Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed

The BioWare Social Network outlines how the just confirmed multiplayer support will work in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel. The post describes four-player co-op support and offers a FAQ explaining the reasoning behind the move. Here's word:

Today BioWare and the Mass Effect 3 team are very pleased to announce 4 player co-op multiplayer missions and the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system for Mass Effect 3 on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

4 player co-op multiplayer

Join your friends in the all-out galactic war to take Earth back. The universe of Mass Effect expands with the addition of new co-op multiplayer missions, playable over Xbox Live, PSN and PC internet. Players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control. Success in multi-player will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory against the greatest threat mankind – and the entire galaxy – has ever faced.

Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War

As a bonus to the campaign, BioWare is introducing the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, a new way for players to manage and experience the galactic war from multiple fronts, including a new 4-player co-op mode. The key to saving the galaxy is the “Galactic Readiness” level, measured by Commander Sheppard's ability to apply every possible asset – people, weapons, resources, armies, fleets – in the final battle against the Reapers. Players can impact their game’s Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months. It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience – it is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 12, 2011, 14:49 Creston

Bioware Pulse just did a feature on the ME3 MP.

I still don't like how it integrates with SP, but whatever.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWaANoSZSzE

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 12, 2011, 07:30 saluk

torrent or pass, what to decide

I think pass.

27. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 12, 2011, 07:13 Dades

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 19:18:
Even you had once 3 posts, ok, that was probably like 12 years ago ^^

Posting on bluesnews makes anyone a cynic as well, its like some zombie virus you can catch from posting here, it causes increased grumpiness and old age

You've certainly got the curse of the old going on, repetition.

26. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 22:15 Creston

I'm pretty sure old age is caused by entropy, rather than bluesnews.

Creston

25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 19:18 eRe4s3r

Even you had once 3 posts, ok, that was probably like 12 years ago ^^

Posting on bluesnews makes anyone a cynic as well, its like some zombie virus you can catch from posting here, it causes increased grumpiness and old age

24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:56 deadearth

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:28:
Does origin have a matchmaking system built in? I thought it was just a shitty digital river store with EA-Downloader built in?

But yeah, it likely will need Origin. Origin will also be the only place you can get the Special/ Collector's/ DigitalSuperFluxHyperElectro Edition. And it will not be on Steam. I'm sure Bioware just LOVES that EA got them shitcanned off Steam.

Creston

Yeah, origin has friends lists that I believe battlefield 3 is using, not sure if battlefield 3's matching making is using origin in any way or not. I don't think origin is using digital river anymore (at least they aren't charging the 'extended download fee' that most digital river sites charge (nor does it have the download time expiration that most have as well).

23. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:45 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:38:
We really need a glee smiley.

Well this ... Clap ... kind of works.

Just imagine the little dude is Jarkle saying "HOORAY FOR BIOWARE!!!" while clapping furiously.

Done!

Creston

22. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:38 Prez

We really need a glee smiley.

Well this ... Clap ... kind of works.

Just imagine the little dude is Jarkle saying "HOORAY FOR BIOWARE!!!" while clapping furiously.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:28 Creston

deadearth wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:26:
Guessing this means it will require origin? :/

Huge guess, but otherwise they would need some sort of friend matchmaking system, so it would make sense to use origin.

Does origin have a matchmaking system built in? I thought it was just a shitty digital river store with EA-Downloader built in?

But yeah, it likely will need Origin. Origin will also be the only place you can get the Special/ Collector's/ DigitalSuperFluxHyperElectro Edition. And it will not be on Steam. I'm sure Bioware just LOVES that EA got them shitcanned off Steam.

Creston

20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:26 deadearth

Guessing this means it will require origin? :/

Huge guess, but otherwise they would need some sort of friend matchmaking system, so it would make sense to use origin.

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:16 Creston

jarkle86 wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 15:41:
Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:26:
You can practically hear the terse grinding of teeth here. "Yes, I suppose if you really don't want to play OUR AWESOME MULTIPLAYER, we'll allow you to not HAVE TO DO THAT. DAMMIT. EA SAYS MP IS AWESOME SO WHY WON'T YOU PLAY IT??!"

Oh, and Creston. No, I do not hear what you hear. You're imagining it. What they said sounds perfectly plain and clear to me. They understand that some Players will not want this feature and have therefor made provisions to allow them to bypass it. All explained in a calm, concise manner. That 'grinding of teeth' you hear? That's you. All you.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Awww, you're so cute. Look at you coming over here, taking time off from your posts on bioware's forum on how Tali's sweat would taste and signing the "JOKER FOR A LOVE INTEREST IN ME3" petition for the 19000th time, and LAYING DOWN THE LAW.

Good for you, son. You can go home and tell your mommy how you were all tough today, and defended the honor of your favorite developer, after which, who knows, maybe she'll give you some extra Weetabix!

Clap HURRAY BIOWARE! Thank you for allowing us to bypass your new MP feature in what has been a single player franchise from day one! Your many blessing continue to amaze us!

Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2011, 17:03.

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:12 bigspender

well i guess it gives you something to do once the game is finished. but i have a feeling the multiplayer will be as pointless and clunky as the dead space 2 multiplayer  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 15:54 Darks

I for one am happy about this news. I love Coop and having it in ME3 sounds great to me. four players Coop too, can’t ask for more than that.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 15:44 nin

I'm a fan of both previous ME games, and I for one am extremely intrigued by this news.

Thank you, 1 3 post suspect.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 15:41 jarkle86

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:26:
You can practically hear the terse grinding of teeth here. "Yes, I suppose if you really don't want to play OUR AWESOME MULTIPLAYER, we'll allow you to not HAVE TO DO THAT. DAMMIT. EA SAYS MP IS AWESOME SO WHY WON'T YOU PLAY IT??!"

Oh, and Creston. No, I do not hear what you hear. You're imagining it. What they said sounds perfectly plain and clear to me. They understand that some Players will not want this feature and have therefor made provisions to allow them to bypass it. All explained in a calm, concise manner. That 'grinding of teeth' you hear? That's you. All you.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 15:16 Tehol

i don't trust this biocompost company anymore.

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 15:14 jarkle86

I'm a fan of both previous ME games, and I for one am extremely intrigued by this news. Maybe it'll be great, maybe it won't live up to expectations, but given that Bioware clearly states that the Co-op option is not necessary to complete the game, I don't see why it should necessarily detract from the SP experience. In my opinion, anyone who automatically assumes that this feature will mean a worse SP experience is clearly someone who can't make it through the day without complaining about something.

Anyway, I just wanted to present another perspective on the topic. Claims along the lines of 'no ME fan wants this' are plain wrong. Some don't, some do. I do. And I will pre-order it and give it a chance.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 14:12 Cutter

Anyone who pre-orders this is a tool. Something about this sounds plain bad.  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 13:14 Wallshadows

Gotta have them PC internets!  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 12:21 Prez

Better than I feared. At worst it sounds like it will just be a feature I ignore but won't detract from the singleplayer.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo