Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released

Artifacts of Power is now available on Steam, offering the promised first DLC for Orcs Must Die!, Robot Entertainment's action/strategy game. Here's word on the pack, which is on sale for 20% off over the next week:

Expand your Orcs Must Die! arsenal with two new weapons and two new traps. With the Artifacts of Power in your spellbook, you’ll be demolishing levels, beating your friends on the leaderboards, and most importantly, killing a bunch of orcs deader than dead. Only the best tools for the last surviving War Mage!

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 12:17 Elessar

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 09:18:
I'm not going to buy this DLC because its a pretty weak offering even for $3. The game itself is amazing though and the fact that a mediocre game like Dungeon Defenders is outselling is a crime.
Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed to see Robot Ent nickel and dime like this. It's a really good game, I'm surprised they're going this route. Especially since the game is $15 and is relatively short, adding a couple weaps/traps certainly was in the realm of being put in the initial release. Here's to hoping they have some substantial DLC down the road that introduces some new gameplay elements and/or maps.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 10:16 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 09:18:
I never realized what weird combos people hold over until I read some other thread on here where someone was complaining they couldn't bind walk forward to a mouse button. I thought OMD had perfectly normal binds but devs need to remember always allow user customizable binds, if not for the weirdos then for potentially disabled players or etc.

I'm not going to buy this DLC because its a pretty weak offering even for $3. The game itself is amazing though and the fact that a mediocre game like Dungeon Defenders is outselling is a crime.

Dungeon Defenders isn't bad at all. I own both games. OMD is clearly better in many ways BUT it lacks multiplayer. This is most likely why it is outselling OMD. Oh, and DD already had a following from its mobile version.

EDIT: I should say that I didn't like DD very much, but a friend forced me to play with him for a while and it grew on me pretty quick.

8. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 09:18 Verno

I never realized what weird combos people hold over until I read some other thread on here where someone was complaining they couldn't bind walk forward to a mouse button. I thought OMD had perfectly normal binds but devs need to remember always allow user customizable binds, if not for the weirdos then for potentially disabled players or etc.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

7. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 06:30 coldcut

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 22:28:
Is this the patch where you can *gasp* remap the keys?

Idiots.
Yes, it actually is (see Steam forum posting). If there is any need to change the keys ... I'm fine with WASD and 1-n.

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 06:13 Fibrocyte

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 19:07:
A bit disappointed that there are no new stages in this pack.

Agreed. I'm... not buying DLC that doesn't include more maps.

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 06:12 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 23:45:
Dungeon Defenders lets you remap the keys... And its been that way since release

Trendynet disconnects you every 5 minutes... And its been that way since release

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 04:54 Prez

Played the game for a couple of hours last night, and it is a blast. Very well-made game with lots of charm.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 25, 2011, 23:45 Dev

Dungeon Defenders lets you remap the keys... And its been that way since release  

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 25, 2011, 22:28 JohnBirshire

Is this the patch where you can *gasp* remap the keys?

Idiots.

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 25, 2011, 19:07 Kythlyn

A bit disappointed that there are no new stages in this pack.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo