Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 MP Trailer

The Battlefield Blog now offers a new trailer showing off multiplayer action from Battlefield 3, DICE's military shooter sequel. Word is: "This trailer features shots from all of our multiplayer maps, including the dramatic Damavand Peak."

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 20, 2011, 14:43 Verno

lvitriol wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 04:57:
The BETA (BUG TEST) had bugs = i don buy!

Punkbuster = i dun know how go pb homepage and get it from there and RTFM so no by.

There was first only 1 map in beta (bug test sic) "operation metro" and it was like CoD so = no byu.

u make dumb post so no buy!

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 20, 2011, 09:28 Viranth

I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Hope to find a nice casual clan as well, to get some real teamwork going.

54. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 20, 2011, 04:57 lvitriol

The BETA (BUG TEST) had bugs = i don buy!

Punkbuster = i dun know how go pb homepage and get it from there and RTFM so no by.

There was first only 1 map in beta (bug test sic) "operation metro" and it was like CoD so = no byu.

more sp.

53. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 22:12 born2expire

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 21:01:
RAGE audio over recent Battlefield audio? Are you insane? To me, sound DESIGN is about much more than whether or not it's 5.1 and directional. I'd much rather a studio focus on the sounds themselves, before investing time into shit like directional audio. Statistically, how many people are even rocking true, audiophile backed 5.1/7.1 sound systems?

ummm like zero people. Now a audiophile sound card and audiophile headphones, quite a few. head-fi.com (gaming forms) is a super active community and game-fi.com sadly never really got off the ground.

52. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 21:25 MajorD

McJammiepants wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 21:01:
RAGE audio over recent Battlefield audio? Are you insane? To me, sound DESIGN is about much more than whether or not it's 5.1 and directional. I'd much rather a studio focus on the sounds themselves, before investing time into shit like directional audio. Statistically, how many people are even rocking true, audiophile backed 5.1/7.1 sound systems?

Yes 'sounds themselves' (ambient, character, etc.) are important, just as quality and 5.1/7.1 directional audio is. Without directional audio, it just ruins the realism, immersion, and experience.

And NO, I'm not insane, as the Audio in RAGE is quality and directional.

51. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 21:01 McJammiepants

50. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:48 MajorD

ASeven wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 13:07:
Just for the fun of it:

-Sound design is top notch, have to play it to experience it

If having no basic features like directional sound is top notch, I agree.

I'm glad you touched on that, as all I heard was how great the audio was in BF: BC2, which always left me scratching my head. I never, ever, thought it was was all that great.

Metro 2033, Crysis 2, and RAGE; now, as of late, there is some KICK ASS 5.1/7.1 directional audio!!!

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2011, 18:00.

49. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:21 spindoctor

Bhruic wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 15:25:

It's not launching with one, anyway. Whether they add one after the fact is open to speculation.

Dice barely manage to fix the problems their games launch with. I believe VOIP for BC2 never got fixed at all. Expecting them to add new features post release is probably asking for too much.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

48. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:18 MajorD

ASeven wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:22:
justice7 wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 12:04:
Been playing games since the Coleco vision, BF3 is clearly revolutionary. To dismiss it based on bullshit like "i hate PR Videos" makes my point all the more clear.

DUNA DUN DA DUN DUNN.

It sure is revolutionary by being exactly like the myriad of other FPSs out there without any new feature.

WTF are you looking for, "SmelleVision"? Wink

47. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:13 xXBatmanXx

Matshock wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 17:05:
Being a dad has helped my gaming-

I'm more patient.

I don't get too angry.

I'm a better team player.

My rank in BC2 is only 15, I regularly place 2nd or 3rd in matches and swat down rank 50s constantly. It's not about unlocks or skins- it's about driving a Russian RV of Death through a house spewing grenades and gunning down helicopters. It's about opening the throat of that little bitch sniper that's been dogging me. It's about victory and glory, not hours-in and ranks.

I did my time in Tribes, UT Infiltration, CS betas, etc. etc. Now I just get to enjoy playing.

I am level 38, but haven't played for a a few months, figured I would jump in with some friends a couple days ago.....ouch. That was painful....I think I went 1-15 in that round. Need to get used to the game again....I think my usual K to D is 2 or 3 to 1.....no one was cappin though - it was just a sniper fest - and I don't play sniper.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

46. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:05 Matshock

Being a dad has helped my gaming-

I'm more patient.

I don't get too angry.

I'm a better team player.

My rank in BC2 is only 15, I regularly place 2nd or 3rd in matches and swat down rank 50s constantly. It's not about unlocks or skins- it's about driving a Russian RV of Death through a house spewing grenades and gunning down helicopters. It's about opening the throat of that little bitch sniper that's been dogging me. It's about victory and glory, not hours-in and ranks.

I did my time in Tribes, UT Infiltration, CS betas, etc. etc. Now I just get to enjoy playing.

45. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 16:49 PHJF

But what would you prefer they use? Seems like there are no real alternative anti-cheat systems aside from VAC.

Anything that doesn't single-handedly prevent me from playing the game, as it did for Bad Company 2.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

44. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 16:35 Smooth Gravy

great trailer. looking forward to Monday.  

43. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 16:21 entr0py

PHJF wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 14:41:
Still using PunkBuster? Then no dice. Or rather, no, Dice.

But what would you prefer they use? Seems like there are no real alternative anti-cheat systems aside from VAC.

42. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 16:03 venomhed

Get back to us in 5 years.... when the kids are around and the nagging starts...

41. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 16:01 xXBatmanXx

venomhed wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 15:55:
"...since getting married in June, my gaming has drastically reduced with our schedules, etc. Was a lot easier to game when it was just me and the dogs"

Thanks for reminding me of why I will never get married! Too many rules, regulations, lack of sex, lack of variety of sex etc. etc. Marriage has no place in gaming, or life, in this day and age.

Now, for that vasectomy I always wanted.....

Well, I have almost no rules, no regulations, sex has never been an issue, life is great, really just gaming is taking a back seat a bit. Life is better with than without. Believe me, I went over it pretty heavily before making the decision.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

40. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 15:55 venomhed

"...since getting married in June, my gaming has drastically reduced with our schedules, etc. Was a lot easier to game when it was just me and the dogs"

Thanks for reminding me of why I will never get married! Too many rules, regulations, lack of sex, lack of variety of sex etc. etc. Marriage has no place in gaming, or life, in this day and age.

Now, for that vasectomy I always wanted.....

39. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 15:34 xXBatmanXx

Bhruic wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 15:25:
it turns out that BF3 will not have a Battlerecorder, which is absurd considering the best part of the game (that people would want to share) are the unscripted Battlefield moments that can happen at any time.

It's not launching with one, anyway. Whether they add one after the fact is open to speculation.

They aren't going to do anything value added that doesn't get them $ - we are in a new era of screwing the customer. And we can no longer make things better as they developers/programmers are moving towards secrecy in their products and not releasing tools for us to make their games better than they can....

38. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 15:25 Bhruic

it turns out that BF3 will not have a Battlerecorder, which is absurd considering the best part of the game (that people would want to share) are the unscripted Battlefield moments that can happen at any time.

37. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 14:41 PHJF

Still using PunkBuster? Then no dice. Or rather, no, Dice.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo