Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: On Sale Oct 14, 2011, 00:02 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 00:35:
Titan Quest is 4000x better than Torchlight because it was a AAA game. It has loads of content and multiplayer.

And lots of fun.... heheheheh I need to get back into it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2011, 09:59 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 02:13:
That's really no excuse. Lots of games get pirated to hell and back. Titan Quest was hardly the exception. Even without piracy, the game would have been a buggy mess on release and word of mouth would have spread through forums and reviews.

I don't grant your premise that it was "buggy as hell" at release. It had bugs like many other games but "word spreading" was partially due to crashes experienced by pirates butting up against the copy protection.

I didn't say piracy was the only factor but it was surely a contributing one. Lack of a secure multiplayer component and a modest ad campaign didn't help it either.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

13. Re: On Sale Oct 13, 2011, 02:13 Jerykk

Titan Quest got pirated to hell and back which pretty much put Iron Lore out of business and THQ probably didn't have anyone left to fix it. It's one of the few cases where the developer bitched about piracy and I thought it was 100% justified, people were unapologetically pirating the shit out of that game on almost every forum I frequented.

That's really no excuse. Lots of games get pirated to hell and back. Titan Quest was hardly the exception. Even without piracy, the game would have been a buggy mess on release and word of mouth would have spread through forums and reviews.

12. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 11:35 Verno

Titan Quest got pirated to hell and back which pretty much put Iron Lore out of business and THQ probably didn't have anyone left to fix it. It's one of the few cases where the developer bitched about piracy and I thought it was 100% justified, people were unapologetically pirating the shit out of that game on almost every forum I frequented. It really needed a secure online component to give those people a reason to buy it. I think the combination of unproven franchise (many people DL'd to sample or whatever) and the ease with which you could play pirated MP doomed it.  

11. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 10:51 Creston

I loved Titan Quest, and would likely still be playing it if it wasn't for the fucking rubber-banding bug introduced in the expansion which then affected the original game as well.

Two computers later, and I'm still one of the lucky ones who it keeps affecting. And they never frakking fixed it.

Creston

10. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 08:45 Verno

Agreed, Torchlight had serious problems with variety. It was more like a shell of a game than an actual game.

Titan Quest on the other hand was fun but had its own set of issues. The multiplayer UI is balls, the spells and abilities have these bombastic visuals that are accompanied by sound effects more akin to a set of wet farts and there was no semblance of balance design. At least it fulfilled on the promise of an epic Diablo-like experience though, it was a very ambitious title.

9. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 01:32 eunichron

The problem with Torchlight was just that it was rushed out the door just so Runic could get something out quick... not that it was buggy or anything, but it was lacking much of the depth and features that should be standard in an ARPG.

I think the primary reason I enjoyed Torchlight was that I didn't pay for it, a friend bought it for me as a gift, but I am looking forward to a full-featured Torchlight 2.

8. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 00:35 PHJF

Titan Quest is 4000x better than Torchlight because it was a AAA game. It has loads of content and multiplayer.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 23:43 Bucky

As has been said, don't even bother playing TQ without the fan patch. It's a pure community bug-fix patch, which is necessary to make a number of skills work correctly.

Also, Dream+anything is pretty much a win.

I've enjoyed TQ and Torchlight and put a ton of time into each. While TQ is certainly more fleshed-out, I prefer the pacing and combat of Torchlight. I'd have to give the win, narrowly, to Torchlight.

6. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 23:27 LittleMe

Teddy wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 21:44:
Dagnamit wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 21:29:
yes, sir. saw, "decent Diablo clone" then five bucks. Sold.

I know some will be shocked, but I actually enjoyed Titan Quest more than Torchlight as far as Diablo clones go.

Both have some good ideas, Torchlight is certainly more moddable, but so far as the base game goes, Titan Quest is freaking enormous

+little 1

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 22:15 Esoteric

I got maybe 30 hours from Torchlight. I've gotten 300+ hours with TQ (thanks to mods, too). I liked Torchlight, but I definitely like TQ more. It has a lot more depth, both in character building and loot stats. Don't forget to install the Fan Patch. Also, if you like mods, Underlord is the best one IMO (it includes the Fan Patch). Titanquest.net is the most popular forum of TQ and it's still pretty active.  

4. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 21:44 Teddy

Dagnamit wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 21:29:

I know some will be shocked, but I actually enjoyed Titan Quest more than Torchlight as far as Diablo clones go.

Both have some good ideas, Torchlight is certainly more moddable, but so far as the base game goes, Titan Quest is freaking enormous, though it suffers from actually dropping too MUCH loot. After a while you just tune most of it out and start ignoring chests unless they're the fancy kind.

3. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 21:42 Dirwulf

I bit for sure. Especially after reading all the Steam forum posts that claim its better than Torchlight.

2. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 21:29 Dagnamit

1. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 20:14 Teddy

Titan quest gold for $5. Not too shabby.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo