Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot

The Dark Age of Camelot celebrates the tenth anniversary of the launch of Mythic's MMORPG. They outline various bonuses being during the month of October as part of the celebration. Word is: "Ten years ago the realms of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia began the endless battle that rages until the present day and will continue to dominate the future. Since a decade is such an impressive span of time we canít do the celebration in just a single day." Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 11, 2011, 14:25 Wolfen

Tim Collins wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 10:16:
I loved playing a skald and a sneaky ranger solo on pvp servers....Mordred and such, fun fun fun times....../face and /stick ....so many good memories

Percival, Bloodaxe Clan and Hel Maor. =)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 11, 2011, 10:16 Tim Collins

I loved playing a skald and a sneaky ranger solo on pvp servers....Mordred and such, fun fun fun times....../face and /stick ....so many good memories  

8. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 11, 2011, 08:36 Wolfen

DAOC is why I went to working on MMO's for a while. Really enjoyed the RvRvR in that game.  

7. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 11, 2011, 03:57 Pineapple Ferguson

My first MMO, and man I loved DAOC. The three way RvR really set the bar high. Too bad they sorta failed with Trials of Atlantis.  

6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 23:56 UConnBBall

My first MMORPG and I only played Anarchy online after that one. I like competitive games more but was fun.

Was fun but became a ton of work with a Guild of 80 or so. We really rocked the server for years though I only played for 4 months. It was a bunch of RTS players and the makers of Empire Earth on the other side of the fighting. Was fun.

5. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 22:09 LaxerFL

Towards the end of my time in DAoC I was just rolling alts over and over. /level20 with buffbot shammy in tow go power level to 35 and bg it till I capped out. I had about 12 hunters lol...
PBAoE SM with a Pac Healer at red caps... man that was fun!

4. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 22:01 Trevellian

I miss my 2h Shadowzerker on the PVP server. I never knew what hate tells were before I started garroting people off travel paths.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

3. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 22:00 zincthallinide

Indeed, this was my first (non-MUD) MMOG. It was quite good for the time and is still pretty fun. If nothing else you can try the free trial and level up to 50 in a week or two, unlike the months it took back when the game first came out..  

2. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 21:51 Fibrocyte

I really enjoyed it when it first came out - then WoW trumped it. Still, playing a Skald and doing RvR was great.

Shadowbane is still my most memorable MMO.

1. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 21:11 LaxerFL

One of my favorite games of all time. Got me started in PC gaming. Much fun was had!!  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo