Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Facebook Page now offers release date and pricing details on The Missing Link, the upcoming DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution (thanks nin). Here's word on availability of new content for Eidos Montreal's action/RPG prequel, which now has a Steam Page:

The Missing Link will be released on October 18th, 2011 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in North America! Will retail for 1200 MSP / $14.99. In Europe, it will be released on October 18th for Xbox 360 and PC, and October 19th for PS3, and priced at 1200 MSP / 11.25 (PS3) / 10.99 (PC).

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 15, 2011, 19:44 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 19:40:
And yet in so many ways $3 an hour for entertainment is super cheap. Compare it to a movie, a concert, a theme park, whatever.

Sadly, those things are horribly overpriced. $10 to watch a two hour movie is insane. Now, if you're paying $10 for a BluRay with lots of special features for a movie that you love and know you'll watch many, many times over the years, that makes more sense.

New movies on Bluray are $25 or so usually, and I can replay Deus Ex just as much as I can rewatch a movie. Probably more so, given the multiple play styles. I have already played the main game through twice, stealthy and loud.

In any case it's all relative, was my point. I doubt I will feel at all fleeced after purchasing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 15, 2011, 19:40 Jerykk

And yet in so many ways $3 an hour for entertainment is super cheap. Compare it to a movie, a concert, a theme park, whatever.

Sadly, those things are horribly overpriced. $10 to watch a two hour movie is insane. Now, if you're paying $10 for a BluRay with lots of special features for a movie that you love and know you'll watch many, many times over the years, that makes more sense.

39. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 15, 2011, 18:32 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 04:12:
They said it was ~ 5 hours.

So $3 an hour. Not the best deal, considering I got over 60 hours from the full game which cost me $50. Considerably more work went into that $50 as well because the devs had to create almost everything from scratch. Most of the code, scripting and assets in this DLC were already created in the original game.

38. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 15, 2011, 07:18 CreamyBlood

Bah. Another game I was interested in but have to wait a year for them to finish it. I'm looking forward to New Vegas though, if they ever complete it.

Out of curiosity, for you people that buy games with all the added on horse armour and weapons and extra missions, how much does it cost for the full thing these days? I'm guessing around a hundred bucks.
It's not a big deal if you're right into and having a good time and getting value for your money (I don't believe in the hour/dollar ratio).

I just found it easier when they patched the game, gave you some goodies and offered your a big expansion for $20. I'm not too interested in re-installing something and playing it over and over for a few hours of extra content every few months.

37. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 15, 2011, 04:12 Jerykk

So $3 an hour. Not the best deal, considering I got over 60 hours from the full game which cost me $50. Considerably more work went into that $50 as well because the devs had to create almost everything from scratch. Most of the code, scripting and assets in this DLC were already created in the original game.

36. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 12:04 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 02:01:
If this DLC offers 8-10 hours of gameplay, I'm willing to pay $15 for it. I have a feeling it will only end up offering 2-3 hours of gameplay, though.

Creston

35. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 11:47 theyarecomingforyou

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 19:04:
$15.00 is in the price range of the "Expansion Packs" of the late 90's. They had better deliver, instead of just simply cash in. I really wish gamers had rejected the concept of DLC right from the start. Too late now.
Actually, DLC works pretty well at the moment. It's made available promptly for the real fans to grab, while everybody else waits for it to go on sale or more often appear as a GOTY edition. That's what happened with Civilization V and Borderlands.

However, I agree that this seems a bit steep. I was expecting $10 / 6. I really enjoyed the game but this costs nearly 1/3 of the price of the full game and it seems very unlikely it will offer a comparative value. Might have to wait for a sale on this one.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

34. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 04:23 Acleacius

I'll wait for review/comments from you guys/gals first, since this sounds game breaking to me at least. I'm satisfied with the flow of the game atm and to do this seems like such a bad idea, imo.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 02:01 Jerykk

If this DLC offers 8-10 hours of gameplay, I'm willing to pay $15 for it. I have a feeling it will only end up offering 2-3 hours of gameplay, though.  

32. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 01:16 spindoctor

The game is my personal GOTY, even bought 2 augmented editions of it but this 15$ price rubs me the wrong way. Won't buy this before a Steam sale.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 00:22 StingingVelvet

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 19:04:
$15.00 is in the price range of the "Expansion Packs" of the late 90's.

If by "in the range" you mean half of the price.

In any event more DX:HR is insta-buy for me.

30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 00:19 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 23:31:
Kedyn wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 21:44:
Eh. I'm really over DX:HR. It was great, up until the end. Ending seemed tacked on and anticlimactic, along with the boss fights.

The four endings were pretty cool though, all in their own ways.

I thought the last level was great. Definitely more memorable than the last level in the original DX. As for the endings, I was disappointed that you could actually choose them. Yes, you could do this in DX1, but it was stupid there too. Your ending should be the cumulative result of the choices you've made throughout the entire game, not just the choice you made in the last five minutes.

Yep, it's disappointing, though not as disappointing as deciding to blow up Pangaea and not even seeing a snippet of the whole thing being destroyed. WTF?

I hate the "Choose your ending" crap, so I just play a certain way and pick the ending that goes with that playstyle, like is supposed to happen.

Creston

29. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 00:09 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 23:12:
I need something to tide me over 'till Skyrim, so this should fit the bill nicely.

$15... They're sure tempting their fucking built-up Goodwill there, but I enjoyed the original so much (and it was such great value for money) that I'll give them the extra 15.

Creston

Dunno...I may hold out for the december sales. I have Metro2033, and haven't played it yet, so maybe that can hold me out 'till Skyrim. I heard that 2033 was pretty steep on the hardware, though(?)

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 14, 2011, 00:05 ^Drag0n^

agreed. I think the endings would have meant more had the choiced you made in the way you played became the equation that determined which of the four endings you received.

Pushing 4 different buttons after a quicksave to garner the corresponding achievement? Kinda lame.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 23:31 Jerykk

Kedyn wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 21:44:
Eh. I'm really over DX:HR. It was great, up until the end. Ending seemed tacked on and anticlimactic, along with the boss fights.

I thought the last level was great. Definitely more memorable than the last level in the original DX. As for the endings, I was disappointed that you could actually choose them. Yes, you could do this in DX1, but it was stupid there too. Your ending should be the cumulative result of the choices you've made throughout the entire game, not just the choice you made in the last five minutes.

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 23:14 Creston

MajorD wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 18:54:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Metro 2033 (CRESTON!) are the best and most enjoyable games I have played this year.

Giggle

Creston

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 23:12 Creston

I need something to tide me over 'till Skyrim, so this should fit the bill nicely.

$15... They're sure tempting their fucking built-up Goodwill there, but I enjoyed the original so much (and it was such great value for money) that I'll give them the extra 15.

Creston

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 22:42 Dades

Cutter wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 20:19:
That doesn't count. When someone says they pre-ordered a game for X amount that means that's what they paid for in total.

Uhm, yes it counts. You asked how he could get it cheap as if it was some out of this world impossibility, I gave you a very common list of explanations. People get retail release games at sale prices all the time. BF3 was $41 on Amazon yesterday. $30 for Skyrim is probably from a grey market source but it's doable.

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 21:44 Kedyn

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link Next Week; Price Details Oct 13, 2011, 20:34 Riker

That seems like an awful lot, especially in proportion to the gaming-hours-per-dollar ratio of the original game. I'll wait for it to go on sale some day.  

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo