Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New NVIDIA Drivers

GeForce.com has the release of new WHQL-certified version 285.62 GeForce reference drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards. These include a couple of couple of bug-fixes, several new SLI and 3D Vision profiles, and a lengthy list of performance improvements over the last WHQL GeForce drivers. Here's an overview outlining improvements for RAGE, Battlefield 3, and the upcoming Windows PC edition of Batman: Arkham City:

For Battlefield 3 we’ve improved performance by up to 11% since the release of the GeForce 285.38 beta drivers, have included several compatibility enhancements, a new and improved SLI profile, and a 3D Vision profile. Similarly, Rage has received enhancements since the release of the same drivers, and Batman: Arkham City compatibility has been implemented.

As mentioned, updates contained within the earlier beta drivers have been carried over, such as the many performance improvements made to games --between the release of the 280.26 WHQL drivers and today’s 285.62 WHQL drivers-- when running on our entire range of 500-Series graphics cards.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:21 Matshock

OK, disabling DEP got the CP back up and running. Microsoft security software shutting down a MS-certified driver CP; I am outraged OUTRAGED!

...or I should be but dumbass has been the new smart for so long now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:09 Creston

What? Crashes on Nvidia drivers? Well, I never!

Where's the Nvidia fanboy who keeps bleating that ATI is shit and Nvidia never has any issues?

Creston

14. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 16:54 Mashiki Amiketo

0 bytes wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 16:44:
I haven't really played any games outside of a few minutes, but they appear to be working fine for me. Do you guys do something in particular in FF when it crashes? Like watching Flash video? I don't think I have ever had FF crash due to a video driver. Win7, GTX570
Nope. The driver itself will restart even if the browser is open and idle with a blank start page up with 0 html in it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 16:44 Killswitch

I haven't really played any games outside of a few minutes, but they appear to be working fine for me. Do you guys do something in particular in FF when it crashes? Like watching Flash video? I don't think I have ever had FF crash due to a video driver. Win7, GTX570  

12. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 15:50 Matshock

Windows DEP (should be called DERP) keeps shutting down NV Control Panel with these drivers- same thing with the 285 betas.

So I can't play BF3 without them, I can't overclock with them. I just switched from AMD to avoid this kind of BS.

Maybe I should go out on a limb and turn off DERP?

11. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 14:35 Mashiki Amiketo

Zyrxil wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:45:
Was with with Firefox? Firefox randomly crashes my display driver if I have hardware acceleration on in the Firefox options.
Considering it's been going on for the last 2-3 driver releases plus betas? Who knows. I'll just wait on it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 14:02 Tim Collins

I was/am having that intermittent driver crash, luckily the end result/impact was a non-issue when it happens the screen flashes then reloads the driver, notifies u at the bottom. If AMD had this issue it'd prolly crash yer computer with a BSOD  

9. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 13:52 Ecthelion

I think we might be talking about two different things... the crashing I was getting was only with the beta 285.38 drivers, and that thread is talking about the 280.26 ones.

I'm not sure if it was caused by Firefox or not. I haven't noticed any more crashing since rolling back to 280.26 about a week ago.

8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 13:04 PHJF

Does this or doesn't this fix firefox?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 11:29 Bludd

I don't use HW accel in Firefox so I haven't experienced this problem, but it sounds like a bitch.  

6. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 11:16 eRe4s3r

Also always a giggle.. this is the first time i ever saw nvidia.com return

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +150

When downloading drivers. Man, BF3 and Arkham City players are swamping the servers or what ;p

5. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 11:01 SpringLoaded

The nvidia driver that has been causing display resets is quite well known and there's a lengthy thread on the nvidia forums about it:

http://goo.gl/atOkJ

4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 10:57 eRe4s3r

Same here  

3. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 10:45 Zyrxil

Was with with Firefox? Firefox randomly crashes my display driver if I have hardware acceleration on in the Firefox options.  

2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 10:38 Ecthelion

I rolled back to 280.26 after the beta drivers kept crashing on me. The system recovered quickly, but it was annoying to keep losing video when they crashed (it seemed to happen only when I wasn't playing a game, strangely enough). Hopefully that won't happen with 285.62.  

1. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 10:24 CeeJay

You mean the upcoming Batman: Arkham City, Not Batman: Arkham Asylum - That was the previous game  
I'm the developer of SweetFX

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo