Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced

The World of Warcraft Website reveals the Mists of Pandaria, a new expansion for World of Warcraft introducing a new continent, a new neutral race, and a playable monk class to the MMORPG. The Mists of Pandaria Website is online, here's a Mists of Pandaria Preview Trailer and here's a bit from the announcement:

In the upcoming expansion, players will be able to explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria, which has remained hidden from the world since the sundering of Azeroth over ten thousand years ago. In the aftermath of the Cataclysm played out in World of Warcraft’s third expansion, Pandaria’s heroes are emerging from their land’s lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains to choose sides in the escalating war between the Alliance and the Horde and to share the extraordinary secrets of their ancient martial arts. As tensions between the factions near a breaking point following the discovery of this new world, players will be called upon to explore Pandaria’s exotic expanses, make contact with its strange indigenous creatures, and unlock the world-changing secrets that have been hiding in the mists for millennia.

New features coming in the game’s fourth expansion include:

• New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
  • New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
  • Level Cap Increased to 90:Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
  • New Zones:Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
  • Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
  • Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
  • Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
  • New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

24. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 22:37 entr0py

EddieTheHack wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:20:
Its kung fu panda but without jack black.... WOW died after BC. This just stinks of Activision sucking as much money from the basement trolls as they possibly can. Thanks for the memories blizzard. It sure was fun back in the day. Titan had better be something special.

That's funny when I first saw the previews for Kung Fu Panda I thought "Oh cool Blizzard has finally done a movie. . . and it's all about Pandarens? WTF?".

Seriously, go back and play the Warcraft 3 expansion, you owe it to yourself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 22:34 Teddy

beigemore wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 21:59:
Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:38:
Wrath? Sorry, the glory days ended with BC. The last time there was hardcore raid content, raid keys, and a sense of accomplishment. Wrath was the beginning of the "Any dumb shmuck can smash buttons and DPS for free purps" era.

Side Note: I can't believe I actually agree with Cutter for once. I must be getting old.

You just walked all over heroic Lich King and Mimiron, right?

Of course not. Only 1 out of every million people that complains about how 'easy' everything has gotten actually completed any of the difficult fights. They just come up with excuses as to why those fights didn't matter.

I'd put money down he didn't touch a single hard mode at all, at least not until it's 2 tiers out of date.

22. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 22:28 Dades

bondo wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:23:
And this is when WOW "Jumped the Shark"

I had to double check if it was April Fools again already.

21. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 22:01 Cutter

dheer wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:31:
Instead of going somewhere interesting like Argus to fight Sargeras or something, we get a pretty land of happy panda care bears. Yay.

After how disappointing Cata was, I was waiting for them to redeem themselves with the next expansion. How foolish of me. The glory days of BC and early Wrath are truly gone.

Wrath? Sorry, the glory days ended with BC. The last time there was hardcore raid content, raid keys, and a sense of accomplishment. Wrath was the beginning of the "Any dumb shmuck can smash buttons and DPS for free purps" era.

Side Note: I can't believe I actually agree with Cutter for once. I must be getting old.

Older and wiser.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:59 beigemore

You just walked all over heroic Lich King and Mimiron, right?

19. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:20 EddieTheHack

Its kung fu panda but without jack black.... WOW died after BC. This just stinks of Activision sucking as much money from the basement trolls as they possibly can. Thanks for the memories blizzard. It sure was fun back in the day. Titan had better be something special.  

18. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 21:12 Alamar

Finally.. I feel vindicated... I used to joke back in 'the day' that all that agi cloth was for the monk coming 'next expansion'.

Good times : )

-Alamar

17. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:38 Trevellian

dheer wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:31:
Instead of going somewhere interesting like Argus to fight Sargeras or something, we get a pretty land of happy panda care bears. Yay.

After how disappointing Cata was, I was waiting for them to redeem themselves with the next expansion. How foolish of me. The glory days of BC and early Wrath are truly gone.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

16. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:31 dheer

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

15. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:31 Cutter

Yeah, this is a few years too late. I would have loved to play a pandaren monk years ago though.

Edit: Wow that was a crappy trailer. And WoW is *really* looking dated now. I guess all the real effort is focused on Titan.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2011, 20:38.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:28 RollinThundr

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:00:
After Cataclysm and most of the Diablo 3 announcements. I really had only a little bit of respect left for Blizzard. Today they flushed the rest of it down the toilet. It's obvious all their real talent that designed the original WoW moved on to do better things when Activision took over.

Been saying this for years. Nice to see other people finally starting to wake up that Blizzard really is one of the most over rated dev houses in the entire industry.

13. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:23 bondo

And this is when WOW "Jumped the Shark"  

12. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:04 Beelzebud

I love this because it proves to me that my addiction to WoW really is over. I have not one shred of interest in playing this. In fact, it sounds down right cheesy.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:03 Agent.X7

Funny how everyone knew this was the new expansion months ago. Blizzard's weak denials simply confirmed it. Now they act like it's a big surprise.

I don't know. I'll probably get it, level through the content, and quit again. I like some of the cool stuff you get to do when leveling, but once you max out, the grind is more like a job than a game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 20:00 Trevellian

After Cataclysm and most of the Diablo 3 announcements. I really had only a little bit of respect left for Blizzard. Today they flushed the rest of it down the toilet. It's obvious all their real talent that designed the original WoW moved on to do better things when Activision took over.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

9. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 19:53 Krovven

Jonny wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:42:
Worth a month's sub to see if it's fun.

But is it worth $60 + $15 for a months sub for the expansion, just to see if it's fun?

I'll most likely skip this expansion, as I haven't played since February of this year and haven't had any desire to go back. Too many other fun games to play, that simply don't get looked at if I'm into WoW.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 19:42 Jonny

Worth a month's sub to see if it's fun. Some of the new ideas seem like they could work and others are reversing the shit bits of Cataclysm. I like the asian look and as for Pandas... hell, when you're playing a game with orcs, elves, trolls, minotaurs, gnomes, dwarves, goblins, zombies and emo werewolves in Pandamen aren't going to do any more appreciable damage to it's credibility.

Warcraft's story ended with Arthas. Everything now is just pissing about anyway, might as well make it bright and fun to do.

7. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 19:14 Shok

uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.

/snark Lemme guess, the wandering isle will house the few dozen daily quests you wander around and do? /snark

I bought the cata expansion, not gonna make that mistake again...

6. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 18:53 Darks

Designed to try and suck you back in and keep you there. If I was still playing this I might have considered it, but not even a free copy of D3 can suck me in.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 18:47 Tanto Edge

Fuck your classes, fuck your levels, fuck your 'monster variety' and fuck your immersive worlds.

Fuck your 'talent' systems, fuck your 'skill trees', fuck your playable races, and fuck your level caps.
Fuck your zones, fuck your 'scenarios' and especially fuck your pet battles.

This shit is always described just to make sure you're an MMO, like it were a fucking checklist. Up your ass Trion, and every hack who thinks he's playing an rpg.

I want UO, unfucked.
I want EA sunk to the bottom of the sea, and I want Richard back in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo