Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up

We received a note from one of the publications mentioned in last night's story about possible attempts by EA to influence the review scores of Battlefield 3 in Norway. Gamereactor writes to explain: "We would like to have our name removed from the article, we have received a preview code and have not had any problems with EA. We have had nothing to do with the 'shenanigans'. it seems to be a matter between EA Norway and a major newspaper, why dedicated gaming media are mentioned also must be a misunderstanding." The contact was from their Danish arm, but they operate as one entity, and say none of their Norwegian colleagues can understand why they were mentioned in this article.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 21:05 ColoradoHoudini

This is a good a place to ask as any..so..

Does anyone have a list or a link to a side by side comparison on what BF3 and MF3 bring to the table? I mean in terms of stuff like, total players, private servers, # of maps, private servers or not, etc..

With all the hype in the last few months I got a bit overwhelmed and can't recall it all. I remember starting out all "yay BF3!" then the excitement broke away little by little and MF3 was like "now we have X feature you really want!"

Any help appreciated!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 19:01 HorrorScope

Sounds like the ante was upped to a satisfactory level. I slightly kid.  

7. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 13:56 Jono

Or maybe it's Activision spreading fud and you all bought it You're so gullible!  

6. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 13:14 Lobster

Mmm... Danish.  

5. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:44 briktal

Viranth wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:09:
Why do these things always happen RIGHT before the launch? Get on every media outlet so people buy their game?

Because that's when the early reviews come out.

4. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:25 LittleMe

Darks wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:08:
Sounds like to me, EA was up all night doing some serious PR repair. Also sounds like these guys are now singing a different tune and are back tracking on their previous comments. EA must have pulled a lot of strings. I still donít believe in EA or anything they say.

Or maybe EA threatened to sue the shit out of anyone associated with this story. Using the word "allegations" helps protect Blue in this case I presume. Hard to know what's really going on. Competition is fierce and a lot of money is on the line.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:09 Viranth

Why do these things always happen RIGHT before the launch? Get on every media outlet so people buy their game?  

2. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 12:08 Darks

Sounds like to me, EA was up all night doing some serious PR repair. Also sounds like these guys are now singing a different tune and are back tracking on their previous comments. EA must have pulled a lot of strings. I still donít believe in EA or anything they say.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 11:48 LittleMe

Shenanigans... Sounds like an Irish name to me.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo