowly". Its like a year old? (I have one too in my laptop, a year old model. Asus G53JW-A1)

Yeah I must admit, I don't think it's entirely fair. What I mean though, is that it's a credit to the team that I'm able to run their latest and greatest at 1920x1080 using what's pretty much a midrange previous-gen nVidia card, and it still looks pretty good.

I'd have much preferred that too. Campaigns have next to zero replayability for me, but I could play against bots forever

8. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 23:56 Creston

*smiles at id.*

Creston

7. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 23:51 Gas Bandit

6. Re: uhuh... Oct 26, 2011, 23:39 Sepharo

Shataan wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 22:54:
So after we pushed the limit of tech on the consoles, we consolized the PC version of BF 3. Well, at least the sp PC campaign. Gotta love those button mashing quick time events on PC.

Before consoles there were no BF campaigns... So the SP cannot become consolized.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo