Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs

This Modern Warfare 3 trailer offers a behind-the-scenes look at Strike Packages and their impact on multiplayer play in the military shooter sequel. This page on the Call of Duty Community Website now offers a FAQ and other details on the Windows PC edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (thanks Simon), focusing on what's being added to the PC edition based on feedback from Modern Warfare 2, including dedicated servers, lobby system, matchmaking with a party, matchmaking for public games, Steam Integration, and more. They explain: "In addition, we're supporting PC specific features that give you even more control over your experience like RCON, Custom Game Saving, NoGFX / Audio Card Requirement on DS.exe, Voice Chat, and SSAO." They mention that the game will include LAN support, and discuss a couple of items that may change after launch: It will not ship with mod tools, but that they "are continually evaluating features to support post launch and this is one requiring further discussion," and that the PC edition of Ground War will support a maximum of 18 players, "but it may increase post launch." They also offer minimum PC specs:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X38750 processor or better
Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA®GeForce™ 8600GT / ATI® Radeon™ X1950 or better
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0C or later

View
15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 19:40 Ventura

So, dedicated servers only for unranked. Ranked still uses IWnet.

Well, this one is easy enough. No buy. I believe CoD:BO may have been the last CoD title on the PC to sell in significant numbers.

An amusing comment considering BO was the last CoD title to have been released. The next one isn't out yet.

Were people actually expecting dedicated servers to be ranked? A group of players on a private dedicated ranked server could rank themselves up in next to no time if that was the objective. I'm no serious multiplayer gamer, but I'd have thought protecting the integrity of the ranking system would've been far more important.

Well, looking at Steam charts MW3 is surprisingly low compared to past CoD titles. I think PC gamers are finally getting fed up of the same reskinned game and same shitty treatment from Activision.

Actually, I've pre-ordered on the pc, but Australian Steam prices are a joke, it was over $35 cheaper for me to head down to a local store and pre-order a physical copy there.

Don't know what you mean about shitty treatment, either. Black Ops has been very well supported on the pc, and it's a disk that was packed full of things to do.

Granted, the BF3 trailers look amazing, including their most recent launch trailer. But they've had a slew of disappointing news updates of late, and coming from someone not really into multiplayer as much these days, I'll get far more from MW3's Spec Ops Survival mode than from anything they have.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 21, 11:19 Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Rosco
  2. Oct 21, 11:32  Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Wildone
  4. Oct 21, 12:11   Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs ASeven
  6. Oct 21, 12:12    Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs DarkCntry
  7. Oct 21, 12:17     Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs ASeven
  8. Oct 21, 12:30      Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Verno
  10. Oct 21, 12:38       Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs ASeven
  11. Oct 21, 12:46        Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs PHJF
  9. Oct 21, 12:30      Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Jerykk
>> 15. Oct 21, 19:40    Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Ventura
  12. Oct 21, 12:50  Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Matshock
  13. Oct 21, 13:54   Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Elf Shot The Food
  14. Oct 21, 14:03    Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs DangerDog
  3. Oct 21, 11:57 Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs necrosis
  5. Oct 21, 12:11  Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs DarkCntry
  16. Oct 22, 01:50   Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs eRe4s3r
  17. Oct 22, 07:58    Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Jerykk
  18. Oct 22, 10:18    Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs loomy
  19. Oct 22, 12:50     Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs eRe4s3r

footer

Blue's News logo