Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website announces December 20, 2011 is now the global simultaneous launch date for Star Wars: The Old Republic. This represents a change in plans, as last month BioWare announced the European release of the Star Wars MMORPG would be two days after the game's North American launch. Word is:

Those who have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center before the game’s official release are eligible for Early Game Access as well as an in-game ‘Color Stone’ to change the color of your weapon’s visual effects. If you haven’t yet reserved your copy of the game, be sure to visit our Pre-Order page and secure your place in the Old Republic now!

On related notes, the game's website also offers a new "Signs of War" trailer showing some diplomacy failures in action, and the site now offers a new operation page with word on these large-scale multi-group missions.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 16, 2011, 12:23 nin

mlw wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 15:33:
nin wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 13:50:
As for SWTOR, it wasn't on my radar... I had very little interest (not a SW fan; watched each movie once), but I am enjoying this weekend's beta...

I was in last weekends, and had a lot of fun. Hoping I get back in soon.

I have been registered on the swtor website and following it for 3 years now and no beta invitation yet. Bigcry

I registered a long time ago, and was surprised when the email showed up. So much so that I assumed it was spam and examined it very closely.

And I was very disappointed I didn't get another last week. Hoping this coming week I'll get back in.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 16, 2011, 06:23 Jonny

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 11:51:
I will say this. I cannot say too much, but I will hint towards the truth. The reason for the change of heart is not the outcry of lack of release in other countries. Rather, the world wide launch would mean more people would buy it before they hear the reviews that will come out shortly after release (or the NDA is lifted). That is all what I am going to say. Oo

Right, I'm sure those two days will make all the difference to their balance sheet if TOR turns out to be as bad as you say.

It's more likely they realised it was moronic releasing so very close to Christmas. At least on Tuesday they've got themselves more time to fix any post launch screwups and they'll take two days more of the pre-christmas shoppers.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2011, 08:39.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 15:33 mlw

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 13:50:
As for SWTOR, it wasn't on my radar... I had very little interest (not a SW fan; watched each movie once), but I am enjoying this weekend's beta...

I have been registered on the swtor website and following it for 3 years now and no beta invitation yet. Bigcry

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 14:01 Fion

I have yet to get into any of the betas, weekend or full, but I hope too. I'm relatively interested in the game. I understand it's very wow-like, and I personally think that makes it behind the times, but my long time guild (3305 Local) is getting ready for it. A lot of the old time players are going to be playing and it'll be the first MMOG in ages that we really all came together again to play an MMOG. So I kinda have high hopes.

In the end though it's just a 'hold me over' till Guild Wars 2.

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 13:50 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 13:11 Alamar

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 11:51:
I will say this. I cannot say too much, but I will hint towards the truth. The reason for the change of heart is not the outcry of lack of release in other countries. Rather, the world wide launch would mean more people would buy it before they hear the reviews that will come out shortly after release (or the NDA is lifted). That is all what I am going to say. Oo

Peeps like labels... so ya, some sales will suffer, because every single massive that comes out is just a wow clone...

Not to me though... I didn't start gaming with WoW, and I know what the word genre means... so no biggie : )

It definitely feels like a merging of MMORPG and Bioware... Which for some will be great, and others shite... Just like every other game : )

I'm not totally sold on getting it yet, but if a few friends/co-workers get started in there, I'll like pick it up, and some of them are raving about it, so that seems likely : )

For some background, I love massives... but I haven't played any for about 6 months... Just nothing out I felt like putting the time into... And I have never played SWG, nor even seen a gameplay clip (that's how little SW games have pulled me in : ).

I will likely post some specifics when the NDA is lifted...

-Alamar

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic EU Launch Advanced Oct 15, 2011, 11:51 AnointedSword

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

3. Re: Lucky EU Oct 15, 2011, 10:41 wtf_man

Darth Guybrush wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 04:49:
Cannot even pre-order in Australasia...

That's probably because the government would ban it for violence.

2. Re: Lucky EU Oct 15, 2011, 09:31 Asmo

Darth Guybrush wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 04:49:

You can purchase it off Amazon or overseas and play on the US go live date, register for head start etc. But yeah, it's a kick in the tits considering they don't seem to have any intent of launching local dedicated oceanic servers...

1. Lucky EU Oct 15, 2011, 04:49 Darth Guybrush

==
Steam: Darth Guybrush
XBox Live: Darth Guybrush

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo