Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2011, 11:48 JohnBirshire

My favorite part is when you're in cover behind a window, go to peek out and there's a friendly AI in cover on the opposite side of your window, staring at you with his back to the enemy. You shoot him in the face because he's a danger to yourself and your team, and he doesn't flinch while the game shouts "Hey, that's a friendly!" No, that's an idiot. There's a difference.

I lol'ed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Oct 23, 2011, 00:19 Teddy

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 23:05:
CONS: Single-player campaigns afflicted with terrible AI;
Has a very steep learning curve for new players.

Two huge impediments to my ability to enjoy a game unfortunately.

"Campaign" is a stretch anyways. Think BF2 single player. It's the MP levels with bots and voice-over intros for stories.

The enemy AI actually really isn't that bad, the friendly AI is the real problem, consistently getting in your way while they all make a B line to whatever window/door/corner you happen to be looking out from so that they can stand in your way.

My favorite part is when you're in cover behind a window, go to peek out and there's a friendly AI in cover on the opposite side of your window, staring at you with his back to the enemy. You shoot him in the face because he's a danger to yourself and your team, and he doesn't flinch while the game shouts "Hey, that's a friendly!" No, that's an idiot. There's a difference.

The MP can be fun, and very atmospheric, but this is a title I should have waited 6 months on before buying.

1. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Oct 22, 2011, 23:05 Prez

CONS: Single-player campaigns afflicted with terrible AI;
Has a very steep learning curve for new players.

Two huge impediments to my ability to enjoy a game unfortunately.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo