Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the ten bestselling games on Steam for the past week according to Valve:

1. RAGE
  2. THQ Hit Collection
  3. Might & Magic Heroes VI
  4. Metro 2033
  5. Dungeon Defenders
  6. Red Faction: Armageddon
  7. Fable III
  8. Duke Nukem Forever
  9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  10. Orcs Must Die!

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2011, 10:36 xXBatmanXx

Slashman wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 08:31:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 07:10:
5.5 hours into RAGE and just reaching the Dead City.
I am enjoying the game, no major bugs, no major glitches.
Died 1x in the RC Bomb plant - playing on HARD.

Did all side missions, found all cards, did all races.

Can I ask what it actually has that other shooters don't?

A game in development for that long and I'm not really hearing anything from the people who say its good apart from: 'The shooting is done well.' or 'The driving is fun.'

I mean, really? A game in development for how long? That's it? The story is meh. The characters are meh. Is that really worth anywhere close to $60?

It doesn't realy have anything that others don't, as no game does anymore....I enjoy the game at the 40.00 price point I paid. It is just a different take on Borderlands with a console feel to it.

It looks nice, plays nice, I am enjoying the missions but don't think they are very difficult. The story is ok, but as many reviews pointed out, I don't really have a connection to the person in the story nor any care as to the outcome of any of the missions if I don't do them. There is a pretty big detachment, but not many games have one.

Is it worth 60? No. No game is and I don't pay that for games. Maybe a GTA or Saints Row, but I get hundreds of hours out of those.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2011, 09:44 StingingVelvet

Slashman wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 08:31:

A game in development for that long and I'm not really hearing anything from the people who say its good apart from: 'The shooting is done well.' or 'The driving is fun.'

I mean, really? A game in development for how long? That's it? The story is meh. The characters are meh. Is that really worth anywhere close to $60?

Being "just" a really good shooter is enough for people that want to play really good shooters. I don't see why there is so much pressure to innovate in every game. Then half the innovations come out annoying and people complain about that too. You can't please everyone.

Rage is a unique looking shooter with cool hub sections and fun car combat. That's plenty for me. Is it a little disappointing in some areas? Sure, but what game isn't? Even the mighty Deus Ex 3 disappoints in some areas like only having 2 hubs and the boss fights, but it's still probably the best game I have played in years.

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2011, 08:31 Slashman

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 07:10:

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2011, 07:10 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2011, 01:06 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 10:05:
If you buy a lot of something you're hopefully smart enough to search for bargains because it's not your job to keep a company in business. I don't weigh every single gaming purchase as if the future of the developer in question depends on how I bought it.

There's a massive difference between looking for a bargain and using the internet to buy American games at Taiwan prices.

47. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 19:47 Alamar

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 21:59:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 17:20:
Overon wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:54:
People once again show that whatever new game comes out that has a little bit of name recognition or marketing, it will sell number 1 on steam. It's no wonder that publishers don't like to release their big games at the same time for fear of competition.

RAGE is not worth 60 bucks people! I am offended!

I sure as hell didn't pay $60 for it, $20 from online cd-key site.

It's well worth that amount, but not $60 by a long shot.

That shows how much you idiots know. RAGE is well worth the price. You guys are just to fucking cheap, and pathetic on top of that.

I love how you guys who havenít even played through the game will sit in here and bitch about the game. Now if you had played it and didnít pay for it. then youíre a fucking low life scum sucking pirate and its morons like you guys who have helped destroy PC gaming and brought it to what it is now.

Dammit... Maybe I am getting grumpy, but I'll do it for the second time lately...

You're an idiot...

I'm late to the thread, so it's likely already been pointed out how...

'Worth is relative'...

-Alamar

46. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 16:02 eRe4s3r

Example - Sengoku , Stronghold 1, Victoria 1

Any any other game that is trade-able (and some games that are capsule only)

Games with other DRM (most games, actually) have obviously not this kind of DRM

How else you think trading in digital games would work, if not via time-based online auth? ;p

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2011, 16:07.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 15:59 eRe4s3r

As i said, its only for games using Capsule as DRM that are trade-able..

Arkham is a GFWL game

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 14:40 Prez

GMG is only worth using for Steamworks games. The "capsule" out-and-out sucks.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 13:57 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 11:46:
yeah, if its using the capsule drm

Its actually mentioned though, somewhere. The client "activates" your game on install and its valid for 3 days, after 3 days you have to redo it (its automatic unless you are offline)

BUT

This does NOT apply for games with their own DRM that are not using Capsule. Like steam games, EA games, and others.

Wait, wait... what? What game does that??

Creston

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 12:22 Jerykk

Its actually mentioned though, somewhere. The client "activates" your game on install and its valid for 3 days, after 3 days you have to redo it (its automatic unless you are offline)

Wow. That's pretty terrible. Kinda puts a damper on GMG's great deals. I was tempted to pre-order Arkham City from them but after hearing about their DRM, I'm deciding against it.

41. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 11:46 eRe4s3r

yeah, if its using the capsule drm

BUT

This does NOT apply for games with their own DRM that are not using Capsule. Like steam games, EA games, and others.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2011, 11:52.

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 11:20 Killswitch

Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 10:05:
If you buy a lot of something you're hopefully smart enough to search for bargains because it's not your job to keep a company in business. I don't weigh every single gaming purchase as if the future of the developer in question depends on how I bought it.

Exactly. It isn't being cheap, it's being frugal. Honestly, I don't feel like there's many games worth $50, let alone $60. It's the same with movies--why should I pay $13 to see it in a theater when I'll eventually be able to watch it on Netflix for practically nothing? If Hollywood starts crying about profits am I suppose to feel like some kind of low-life putting them out of business? I'm going to worry about my own finances, not theirs. I just can't imagine Darks or anyone else actually making a comment like that and being serious about it.

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 10:05 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 09:16:
If you like chocolate you probably shouldn't chop down the chocolate tree.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 09:26 nin

Viranth wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 07:23:
Orcs must die! looks very good.

Potential for co-op in the future? I'll pick this up today!

Just as an FYI, they have in no way promised or announced that. It would be great if it happens, but they've stressed a number of times that it's not been announced.

But even with SP, it's a damn fun game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 09:16 StingingVelvet

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 20:15:
Either way you're ripping the publisher off.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

If you like chocolate you probably shouldn't chop down the chocolate tree.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 08:50 Killswitch

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 21:59:
You guys are just to fucking cheap, and pathetic on top of that.

Actually, I was just going to wait for the holiday or summer sale to pick it up as I'm sure the game would be much more fun if it felt like I had stolen it.

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 08:41 The Half Elf

Prez you also own every single game on Steam except the Rail games and it's addon's  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 08:11 Prez

Cutter wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 23:32:
Fion wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 22:09:
Despite it's issues, RAGE is a hell of a lot of fun.

You like everything no matter how shitty it is though, so you're not a sounding board anyone can get dependable feedback from.

Embarrassingly, I think the same could be said about me. What can I say? I'm just a huge fan of gaming - one who tends to ignore the negatives and accentuate the positive...

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 07:23 Viranth

Orcs must die! looks very good.

Potential for co-op in the future? I'll pick this up today!

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo