Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 MP Map Details

Battleblog #13 on the Battlefield Blog outlines features of some multiplayer maps in Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. Designer Niklas Åstrand gives the lowdown on Operation Firestorm, Operation Metro, Tehran Highway, Damavand Peak, accompanied by screenshots of each. They promise a similar rundown on the remaining multiplayer maps from the game will be posted tomorrow.

View
6. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Oct 13, 2011, 22:27 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 21:42:
Krovven wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 21:38:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 21:25:
* No proper joystick support, though it's been promised for months.

Wait, what? I thought they confirmed months ago that it would?

I know the config screen is a disaster right now, but I'm expecting it, probably naively, to be sorted out come release.

Apparently by proper joystick support they thought everyone meant an xbox360 controller hooked up to your PC. Nope, it's on the list of things to "look at after release".

I can't help you with looking for a link to some tweet or interview, just don't expect your HOTAS setup to work at release.

Nice spin, pretty close to a blatant lie but not quite there. Keep trying.

What they ACTUALLY said was that they expect it to be ready, but the specific person that they spoke to said he'd been on the road for quite a while and couldn't guarantee it.

No one ever said anything about the xbox360 controller being supported but joysticks not. That's all you just making shit up.

Allow me:

GameSpy: The beta didn't work well with joysticks or control pads(emphasis added). What level of support for these devices will the game ship with? Will pilots be able to fly with a stick or pad?

Lars: It's something we're looking into. It looks like we will be able to ship with joystick support, but I've been on the road for quite some time so I can't guarantee it. But yes, if it doesn't turn up at launch, it will definitely be a high priority as soon as possible after shipping. The work being done to support joysticks is more or less the same as control pads, if you get one, you get the other. It's something we're aware of now that we've brought back the jets. It's on the list.

http://www.enterbf3.com/news/553-command-rose-voip-and-joysticks/

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 13, 21:20 Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details eunichron
  2. Oct 13, 21:25 Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details DangerDog
  3. Oct 13, 21:38  Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Krovven
  4. Oct 13, 21:42   Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details DangerDog
>> 6. Oct 13, 22:27    Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Teddy
  17. Oct 14, 20:42     Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details bigspender
  5. Oct 13, 22:06 Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Hump
  7. Oct 13, 22:35 Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Dades
  8. Oct 13, 23:47 Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details DangerDog