Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs

This Modern Warfare 3 trailer offers a behind-the-scenes look at Strike Packages and their impact on multiplayer play in the military shooter sequel. This page on the Call of Duty Community Website now offers a FAQ and other details on the Windows PC edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (thanks Simon), focusing on what's being added to the PC edition based on feedback from Modern Warfare 2, including dedicated servers, lobby system, matchmaking with a party, matchmaking for public games, Steam Integration, and more. They explain: "In addition, we're supporting PC specific features that give you even more control over your experience like RCON, Custom Game Saving, NoGFX / Audio Card Requirement on DS.exe, Voice Chat, and SSAO." They mention that the game will include LAN support, and discuss a couple of items that may change after launch: It will not ship with mod tools, but that they "are continually evaluating features to support post launch and this is one requiring further discussion," and that the PC edition of Ground War will support a maximum of 18 players, "but it may increase post launch." They also offer minimum PC specs:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X38750 processor or better
Memory: 16 GB free hard drive space / 2GB RAM
Video Card: Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB NVIDIA®GeForce™ 8600GT / ATI® Radeon™ X1950 or better
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0C or later

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 22, 2011, 12:50 eRe4s3r

Says the one who doesn't even reasonably explain his own reasoning

But ok I'll bite.. how is it flawed?

1) 2.4ghz cpu's with 2 cores excludes all P4's and below and all Athlon XP's and below as well as plenty of Athlon 64's .
2) 2 core or above means only the Core Duo series from Intel and the Athlon 64 X2 and above from AMD, and an Athlon 64 x2 with above 2.4ghz could run MW3 just fine

So it appears to me, that your reasoning is flawed, which isn't hard since your post contained no logical argument

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 22, 2011, 10:18 loomy

"They could just have said 2.40 GHz with 2 cores, or above!"

no. and heaven help the world if you ever get into science or engineering. your reasoning is flawed.

17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 22, 2011, 07:58 Jerykk

I think it's pretty cool that they are actually providing the dedicated server files and letting players host their own servers. That's a big change from the increasingly popular trend of forcing players to rent servers.

Unfortunately, I still have no interest in yet another CoD game.

16. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 22, 2011, 01:50 eRe4s3r

Then explain why the AMD requirement lists a triple core CPU with 2,4 GHz as minimum required but the Intel one a dual core with 2.4 GHz? They could just have said 2.40 GHz with 2 cores, or above! and be done with it.

^^

15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 19:40 Ventura

So, dedicated servers only for unranked. Ranked still uses IWnet.

Well, this one is easy enough. No buy. I believe CoD:BO may have been the last CoD title on the PC to sell in significant numbers.

An amusing comment considering BO was the last CoD title to have been released. The next one isn't out yet.

Were people actually expecting dedicated servers to be ranked? A group of players on a private dedicated ranked server could rank themselves up in next to no time if that was the objective. I'm no serious multiplayer gamer, but I'd have thought protecting the integrity of the ranking system would've been far more important.

Well, looking at Steam charts MW3 is surprisingly low compared to past CoD titles. I think PC gamers are finally getting fed up of the same reskinned game and same shitty treatment from Activision.

Actually, I've pre-ordered on the pc, but Australian Steam prices are a joke, it was over $35 cheaper for me to head down to a local store and pre-order a physical copy there.

Don't know what you mean about shitty treatment, either. Black Ops has been very well supported on the pc, and it's a disk that was packed full of things to do.

Granted, the BF3 trailers look amazing, including their most recent launch trailer. But they've had a slew of disappointing news updates of late, and coming from someone not really into multiplayer as much these days, I'll get far more from MW3's Spec Ops Survival mode than from anything they have.

14. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 14:03 DangerDog

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 13:54:
You mean there are still people who think Battlefield 3 will outsell MW 3?

It probably will on the PC, having unranked dedicated servers isn't the only problem, on those custom servers people want to crank player numbers to 32 or more when the maps are smaller than a shoebox.

What they should have done is had dedicated servers be ranked only if they're running from a supported game hosting center and only if they abide by setting the game up to what the game was designed for, 18 players max. They should have scrapped IWnet completely.

No great loss, BF3 has team deathmatch in it and for those who don't like vehicles I believe there will be an infantry only mode as well.

BF3 for your modern combat shooter fix, an Skyrim for your sword swinging dungeon crawling fix.

I'm sure MW3 will still sell hundreds of thousands of copies on the PC though, maybe more if people find a way around the ranking system to enable everything to be unlocked on the dedicated servers.

IWnet is a joke, join one game and everything is unlocked, join a different game and you're in some low gravity game with only sniper rifles, join yet another game and have your stats zeroed out and all your unlocks taken away.

@fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
To clarify Unranked Dedicated Servers on PC. Admin has full control of unlocks. Can unlock all or fully customize whats unlocked in #MW3

Some people like to earn their unlocks and stuff, but this works if you just want to play the game without grinding.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2011, 15:38.

13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 13:54 Elf Shot The Food

You mean there are still people who think Battlefield 3 will outsell MW 3?  

12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:50 Matshock

They can console themselves by swimming in the money bin from MW2 & BO.

I played COD4- MW, enjoyed it. When they jacked up the price and cut dedicated servers for MW2 I bailed. No boycott, nothing personal, I just didn't buy in (still haven't).

I can see why console owners loved MW2 & BO though- they're just the right speed for a game pad.

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:46 PHJF

Now i have to go look up what the fuck a E6600 is.

It was the most popular dual-core processor for two years and you don't know what it is?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:38 ASeven

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:30:
ASeven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:17:
Well, looking at Steam charts MW3 is surprisingly low compared to past CoD titles. I think PC gamers are finally getting fed up of the same reskinned game and same shitty treatment from Activision. That all had consequences.

It's an incredibly busy release schedule this holiday season, even more than usual. It'll be easier to tell how MW3 will do as we get closer to it's release, right now there its just one big release after another which is going to put a dent in any games preorder figures.

True, but since the pre-order has been up for quite a while, compared to MW2 or BO pre-orders MW3 isn't doing that great. I remember both BO and MW2 being at #1 a month before release. The thing is that despite the busy game release schedule, those games also had pretty quiet pre-order months like MW3 has been having yet BO and MW2 were firmly planted on the top of the charts and MW3 is lagging behind in the pre-order period.

Still, like was said, after the game's release we'll be able to see if indeed PC gamers still want to give CoD a shot. From what I'm seeing though plenty of CoD clans are moving to BF3 or other games.

9. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:30 Jerykk

Well, looking at Steam charts MW3 is surprisingly low compared to past CoD titles. I think PC gamers are finally getting fed up of the same reskinned game and same shitty treatment from Activision. That all had consequences.

Wait until the game is actually released. I'd surprised if MW3 didn't stay in the top spot for at least a month.

8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:30 Verno

ASeven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:17:

It's an incredibly busy release schedule this holiday season, even more than usual. It'll be easier to tell how MW3 will do as we get closer to it's release, right now there its just one big release after another which is going to put a dent in any games preorder figures.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

7. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:17 ASeven

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:12:
ASeven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:11:
Well, this one is easy enough. No buy. I believe CoD:BO may have been the last CoD title on the PC to sell in significant numbers.

If only that were true....

6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:12 DarkCntry

ASeven wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 12:11:

If only that were true....

5. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:11 DarkCntry

necrosis wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 11:57:
Hate it when they use processor model numbers instead of saying "Dual core 3.0GHz". Now i have to go look up what the fuck a E6600 is.

That might be because not all Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz are the same, especially when it comes to voltage and frequencies...and that's a big, BIG issue when you find out you're using a low-volt version.

4. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:11 ASeven

So, dedicated servers only for unranked. Ranked still uses IWnet.

3. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 11:57 necrosis

Hate it when they use processor model numbers instead of saying "Dual core 3.0GHz". Now i have to go look up what the fuck a E6600 is.  

2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 11:32 Wildone

they must be crapping their pants. Roll on BF3  

1. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 11:19 Rosco

Cranking 'em out like a cookie cutter factory now eh?  
Consoles are schwag.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo