Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week

Robot Entertainment announces Artifacts of Power, the first DLC for Orcs Must Die!, their just-released action/strategy hybrid. They say this will be released on Tuesday via Steam, and is the first of two planned DLC packs, a topic they remained tightlipped about as recently as ten days ago. Here are the items the $2.49 pack adds:

• Vampiric Gauntlets – Armed with these grim gauntlets, you can drain the enemy’s health while healing you at the same time. If you have a desperate need to use spells, you can also use the gauntlets to drain your health in exchange for mana.
  • Alchemist’s Satchel – Toss a series of deadly acid bombs that explode on your command to melt flesh from the bones of multiple groups of orcs at once.
  • The Shock Zapper – Mount the Shock Zapper on the ceiling and zap fliers and ground units equally dead with this oversized pest remover.
  • Floor Scorcher – By the time they see the fire, it will be too late. Burn entire groups of complacent enemies with this pop-up flaming surprise.
  • New Trap Upgrades – You’ve got two new reasons to go back and earn those 5-skull ratings on War Mage and Nightmare levels. With the Artifacts of Power Pack, you can now spend skulls on new upgrades for Shock Zapper and Floor Scorcher.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 12:23 Verno

Tumbler wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:45:
Oh nice, that $15 price tag doesn't seem so bad now maybe I'll pick this up! ...wait, they want you to pay an additional $2.50?

LOL. Lemme just go check what i can get from Redbox. $2 gets me 2 days (today and tommorrow) with Resistance...Dark Souls (already have this one), NBA 2K12, Assault Horizon and many other games. In what world does this game deserve $15 when I'm probably going to beat it in one day and then you pay another $2.50 for additional content?!

Paying $15 should have prepaid for about 5 dlc packs with this game.

What I don't understand is why you can't just get your rentals and be happy about it, you have to come here preaching about these sites every single day like some spambot, its pathetic. It's like opening my front door to a jehovahs witness on the weekend.

If you have to sell it door to door then I ain't buyin. It doesn't take a genius to see that $2 AAA videogames is something that cannot possibly last either.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 12:19 Paketep

Bah. Between this, and Age of Empireville Online, it looks like the worst from Ensemble did go to Robot.

Where did the rest go?. I know that Greg Street is at Blizzard (talent wasted with B.Net) and that Sandy teaches Game Design, but I don't know about the rest.

Oh, Bruce Shelley also helped with Settlers. Why do the best always end up in shitty companies like Ubi and Zynga?. The ICC should look at this.

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 12:15 Sempai

Tumbler wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:45:
Oh nice, that $15 price tag doesn't seem so bad now maybe I'll pick this up! ...wait, they want you to pay an additional $2.50?

LOL. Lemme just go check what i can get from Redbox. $2 gets me 2 days (today and tommorrow) with Resistance...Dark Souls (already have this one), NBA 2K12, Assault Horizon and many other games. In what world does this game deserve $15 when I'm probably going to beat it in one day and then you pay another $2.50 for additional content?!

Cmon man, I hate ripoff DLC's also but not only do you get alot of content in the original for $15 bucks but $2.50 for a few items and upgrades isn't much to ask from these guys.

They put out a solid game for cheap, and the dlc content isn't too bad, I'll bite and support them, and more important, have fun doing it.

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 11:58 Beamer

Some of us would prefer more money go to developers.
I'll never do Redbox. It's good for me but bad for the industry. I make enough money and value my gaming enough to put my money in creative pockets.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 11:54 nin

I'm sorry, was your post a comment or a commercial?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 11:45 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo