Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced

The World of Warcraft Website reveals the Mists of Pandaria, a new expansion for World of Warcraft introducing a new continent, a new neutral race, and a playable monk class to the MMORPG. The Mists of Pandaria Website is online, here's a Mists of Pandaria Preview Trailer and here's a bit from the announcement:

In the upcoming expansion, players will be able to explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria, which has remained hidden from the world since the sundering of Azeroth over ten thousand years ago. In the aftermath of the Cataclysm played out in World of Warcraft’s third expansion, Pandaria’s heroes are emerging from their land’s lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains to choose sides in the escalating war between the Alliance and the Horde and to share the extraordinary secrets of their ancient martial arts. As tensions between the factions near a breaking point following the discovery of this new world, players will be called upon to explore Pandaria’s exotic expanses, make contact with its strange indigenous creatures, and unlock the world-changing secrets that have been hiding in the mists for millennia.

New features coming in the game’s fourth expansion include:

• New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
  • New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
  • Level Cap Increased to 90:Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
  • New Zones:Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
  • Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
  • Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
  • Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
  • New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

44. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 11:02 space captain

Moog wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 05:03:
Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon pets - think I'll pass!

WTF is this expansion aimed at - pre-teens?!?!

right, whereas the standard WoW game is much more mature and sophisticated

Rolleyes

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 10:55 Fion

This was an april fools joke for christ sakes! You know they are bleeding subscribers and just not telling anyone because now they are making panda kungfu people and offering Diablo 3 free to if you buy a years subscription?

No doubt this 'expansion' will be pushed out the door at the earliest possible time (to make Xmas if possible, as they are going to lose millions more people with The Old Republic) because it seems Activision/Blizzard has indeed jumped the shark.

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 18:31:

Everyone on the Titanic, kids! Come along!

Indeed.

42. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 10:20 Umbragen

I'm going to presume Dreamworks' lawyers are a good bit sharper than the dim bulbs ZeniMax, they may actually succeed in suing Blizzivision, they may even do it without alienating their customer base.  

41. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 09:50 OldTimber

Mental picture time, if you know on south park when Randy or the parents do something stupid, Stan will just stand there squinting his eyes and holds the bridge of his nose in disgust? I did that when I first saw this come across. Challenge mode? Sounds like the timelimit that Global Agenda has on their instances. New talent system, yeah those scaled back trees from Cata are really horrible and hard to decide on. Seriously next expansion or some major update before the next expansion it'll be click button 1 to tank, button 2 to heal, button 3 to dps on your class. Or at character creation click which button you want to be. Level cap to 90 wow another 5 tacked on with new spells and abilities renamed, reworded and tweaked from some other class to be "new" to another class.
New zones that you'll only level in for a day or so then back to the same old instance grind so they'll never be used again.
And lemme guess not listed but all the tradeskills will get incredible new upgrades!!!

Played vanilla to bc + 6 months then quit to until wrath. Played all wrath to cata then canceled a month after. No way am I touching this pile again.

40. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:31 Fibrocyte

Looks good to me.  

39. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:17 Muscular Beaver

Jonny wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 05:05:
Krovven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:53:
Jonny wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:42:
Worth a month's sub to see if it's fun.

But is it worth $60 + $15 for a months sub for the expansion, just to see if it's fun?

Probably. I tend to get around 3 months of entertainment from a WoW expansion before running out of things to do and quitting til the next one. This seems to have a lot more endgame stuff to do for those casuals that MMO players hate so much, so I'm likely to get at least that from it. Unless it's abysmal on a scale greater than Cataclysm, of course.

Yeah that was the case with BC and WotLK. Cata only lasted a month for me.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

38. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:16 Muscular Beaver

Moog wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 05:03:

Duh. That and Chinese.

- Mojo Jojo

37. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:05 Jonny

Krovven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:53:
Jonny wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:42:
Worth a month's sub to see if it's fun.

But is it worth $60 + $15 for a months sub for the expansion, just to see if it's fun?

Probably. I tend to get around 3 months of entertainment from a WoW expansion before running out of things to do and quitting til the next one. This seems to have a lot more endgame stuff to do for those casuals that MMO players hate so much, so I'm likely to get at least that from it. Unless it's abysmal on a scale greater than Cataclysm, of course.

36. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:03 Moog

35. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 04:56 Nucas

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 23:53:
I agree. Mimiron hard mode (Firefighter) was my favorite raid boss ever, and listening to it get explained to a new person and then their shock/dead silence on vent afterwards was priceless.

i had to read about what that boss fight entailed specifically to get this. that's awesome

34. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 03:56 Muscular Beaver

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:00:
After Cataclysm and most of the Diablo 3 announcements. I really had only a little bit of respect left for Blizzard. Today they flushed the rest of it down the toilet. It's obvious all their real talent that designed the original WoW moved on to do better things when Activision took over.

Many people thought the same way, and Blizzard knows that. Their declining subscriptions is, as I said before, much worse than they officially claim. So they have to find a new customer base. With a theme of pandas and pokemon, you know very well which customers they focus on now.

- Mojo Jojo

33. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 02:44 lvitriol

Blizzard's mmo Titan must be coming out sooner than announced, why else would they kill off their WoW like this.  

more sp.

32. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 02:05 Razumen

Mark my words, this will sell like steam buns in China, they ADORE pandas.  

31. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 01:24 Esoteric

bondo wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:23:
And this is when WOW "Jumped the Shark"

30. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 01:23 Steele Johnson

I won't play without a major graphics *fart - scratch - burp* update. Fuck THEM!  

29. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 00:56 briktal

Shok wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 19:14:
uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.

/snark Lemme guess, the wandering isle will house the few dozen daily quests you wander around and do? /snark

I bought the cata expansion, not gonna make that mistake again...

Actually it's a giant turtle. It's the Pandaren starting zone.

Also, does WoW really need pokemon?

28. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 23:53 nin

Yes Wrath. Specifically early Wrath. Ulduar was the highlight of the expansion. The Argent tournament was a steaming pile of shit but ICC was fun, even if it wasn't as good as Ulduar.

I agree. Mimiron hard mode (Firefighter) was my favorite raid boss ever, and listening to it get explained to a new person and then their shock/dead silence on vent afterwards was priceless.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 23:32 dheer

Drezden wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:38:
dheer wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:31:
Instead of going somewhere interesting like Argus to fight Sargeras or something, we get a pretty land of happy panda care bears. Yay.

After how disappointing Cata was, I was waiting for them to redeem themselves with the next expansion. How foolish of me. The glory days of BC and early Wrath are truly gone.

Wrath? Sorry, the glory days ended with BC. The last time there was hardcore raid content, raid keys, and a sense of accomplishment. Wrath was the beginning of the "Any dumb shmuck can smash buttons and DPS for free purps" era.

Side Note: I can't believe I actually agree with Cutter for once. I must be getting old.
Yes Wrath. Specifically early Wrath. Ulduar was the highlight of the expansion. The Argent tournament was a steaming pile of shit but ICC was fun, even if it wasn't as good as Ulduar.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

26. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 23:13 eRe4s3r

Not to mention that a neutral race is gonna be a nightmare on PVP servers, being neutral means being hostile to everyone ;p  

25. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 22:40 Warskull

Tanto Edge wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 18:47:
I want Richard back in action.

Did you not see the last game he put out? Tabula Rasa wasn't exactly successful and I've never heard it described as good. UO was more a testament to the talent at Origin Systems.

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo