Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Battlefield 3 Map Details

The Battlefield Blog now offers Battleblog #14 with the promised details on the remaining multiplayer maps in Battlefield 3, DICE's military shooter sequel. They offer screenshots and information for the following maps: Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Noshahr Canals, and Kharg Island.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 14:38 DangerDog

Teddy wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 03:03:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 00:04:
The Karkand DLC map pack is a stand alone expansion, completely separate set of weapons to unlock etc. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to rotate Karkand maps with BF3 maps.

Stand alone expansion? What?

I don't know where you're getting your information on this game, but you should start looking somewhere else. You've been misinformed again.

The Karkand DLC is just 4 maps, a few new vehicles only present in those maps and some new weapons that are available in every map for you if you own the DLC.

It really is just a DLC. It's not the same as the Vietnam expansion for BC2.

Granted, if you rotate those maps in, anyone that doesn't own the DLC will get booted from your server, but that's pretty standard for adding any DLC maps to your rotation.

Listening to interviews and reading about the game, every time they talked about the Karkand "map pack" they called it an expansion, mentioning it has, like you say, vehicles unique to it and also it's own set of weapons to unlock. They make it sound more like a "Vietnam" type DLC expansion than just some extra maps and weapons for BF3.

But I hope you're right about being able to take weapons from Karkand into regular BF3, that would be cool. I loved using the L85a1 in BF2 and it looks like they're adding the L85a2 to the Karkand expansion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 14:26 Prez

Well, it's either post 12 or 13, for sure. Laugh2  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

13. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 13:44 TurdFergasun

because ea has been bed shitting with bf3 since the moment they dropped the origins bomb?  

12. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 12:51 eRe4s3r

Because you don't like team based shooters? ;p  

11. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 12:26 Prez

Why am I not excited about BF3's release? Could someone please help me figure it out?  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

10. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 07:50 JaguarUSF

entr0py wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 00:27:
it all depends on the quality of the maps, not the quantity.

True. The could have released BF2 with just Karkand, Dalian Plant, and Wake and most people would have been happy.

9. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 06:26 LittleMe

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 01:38:
I guess you guys didn't read the part about their map creation process? They mock up several different ideas and then whittle it down with votes and playtests to the ones that work the best, then fully develop those. They decided these nine were the best of the bunch.

Hey that's a good development process. Lots of playtesting and whittling is key. Sounds good.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 03:03 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 00:04:
The Karkand DLC map pack is a stand alone expansion, completely separate set of weapons to unlock etc. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to rotate Karkand maps with BF3 maps.

Stand alone expansion? What?

I don't know where you're getting your information on this game, but you should start looking somewhere else. You've been misinformed again.

The Karkand DLC is just 4 maps, a few new vehicles only present in those maps and some new weapons that are available in every map for you if you own the DLC.

It really is just a DLC. It's not the same as the Vietnam expansion for BC2.

Granted, if you rotate those maps in, anyone that doesn't own the DLC will get booted from your server, but that's pretty standard for adding any DLC maps to your rotation.

7. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 01:38 jacobvandy

I guess you guys didn't read the part about their map creation process? They mock up several different ideas and then whittle it down with votes and playtests to the ones that work the best, then fully develop those. They decided these nine were the best of the bunch.  

6. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 00:27 entr0py

Battlefield 2 included 12 maps. Battlefield 3 will include 9 at launch, and another 4 about a month later if you preordered. Not that much of a difference from my perspective. But of course it all depends on the quality of the maps, not the quantity.  

5. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 15, 2011, 00:04 DangerDog

4. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 14, 2011, 23:23 Cornholio

I bet MP002 is back to karkand or whatever the hell it's called.
That's at least 2 map packs they have lined up.

Why don't they just come out with an $90 version that comes with all the maps... or let them do the payment plan. Oh wait if it was $90 people would cry but then have no problems turning around and paying $15 for a couple maps if the game was $60. I hate DLC. Give the whole game out at launch for $60... OR!

In best billy mays voice:
WITH JUST AN INITIAL DOWN PAYMENT OF 59.99 AND 3 EASY PAYMENTS of 14.99 YOU CAN HAVE THE FULL BATTLEFIELD 3 EXPERIENCE!!!! THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE FOLKS!!!

3. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 14, 2011, 21:57 Calwen

Oh and note DICE's internal designations. Gee, I wonder if we'll have to pay for maps MP002, MP004-06, MP008-10, MP014, and MP016? Maybe they don't want to burden us with too many choices on launch day.  

2. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 14, 2011, 21:53 Calwen

DangerDog wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 21:40:
I'm not seeing anything that looks epic in the map lineup, Caspian Border is the only non gray/brown looking map. I hated the fence trench, a very annoying obstacle - you couldn't even effectively drive vehicles through the fence.

I was hoping for a little more forest/jungle action considering how much fun I had in Caspian Border's little patch of swaying and shaking greenery. A Valparaiso remake would be great.

As for the fence trenches, I didn't have much of a problem powering through them with the tank's...uh...well, I guess its "sprint" function.

1. Re: More Battlefield 3 Map Details Oct 14, 2011, 21:40 DangerDog

I'm not seeing anything that looks epic in the map lineup, Caspian Border is the only non gray/brown looking map. I hated the fence trench, a very annoying obstacle - you couldn't even effectively drive vehicles through the fence.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo