Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans

The Dawn of War II Website reveals plans for new DLC for Dawn of War II: Retribution, Relic's Warhammer 40K real-time strategy sequel. Word is: "We've been working on some very cool new DLC for Dawn of War II: Retribution. A new Tau commander for The Last Stand has been in the works, in addition to an Imperial Guard Death Korps of Krieg multiplayer chapter pack, and a Chaos Word Bearers multiplayer chapter pack as well. All coming in our next update." They offer a new Tau Commander video developer diary and point the way to a preview on IGN based on hands-on play with the Tau Commander. Thanks Gamer's Hell

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 17, 2011, 09:22 Lobster

panbient wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 18:49:
Too bad they never fixed the incredibly bland campaign for Retribution.

It's not a terrible campaign. As long as you only play through with one race...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 17, 2011, 09:22 Lobster

Any single player content, or would it be too much to ask to shoehorn the Tau commander into the cookie-cutter design of Retribution?  

5. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 16, 2011, 05:40 Veterator

Last Stand is a pretty fun game mode, but it got old for me. 10 bucks for a new commander is more than the full retribution game has sold for in the past. I think Amazon had it for 7.50. If it gets down to 2.50 I'd consider it.

If they had something like Valve did with TF2 where people could design stuff (and get it for free with time) for the game so content could be pushed out a lot faster that game would hold people's interest longer.

It also suffers from people with inadequate computer systems dragging the whole game experience down for all people in the group. And it doesn't really crop up until after wave 10 or so, by then it's really frustrating when it starts slideshowing or people disconnect.

4. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 16, 2011, 00:51 Jow

Retribution was actually a true expansion, or what we used to know as an expansion anyway.  

3. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 16, 2011, 00:11 ediede

I thought retribution WAS a DLC. DLCs of DLCs makes my brain hurt. And my wallet bleed, but I guess that's nothing new.  

2. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 15, 2011, 18:56 Jow

word is 10 bucks for the Tau Commander alone... I realize the amount of work that goes into that justifies the price on some level, but I still have difficulty spending it considering I've spent little more for entire games in the franchise.  

1. Re: Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Plans Oct 15, 2011, 18:49 panbient

Too bad they never fixed the incredibly bland campaign for Retribution.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo