Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Reviews

With Battlefield 3 due in North American stores tomorrow, reviews for DICE's military shooter sequel are starting to appear. Computer and Video Games quotes DICE's Patrick Bach saying: "It's always hard when you start a project to set the targets for quality, but that's kind of the only target you can set. That's a Metascore." So far, so good on that front, as the game's Metacritic score currently stands at 93. There are evaluations of the game on 1UP, AusGamers, BigPond GameArena, Computer and Video Games, GameInformer, Gamereactor Sverige (in Swedish), GameSpy, GameStar.de (in German), GameTrailers, IGN, and Joystiq.

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 12:22 ASeven

Techie714 wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 12:20:
O..M..G! A 5GB PATCH??? That has to be the biggest patch ever..LOL!! If that is true.

Yeah, it's a rumor I heard though, so treat it as it is, a rumor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 12:20 Techie714

ASeven wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 12:03:
Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:21:
What bugs ASeven? Dice spent the past month basically replying that the vast majority of beta stuff was fixed already so that's disappointing if true.

Well, the graphic clippings, being able to go below ground, all is still there, in the review copies. Like SpaceCaptain said though, there is supposed to be a huge (I heard it was 5GBs) day-1 patch to fix a lot of stuff.

O..M..G! A 5GB PATCH??? That has to be the biggest patch ever..LOL!! If that is true.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 12:06 Verno

I just checked on other forums, the game itself is only 11GB so that's pretty impressive.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 12:03 ASeven

What bugs ASeven? Dice spent the past month basically replying that the vast majority of beta stuff was fixed already so that's disappointing if true.

Well, the graphic clippings, being able to go below ground, all is still there, in the review copies. Like SpaceCaptain said though, there is supposed to be a huge (I heard it was 5GBs) day-1 patch to fix a lot of stuff.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 11:48 Teddy

JayDeath wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:30:
I'm disappointed about the shitty single player reviews. I guess I'm one of the few who was really looking forward to a stellar campaign. Oh well, the mp reviews are positive across the board so far. I can't imagine the gameplay being better than BC2 but we'll see.

Eh, I'll be judging for myself. Frankly, most of these reviewers gave Black Ops a virtual blowjob over it's single player which I thought was one of the most boring SP shooters I've ever encountered. Then they complain that BF3's single player is too similar to Black Ops and call it trite and boring.

Apparently for reviewers it's fine to give CoD extra points for being 'cinematic' while taking away points from the competition for being 'too linear'. Just makes me shake my head at game reviewers in general.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 11:27 space captain

there is a massive day one patch, and this isnt day one

Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 11:17 eRe4s3r

In Europe unlock date is the 26th... bleh  

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 11:07 Creston

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:39:
Have fun with this, Im burned out by modern warfare shooters waaay to much to give this a whirl...

Yeah, Modern Warfare is rapidly going the way of World War II where that's concerned.

Creston

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:56 Bucky

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough.  

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:48 wrigleyvillain

I can't imagine the gameplay being better than BC2 but we'll see.

Then you're pretty unimaginative and apparently also didn't play the beta?

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 InBlack

Have fun with this, Im burned out by modern warfare shooters waaay to much to give this a whirl...  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 LittleMe

I'm disappointed about the shitty single player reviews.

I'm not. Gives me hope that it's a great Battlefield game in true multiplayer fashion. Fuck single player.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:31 Linksil

Maybe they put out the beta release for reviewers since we got the broken demo?

God another game told through flashbacks, I am getting tired of this.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:30 JayDeath

I'm disappointed about the shitty single player reviews. I guess I'm one of the few who was really looking forward to a stellar campaign. Oh well, the mp reviews are positive across the board so far. I can't imagine the gameplay being better than BC2 but we'll see.

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:21 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:18 ASeven

Hmm, seems that everyone's unanimous in saying the single player rather sucks and that the multiplayer is where the fun's at. However it's distressing to read about many of the beta bugs still present at release.  

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo