Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January

The BioWare Social Network shares details on a playable demo for Mass Effect 3 expected in January 2012 to offer samples of single-player and multiplayer play in BioWare's action/RPG sequel to owners of an online pass for Battlefield 3 (thanks GameSpot). They also announce that over the next couple of months they will reveal a way to get access to this demo with no purchase required:

Hello everyone! It's going to be a Happy New Year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. This demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what's to come on March 6, 2012. Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access. But rallying for war is just getting started - in late November / early December, BioWare will announce other ways for fans to engage the enemy with their friends online from day one!

What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?

• The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
  • The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
  • The demo will be released in all regions where the game is

How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?

• Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
  • This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
  • The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
  • There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) this will also be announced in late November or early December.
  • There will also be a tool posted on www.masseffect.com allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
  • The length of the early access period is TBA.
  • The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 22, 2011, 18:20 swaaye

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:39:
The ghost of Blue Hair told me that EA would anally defile me if I gave in to its silky smooth temptations.

If you install Origins, and listen very carefully, you can hear Spirit and Angel screaming in agony.
The truth. Unfortunately most of today's kiddies have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 22, 2011, 11:28 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 03:27:
They won't even bother announcing that, as that was already the case with ME2.

Not completely accurate. Only the DLC required internet access. You could play the core game without it.

True, but Cerberus network was integrated in such a way that you tended to log in to it anyway.

At least their always-on DRM gave you a few perks, such as the firewalker missions.

And then their authentication server turned retarded and never allowed you to login automatically anymore, forcing you to always manually login. Something which they never fixed, despite tons of people complaining about it on their tech support forum.

Ah EA. Your levels of sucktitude truly know no boundaries.

Creston

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 22, 2011, 03:27 Jerykk

Not completely accurate. Only the DLC required internet access. You could play the core game without it.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 20:38 Creston

necrosis wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:45:
I am just waiting for the announcement that ME3 single player will require internet access either full time or at least at the launch of the game as I have zero interest in the online part.

ME3 is likely the last game I'll ever buy from Bioware/EA.

Creston

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 20:20 VoodooV

ZeroCougar wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:13:
I dunno, I'm slightly more worried there trying to attract the Battlefield crowd into what is a sci-fi rpg game. Now some people do play FPS's and RPG's like myself and love both, but I have got to be in the minority on that. I don't have facts to back me up but it seems to me that people who play Battlefield will not be likely to buy into an SCI-Fi rpg.

I do see it as an attempt to lure more people into this Origin deal. It smells bad to me. Nothing about whats going on at EA seems like the best idea ever.

Are they still pretending that ME3 is still an RPG?

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 15:06 DeathMan20

meezookeewee wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:19:
For me, there's no point in having a demo as I'm gonna end up buying the game on day 1, so this news doesn't really affect me.

Ditto, though its sad that they don't give the pre-orders access to it. Personally I don't care, though would be cool. I want the game!

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 14:53 Pineapple Ferguson

If Bioware continues to follow their current trend, this will actually somehow be the worst game they've ever made. No really, it's gonna suck. Don't be retards and preorder this shit. You're just encouraging them to keep screwing you.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 13:56 entr0py

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:04:
Pointless, the demo will be leaked to the net minutes after it's available. EA certainly is going all in on this online pass crap though.

It doesn't need to be leaked, as mentioned in the article "The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch."

But the multiplayer bit will be locked down to account privileges, like a beta, just getting the client won't get you in.

I do think it's super lame when companies use pay for beta schemes, and pay for demo schemes are even worse. . . Actually, I don't know why they don't just call this a beta. I see no difference between this and the battlefield 3 early access beta (which turned out to be exactly 48 hours).

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:39 Burrito of Peace

The ghost of Blue Hair told me that EA would anally defile me if I gave in to its silky smooth temptations.

If you install Origins, and listen very carefully, you can hear Spirit and Angel screaming in agony.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:14 Paketep

No, EA, no. I'm not installing Origin.

Stop calling already!.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:13 ZeroCougar

I dunno, I'm slightly more worried there trying to attract the Battlefield crowd into what is a sci-fi rpg game. Now some people do play FPS's and RPG's like myself and love both, but I have got to be in the minority on that. I don't have facts to back me up but it seems to me that people who play Battlefield will not be likely to buy into an SCI-Fi rpg.

I do see it as an attempt to lure more people into this Origin deal. It smells bad to me. Nothing about whats going on at EA seems like the best idea ever.

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 12:07 Tumbler

Meh, doesn't make buying BF3 look any better than it did before. ME3 was a pre-order for me until recently. That MP mode announcement was the deal breaker for me. I've been a little concerned about the game being the open world style system we've seen in the past. I don't understand how they're going to do that when you start out with the earth being attacked... It seems more likely that ME3 is going to turn into a very narrow storyline that has you following a path rather than exploring a galaxy. I have no idea what they are really doing behind the scenes but I don't want to buy it at launch because of this concern. ME3 isn't the type of game I even want a demo for, give me the full game. I don't want to play part of it then stop and wait for a few weeks.

If they'd attached the MP side of the game to BF3 that might be interesting if they'd show some gameplay that looked fun. Heck ship the full MP game a month early and make it all downloadable for people with this code.

Everything I see coming from EA is off the mark. They could combine products like this in a way consumers would like but they can't seem to every connect the dots and do something that makes your product look like a stronger purchase. EA is acting like their shit doesn't stink and they don't have to make any effort to entice customers. As a longtime BF player I find myself speechless a week before BF3 comes out. Not buying that and I still can't believe I'm saying that. How do you screw that up when you've made so many BF games up to now? WTF.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 11:45 necrosis

I have already basically written off ME3 because of Origin and their sandy vag when it comes to Steam..

I am just waiting for the announcement that ME3 single player will require internet access either full time or at least at the launch of the game as I have zero interest in the online part.

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 11:19 meezookeewee

For me, there's no point in having a demo as I'm gonna end up buying the game on day 1, so this news doesn't really affect me.  

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 11:04 Verno

Pointless, the demo will be leaked to the net minutes after it's available. EA certainly is going all in on this online pass crap though.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo