Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears

A new post on the ManiaPlanet Blog by Nadeo CEO Florent 'Hylis' Castelnerac gives a state of the ManiaPlanet address (thanks Frans). Topics include plans to soon launch Maniaplanet 2.0, current beta testing of ManiaLive 2, and their plans to show off the map editor of ShootMania Storm on Saturday at Paris Games Week. He also mentions a new patch they will soon be pushing out for TrackMania 2: Canyon:

At the studio, we have just released the second update that players can activate in their player page if they want. Combined, you have an improved support for custom car model, no waiting time for official attempt at launch if you have previously launched the game since more than five minute off course, a restart after updates and various optimisations, stability issues and compatibility questions. The update will be pushed soon to all players. ()

And if you have this update, you can discover a plug in of map generator that we just released in the forum ()

We are also working on some new blocs for Canyon. We could have improved the current collection here or there, but we have chosed to focus on one set of blocs in an already existing theme. So, it will be less interesting for combinations but should bring something to the feelings divertity of the environment.

One of our big topic at the moment is the economical system. Within two weeks, we should have switched on the economical ladder as well as the economical balancing system that transform some planets into economical points in order to stabilize the economy and the inflation. Starting from there, we will be able to reward with planets audiences for manialink and servers.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 19, 2011, 06:26 Shadowcat

Hello Hylis. I'm fascinated to see how Shootmania will turn out, so good luck with that.

In the meantime there seems no better opportunity for me to say directly to someone at Nadeo that I was tremendously disappointed to find that TrackMania2 lacked the brilliant Platform mode from the previous games. As soon as you bring Platform back, TM2 will go on my shopping list.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 08:19 eRe4s3r

Fair enough I hope you do make lots more games in the future then ^^  

15. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 08:04  Hylis 

I got it since it is written in the news that I made the news. But I did not tought you were serious when you think a CEO should write english well more than PR people. I have things to do on creative, technical, community, etc.

I don't even took time to install a spell check, I don't use a mobile phone (one phone call every month) I don't really travel, I was not at E3 to present our upcoming games etc.

In fact, I concentrate on the making the games and reading forums.

There are different types of manager. Some are more going outside, some are more staying inside.

But it looks like I am making a lesson here ^_^ like you did for my english.

14. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 07:47 eRe4s3r

It's kinda sad that nobody even thought it possible I included that word exactly because of that, that was like 50% of the joke.  

13. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 07:43 eRe4s3r

Which makes it all the worse, no? As CEO you have to talk to International business partners and good English is the bare minimum you should bring to the table....

Just Imagine any decent freelancer would communicate like this with their customers....

12. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 06:52 SlamDunk

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 16:55:
It's always astounding that PR people can't put a grammatical correct English sentence together.

Hylis (Florent Castelnerac) is not a PR person but the head man of NADEO.

11. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 05:31 everyone

Reikon wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 00:23:
"optimisations" (comes from misery ;P)

Isn't that actually correct? They replace z with s in a lot of words over in Europe.
Yeah, those damn English and their butchery of the English language. *shakes fist*

10. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 03:12 DarkCntry

Even if you aren't a native speaker English is the easiest language there is and stuff like this just makes me cringe.

What makes me cringe is that people somehow believe that English is the easiest language...it's one of the few languages that are actually backwards, and learning it can be rather difficult when we're discussing grammatical structure and usage.

That said, as someone who works with non-native English-speakers/writers on a regular basis, this wasn't even close to bad, if anything it's just honest mistakes that even those who natively speak the language have issues with.

9. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 00:23 Reikon

Isn't that actually correct? They replace z with s in a lot of words over in Europe.

8. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 21:57 elefunk

I'm loving Canyon, I just hope that the Puzzle and Platform modes come back soon  

7. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 19:37 nin

our first first person shooter.

I'm very curious about that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 19:37 eRe4s3r

To be honest thats why I wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not Its good to have you here on blues though! Don't be scared away by grumpy readers, like I can be sometimes.

I have to admit I just automatically assume nowadays that every news item I read is from some PR Department so thats where my first post came from.... But i can't wait to see what ShootMania is gonna be like When Nadeo makes a shooter its surely gonna be something unique ;p

5. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 19:33 Crustacean Soup

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shootmania.

Canyon is a blast. Doesn't seem as well-populated as Forever, and the tracks are maybe a little less crazy (I'm guessing the new blocks will help with that), but it's still great fun.

4. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 19:03  Hylis 

I am not insulted, my english is bad and I saw that I do the same mistake often thanks to you.

I see news on our games since years here, comments from Slamdunk at a time, Xymph being around. But the first time I register is to thank about an english lesson. That it is little weird, because the news is about one of the most important reveal from our team: our first first person shooter.

3. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 17:56 eRe4s3r

Hah, I was just being sarcastic

When I read the CEO I just put a different standard of expectations on the quality of a post Especially nowadays when every browser has a spellchecker.

And I hope I didn't come across as insulting or anything

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2011, 18:06.

2. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 17:38  Hylis 

Your lessons are welcome, thank you ^_^  

1. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 16, 2011, 16:55 eRe4s3r

It's always astounding that PR people can't put a grammatical correct English sentence together. Even if you aren't a native speaker English is the easiest language there is and stuff like this just makes me cringe. Theres nearly a dozen errors in that posting, ouchy. Firefox spell-check is your friend!

"but we have chosed" (ouch)
"One of our big topic at the moment" (So they only got 1 topic ,p)
"you have an improved support for custom car model" (so we have support for 1 custom car model?)

The stuff I post when i am waiting for a steam update...

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo