Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Leisure Suit Larry Revival

Replay Games announces it has acquired the rights to the Leisure Suit Larry franchise, and are teaming with series originator Al Lowe to rerelease an updated version of the first game, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, in Q4 2012. The game will be released for Windows, OS X, XBLA, PSN, iOS, Android, On-Live, and Gaikai, and if they find an audience nostalgic for the adventures of lovelorn Larry Laffer, they can see working on new installments as well as remakes. Here is some concept art. "I'm totally jazzed to work with long-term friend and Sierra buddy, Paul Trowe," says Lowe. "He's worked tirelessly for years to get the Larry rights and return them to the hands of the Sierra ‘family.’ Working with Paul's team ensures that the world’s favorite leisure suit-wearer remains the same guy we all learned to love a quarter-century ago. I'll oversee the entire production of these games to ensure the highest standards and some amazing new adventures for my pal, Larry. It's great to see my creation released from his digital dungeon!"

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 22:50 LarryLaffer

As you can imagine I'm very excited about this.

Laffman...........

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 10:12 entr0py

OldTimber wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:00:
Okay now I'm actually feeling old if this is being remade. What's next Battle Chess with the queen in full 3d wiggling her ass as she moves instead of just a sprite based wiggling ass?

Both Leisure Suit Larry and Battle Chess got their first remakes 20 years ago. We are indeed very old.

28. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:53 eRe4s3r

I am not sure you are joking or not, but it'd be pretty cool to play a game like this in 3D and first person, Larry also has many "guns" with particularly strong "ammo"...

27. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:33 nin

Al Lowe or GTFO.

Reading is fun. You should try it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:31 zincthallinide

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 01:34:
You sure you're thinking of Dr. Strangelove? I don't recall that being about a guy who couldn't get laid, it was more about nuclear war.

At the end, Dr. Strangelove & crew seem only to be interested in 'saving the human race' so that they can get lots of women. Presumably, they tried in the past and failed, and the only way they could think of to sex it up is to blow up (most of) the planet.

25. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:30 necrosis

Al Lowe or GTFO.  

24. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:07 Lobster

Luke wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:16:
Longswd wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 23:37:
Is a modern audience even going to know what a leisure suit is?

All they know off today is Beeing gay so no they don't know what is happening in the game . prety sure the Gay mafia will come around to this game also , demanding gays in the game...sigh

This post is full of such wonderful imagery. Do you mean "beeing" like apiology? Like, the production of gay honey? And the Gay Mafia? Are they all called Mr. Pink?

23. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 09:04 Lobster

Of all the games that need a remake...

Why aren't you turning this into an FPS, EA?

22. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 08:17 Ozmodan

While this game was cute when it was released, I just can't imagine it will be viable in the current environment. Seems like a complete waste of money to me.  

21. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 07:04 J

Will it be made as an FPS?  

20. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 06:07 Burrito of Peace

OldTimber wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:00:
Okay now I'm actually feeling old if this is being remade. What's next Battle Chess with the queen in full 3d wiggling her ass as she moves instead of just a sprite based wiggling ass?

That's....actually a good idea. A reinterpretation of Battle Chess, with a little Archon awesomeness thrown in, might be very cool.

19. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 04:20 Lorcin

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:47:
All we hear is....radio Lady Gaga

Having original Larry slip through time and end up in 2012 could kinda work - him in his eponymous Leisure Suit ending up in a nightclub full of Jersey Shore rejects listening to Lady Gaga - whilst still trying to work his old moves.

That said he pretty much is Howard Wallowitz from the first couple of seasons of Big Bang Theory so the script would take a lot of clever writing to work without a straight man for Larry to work off.

18. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 04:00 OldTimber

17. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 03:47 InBlack

Luke wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:16:

All they know off today is Beeing gay so no they don't know what is happening in the game . prety sure the Gay mafia will come around to this game also , demanding gays in the game...sigh

All we hear is....radio Lady Gaga

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 03:16 Luke

15. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 01:53 theyarecomingforyou

zincthallinide wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 23:42:
I don't think the current social climate is the problem, I think it's just really awkward to watch a guy continually try to get women and fail miserably over and over and over
That's pretty much what happens to Alan in Two And A Half Men, as well as many of the encounters in Big Bang Theory. Even George in Seinfeld fell into that category. It's a really popular concept, plus the retro appeal will probably help.

I wasn't interested in the recent 3D version but this looks like a good idea. As for Al Lowe making a return, I guess that's just to add credibility - and just from the concept art it looks like a good idea.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

14. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 01:34 Beelzebud

zincthallinide wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 00:32:
Hmm. I guess Dumb & Dumber was sort of about this, but they were just dumb in general. Dr. Strangelove kind of, but it's more weird than anything. I can't think of any others..

I haven't really seen that much comedy, except TV talk shows really. I can't think of any comedic stuff I've seen that has a LSL-type situation as even a minor theme. Occasional episodes will have an LSL-type guy, but briefly. Maybe I just avoid that type of comedy..

I like my comedy to either have some sort of point or just be completely irrational. LSL-type situations are basically romantic pratfalls, and The Dick Van Dyke Show never amused me.

You sure you're thinking of Dr. Strangelove? I don't recall that being about a guy who couldn't get laid, it was more about nuclear war.

13. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 01:28 jimnms

If it's like the recent re-releases of the Monkey Island games, that would be fine by me.  

Steam Profile

12. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 01:16 entr0py

It seems like it's just a remake. I'm not sure what Al Lowe can do, maybe tell them how to draw the characters. Well, I hope somehow it leads to a new game that doesn't suck.  

11. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 00:32 zincthallinide

Hmm. I guess Dumb & Dumber was sort of about this, but they were just dumb in general. Dr. Strangelove kind of, but it's more weird than anything. I can't think of any others..

I haven't really seen that much comedy, except TV talk shows really. I can't think of any comedic stuff I've seen that has a LSL-type situation as even a minor theme. Occasional episodes will have an LSL-type guy, but briefly. Maybe I just avoid that type of comedy..

I like my comedy to either have some sort of point or just be completely irrational. LSL-type situations are basically romantic pratfalls, and The Dick Van Dyke Show never amused me.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo