Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PAYDAY: The Heist Today

GameSpy has word that the Windows edition of PAYDAY: The Heist is expected today via Steam, which will offer the chance to rob some banks in this first-person shooter that's already available on the PlayStation Network. Here's a reminder of what this game is about:

PAYDAY: The Heist is a premier quality downloadable game designed to deliver a unique spin on the First Person Shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic co-operative shooter, PAYDAY is packed with cocky attitude, epic Hollywood-inspired action and endless replayability.With six action-packed heists to complete at launch, players embark on a spectacular crime tour of heists, including shooting their way through a downtown bank vault robbery, trading hostages in an armored car hijacking and even a moonlit infiltration of a high-security headquarters.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 12:57 Krovven

I believe 2 of the 6 can only be played on a minimum of Hard, won't even let you choose Normal difficulty.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 12:38 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 09:37:
Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 09:29:
A friend gifted this to me last night and I needed a break from Dark Souls so I spent a few minutes with it getting things setup. So are they planning more scenarios as DLC or how is that going to work? I only saw 6 in the base game.

I remember them saying that more heists will be sold as DLC. Considering the core game is only 20 bucks and I played only 1 heist last night for 4 hours, I am very inclined to pick up the extra ones as long as they aren't too overpriced.

BTW, if you want to play with someone who you will make you look like a pro by comparison, send "Prez" (with the Punisher avatar like up in the corner) an invite. I'll be around tonight and all weekend.

And that four hours (5 for me) was only on normal mode......

I played the 2nd and 3rd missions. The 2nd is holy hell hard and the 3rd is rather simple with lots of choke points, but lots of armoured dudes.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

45. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 11:15 J

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 10:19:
If you guys keep mentioning Heat I'm gonna be forced to buy this.

And I don't even think it looks that good, looks like it's got that watered down L4D gunplay thing happening.

Heat

44. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 10:19 Dmitri_M

If you guys keep mentioning Heat I'm gonna be forced to buy this.

And I don't even think it looks that good, looks like it's got that watered down L4D gunplay thing happening.

43. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 09:47 J

Okay, I took the bait. I'm now downloading PAYDAY. If anybody fancies a laugh (the private kind, I don't have a mic!) look for sNiPEY on Steam. I'm the one with the baby in a helmet with the Arnie quote. 96% done...  

42. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 09:46 Verno

Sounds good Prez, we've got a 3 man crew who all know each other in IRL so we'll take you as our fourth if you're around. Just be forewarned that most of us can recite Heat from memory so it will most likely be a disaster filled with memes and movie quotes  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

41. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 09:37 Prez

Verno wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 09:29:
A friend gifted this to me last night and I needed a break from Dark Souls so I spent a few minutes with it getting things setup. So are they planning more scenarios as DLC or how is that going to work? I only saw 6 in the base game.

I remember them saying that more heists will be sold as DLC. Considering the core game is only 20 bucks and I played only 1 heist last night for 4 hours, I am very inclined to pick up the extra ones as long as they aren't too overpriced.

BTW, if you want to play with someone who you will make you look like a pro by comparison, send "Prez" (with the Punisher avatar like up in the corner) an invite. I'll be around tonight and all weekend.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

40. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 09:29 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

39. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 08:11 Prez

Had an awesome time playing with Krovven and Batman - game is a blast and really requires good team coordination. It has very similar mechanics to L4D (a good thing imo) but has an awesome Heist movie mood. Every time I break into the vault and start bagging up giant stacks of cash I feel like Tom Sizemore in heat during their big heist. Highly recommended game, especially so at the bargain price.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 05:15 J

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on this one. If/when they sort out the bugs I may well dive on to the bandwagon. It sounds like it may potentially be a lot of fun, and it sounds like they're taking an active stance in dealing with it. Both big pluses in my book.  

37. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 23:47 xXBatmanXx

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 20:19:
Now it looks like any USB stuff is crashing the game....great....I have USB mouse and USB kb...

HOW THE F DOES THIS STUFF GET PAST QA!?!?!?!?!

Unplugged my Saitek USB keyboard, plugged in a wireless Logitech kb, now it works. wtf.

Still using my Razer Diamondback mouse....

seriously....wtf...

I do have to give them credit - they have 2 employees who have been in the steam forums all night and it is currently 4am there and they are helping people. Pretty nice of them. They said they are looking at a patch in the next day.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

36. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 23:34 xXBatmanXx

THIS GAME IS INSANE! The sheer number of people you have to deal with as a team is amazing. Use cover and move up slowly. Super fun!  

35. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 22:32 Krovven

So a little misunderstanding with Mouse 0 and Mouse 1, unbound everything and then did my proper bindings. Everything is good now. Game plays great, so far lots of fun.

34. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 21:40 Prez

The USB and keybinding issues suck, but the game itself is an absolute blast. Very fun! Normally I would have waited a few days but I got in on a 4-pack so I am an early adopter - so yeah, there's some launch day woes. Things should be fine in a few days.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 21:39 Krovven

As I said in Steam chat...I don't see it bound to anything on my list. Mouse 1 and 3 are, but not 2.

Gonna start looking for a config, been kinda distracted playing with my new iphone 4s while messing with Payday

32. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 21:37 xXBatmanXx

I was able to change Mouse2 to walk forward - it was bound to something else. Had to unbind first.  

31. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 21:30 Krovven

First impression...I cant change my keybinds to Mouse 2 for Forward and there is literally no video options except Resolution.

Save your money until post patch if either of these problems are important to you.

Add another game to the fucked up launch list for 2011.

EDIT: Wow, now there is customer service. I sent an email and got a response from the Exec Producer in 5min.

(5 minutes ago)
Hi there, I'm sure you are getting tons of emails from PC users today, and I apologize for contributing to that.

I can't play the game because I cannot bind Mouse 2 to Walk Forward, among other keys. I've been using this configuration since Quake, as have thousands of other people.

I hope you make custom key/mouse binds a priority for the first hotfix/patch, as you have crippled thousands by having very restrictive key rebinds.

thanks,
Krovven

Bo Andersson <REMOVED>

show details 6:30 PM (0 minutes ago)

Thank you for the feedback. We will patch that in for you.

Best

Bo

30. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 20:19 xXBatmanXx

Now it looks like any USB stuff is crashing the game....great....I have USB mouse and USB kb...

HOW THE F DOES THIS STUFF GET PAST QA!?!?!?!?!

Unplugged my Saitek USB keyboard, plugged in a wireless Logitech kb, now it works. wtf.

Still using my Razer Diamondback mouse....

seriously....wtf...

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2011, 20:48.

29. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 20:16 Dirwulf

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 19:44:

How many times does one need to install DirectX anyway?

Why Steam installs DirectX every time

28. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 20:02 xXBatmanXx

FYI - if you quit the game and try and play again - it will crash.

Try this:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189700

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo