Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Marine Postmortem

Relic producer Andy Lang answers questions about Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine for Eurogamer, offering a postmortem on the Warhammer 40K action/RPG, which he does not say was their best work, but he does call their "best console work," though we can't tell if there was any irony intended with that, as Space Marine is the first Relic game to appear on consoles. He admits they were concerned they were "crazy trying to bring this game to consoles this late in the cycle," noting that this is: "Because it's so competitive." He seems to have taken the game's review scores (Metacritic: PS3: 71, PC: 75, 360: 78) in stride:

"I'm pretty humble; I don't look at [criticism] and get all upset. I thought most of the reviews were fairly on the mark with what they had to say; the character design does get a bit repetitive and certain parts of it, just how the game plays - we didn't have time to really polish that stuff to where we wanted to get to. There wasn't anything that was oh-my-god shocking in the game.

"We're not super surprised by [the scores]," he added. "Of course we'd always like to have higher scores, but with our feature-set and coming out late in the console cycle - it's really hard to have that feature-rich game. We did our best to deliver that blockbuster experience. And the scores landed where they landed."

View
18. Re: Valve Single Player Clarification Oct 13, 2011, 08:37 Prez

Oh, and anyone who says Relic doesn't rock harder than Rammstein on speed must be silenced, stripped naked, lathered head to toe in peanut butter, and tied down to a fire ant hill in the desert. DoW2 might not have been what you wanted, but it still was awesome, so shut up!!!! Lipsrsealed

Kajetan wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 08:34:
Is it necessary to mention, that it was a disappointment FOR ME? That i didnt say that HW2 has to be a disappointment for everyone else?

Well then you must be brain damaged.

Okay, seriously, no , it isn't necessary to mention that it was your opinion. I just got the impression that this was some common thought process on the game that I wasn't privy to. Someone chimed in with agreement after all.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2011, 09:07.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 12, 21:40 Re: Space Marine Postmortem Kosigan
  2. Oct 12, 21:49  Re: Space Marine Postmortem Mist
  3. Oct 12, 22:06   Re: Space Marine Postmortem Prez
  4. Oct 12, 23:38    Re: Space Marine Postmortem Bard
  5. Oct 12, 23:41     Re: Space Marine Postmortem Jerykk
  10. Oct 13, 03:43      Re: Space Marine Postmortem InBlack
  12. Oct 13, 05:27       Re: Space Marine Postmortem eRe4s3r
  8. Oct 13, 01:47  Re: Space Marine Postmortem MoreLuckThanSkill
  9. Oct 13, 03:35   Re: Space Marine Postmortem .Drifter
  13. Oct 13, 05:53    Re: Space Marine Postmortem Kajetan