Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Via Digital Distribution

CNET has word that Amazon will begin offering online sales and digital distribution of PC games as early as this week. Word is: "Akin to other digital download providers, Amazon will offer bonus items that often come with preordered games these days, such as extra maps, weapons, and other miscellaneous items."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2011, 16:19 <Electric-Spock>

For anyone who hasn't pre-ordered Battlefield 3 and is thinking about it, it appears that Amazon has the limited edtion pre-order of it for $41.99. This is cheaper than any other place I've seen it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2011, 09:01 Shadowcat

The best news in this list... even better than ongoing support for Psychonauts... "Little Big Adventure"!!!! GOG freaking rocks.  

8. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 12, 2011, 03:05 Acleacius

Anyone test the mic fix in Dead Island, there's an Voice Chat On and Off? We always use Vent, since the biggest problem is (was?) No Push to Talk. So you would hear up to 4 player's every sound, from sneezes to keyboard clicks to convos in there room/house.

I wouldn't mind joining a random games if I wasn't force to listen to every sound, in everyone's room/house.

Edited 3am bad/wrong grammar.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2011, 04:50.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 12, 2011, 02:37 Jerykk

Wait this doesn't make sense? I bought Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II through them. They have been selling games for years.

The article is talking about pre-orders, not regular sales. I don't think Amazon has offered digital pre-orders until now.

6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 11, 2011, 23:38 Bucky

Dev wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 19:38:
Looks like they are actively going into bug hunting mode on psychonauts, I'm impressed.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd buy DLC for that game if they made some.

I picked this up on a sale awhile ago based on the word of mouth I'd heard. I think now is a good time to give it a play through while I wait for BF3, Torchlight 2 and Skyrim.

5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 23:02 UConnBBall

Yup here are the pre-order page.

[url=]http://goo.gl/1qQZm[/url]

4. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 20:14 PHJF

Fixed duplicating weapons:

When throwing and dropping at one time
When dropping items from inventory

Oh so this must mean they fixed thrown weapons becoming inaccessible because of world geometry or boomerang triggering after a second weapon was thrown, because they certainly wouldn't fix the exploit which is used to cover up the glaringly-bugged throwing.

Would they?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 19:55 Dev

UConnBBall wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 19:48:
Wait this doesn't make sense? I bought Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II through them. They have been selling games for years.
The article says digital preorders, not just regular digital purchases.

I dont buy many games through amazon, have people been able to pre-order digital versions previously through them?

2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 19:48 UConnBBall

1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 11, 2011, 19:38 Dev

Looks like they are actively going into bug hunting mode on psychonauts, I'm impressed.

I doubt it would happen, but I'd buy DLC for that game if they made some.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo