Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Bundle Makes $1M

The Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle Website now shows the latest Humble Bundle has raked in $1 million USD from gamers who were allowed to pick their own price for the bundle. As of this writing, the Frozen Synapse Bundle has taken in $1,003,496.07 on 212,308 purchases.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 12, 2011, 14:41 Dev

Jensen wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 23:37:
Not as many games in the main bundle, but they are both good games.

I think SpaceChem should have been included from the start, though. Does the developer not profit from the first week of sales?
Dunno but they've taken the "added something special to bundle mid way through" strategy for several past bundles now. And obviously they don't sell games in the bundle without permission of the devs. So whatever payment breakdown was arranged for, the spacechem devs are ok with it. My guess is everything is arranged in advance, and if the "add to bundle" strategy was a rush job the first time through, its probably planned out now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 23:37 Jensen

Not as many games in the main bundle, but they are both good games.

I think SpaceChem should have been included from the start, though. Does the developer not profit from the first week of sales?

9. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 17:18 Kythlyn

I love the "pick your own price" model and will put some money towards every humble bundle release--whether or not I actually have interest in the games--just to support it. Glad to see such great numbers in their sales figures. Hopefully that will encourage other companies to release their games using that same model.  

8. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 15:29 Teddy

rist3903 wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 13:10:
The game SpaceChem looks quite good from this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYOYtd298o

It's a very interesting puzzle game. It has a steep learning curve I found, as the tutorials don't -quite- show you in enough detail what's going on and it is quite complicated.

Once you've more or less sorted it out though, it's quite good and has some decent replayability for those OCD enough to try and compete with the leaderboards. Each map shows you Time taken to complete, moves used and some other metric that I forget offhand.

7. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 14:11 Malachii

I have purchased each one so far, and my list of games in steam is now just out of control... :-)

And Braid, GFY. I love you and cannot figure out a couple of your levels and I refuse to cheat.

6. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 14:06 Alamar

Rhett wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 13:41:
Still too bad that there were so many assholes trying to resell these bundles.

Speaking of... Anyone want to buy a Trine key for Steam at half the listed price? : )

-Alamar

5. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:41 Rhett

Still too bad that there were so many assholes trying to resell these bundles.  

4. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:33 Dev

Tom wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 13:14:
So how much might an individual developer be getting out of that figure?

Each person can specify the payment breakdown. But default 15% to EFF, 15% to childs play and 15% to paying the expenses incurred like bandwidth, and 18.3% to each of the 3 devs in this bundle at the moment (frozen synapse devs, frozenbyte devs which I think did trine and shadowgrounds, and the space chem devs).

So making an assumption that everyone has let the breakdown stay on default, and that the breakdown was the same the entire sale (which isn't true because it didn't previously include stuff like spacechem) thats approx $183,000 per game dev studio.
Not a bad return at all for a small dev to participate in a humble bundle.

3. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:14 Tom

So how much might an individual developer be getting out of that figure?  

2. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:10 rist3903

The game SpaceChem looks quite good from this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYOYtd298o

1. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 11:11 Paketep

Great to see the Humble Bundles working. All the bundles up to now have been composed of truly excellent games.

Here's looking forward to the next one!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo