Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

The Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle now offers an updated version of Splot with more levels than the previous teaser demo.

• Ancients of Ooga on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Cities XL 2012 on Steam. Save 10%.
  • Metro 2033 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Puzzler World 2 on Steam. Save 20% and get a free copy of Puzzler World.
  • THQ Hit Collection on Steam. Save 50%.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 19:31 Xirgu

not really on sale but... orcs must die is out! downloading now..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 19:17 MajorD

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 22:05:
nin wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 21:48:
I still haven't gotten around to installing it from the last $5 steam sale!

Yeah, I keep thinking I want to get it, but eh. Not a huge fan of "Oh look, total darkness and now you get attacked by monsters HAHAHAHAAHA WE ARE TEH AWESOME DESIGNURZ!" so I doubt I'd ever really play it.

Creston

Come on Creston, you're missing out!!! Wink Of course, it isn't for everybody, but it is a great game. Starts out a bit slow, but if you follow the story and let it unfold, it only gets better as you go. I'll send $5.00 to your PayPal account if you don't like it, BUT, you have to play it all the way through.

EDIT: Well, I read the rest of the posts and it looks like Prez stepped up, but I'll still send $5.00 to your PayPal account if you don't like it, but you have to be honest.....I'll know!

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2011, 19:27.

22. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 19:14 MajorD

eunichron wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 21:25:
Have to admit I avoided Metro 2033 at first because all the press I remember about it focused on the engine rather than the gameplay, but for $5 I couldn't resist, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

One of the best games I have played in quite some time. Starts out a 'little' slow, but as the story unfolds, everthing gets better. Great game! I can't wait for 'Last Light'. Enjoy the rest of the game......

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2011, 19:24.

21. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 16:25 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 12:17:
It's tough love. We do it 'cause we care about you!

Awwww... Cry
(sorry, there's no girly cry icon. )

Creston

20. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 13:46 Dev

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 09:21:
Heh, I forgot that Steam added the option of buying a gift to send at a later time, so no time limit. Anyone who wants "Metro", friend me/send me a missive - It's yours. (Though Creston has first dibs cause he's normally cooler than his lame cheapness in this instance would indicate!)
Prez, you are the man.

Speaking of metro, that reminds me that I picked it up a while back and never finished it. I need to go back and track down my saves from my previous computer.

19. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 12:17 Prez

It's tough love. We do it 'cause we care about you!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 11:31 Creston

Prez wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 09:21:
Heh, I forgot that Steam added the option of buying a gift to send at a later time, so no time limit. Anyone who wants "Metro", friend me/send me a missive - It's yours. (Though Creston has first dibs cause he's normally cooler than his lame cheapness in this instance would indicate!)

You're just full of charm, aren't ya?
Friend request sent. You'll be, like, my third friend on Steam!

Fine, fine, since everybody's getting on my case, I'll play it, jeez.

Creston

17. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 09:21 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 09:16 Verno

Haha, it's $5, give me a break.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

15. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 09:15 Prez

Creston you cheap ass, friend me on Steam (same name and pic) before 12:00pm Central today and I'll gift you "Metro".

The things I do to educate the unwashed masses...

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 06:18 ochentay4

Yeah, I keep thinking I want to get it, but eh. Not a huge fan of "Oh look, total darkness and now you get attacked by monsters HAHAHAHAAHA WE ARE TEH AWESOME DESIGNURZ!" so I doubt I'd ever really play it.

I did pick up Space Siege for 3 bucks yesterday. Should be at least okay for a single playthrough.

Creston
Absolutely unforgivable. You really dont know what you are missing. As a veteran FPS gamer, Metro 2033 is excellent. Stop playing everything you got and put some hours on it, you wont regret it.

13. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 06:01 silentsammy

Totally agree. Got it on sale a while back and wasn't expecting much...was blown away by the immersive atmosphere. Great game.  

12. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 04:20 The Half Elf

I did pick up Space Siege for 3 bucks yesterday. Should be at least okay for a single playthrough.

Creston

Creston how in the hell can you not get/play Metro 2033, but will waste (and yes WASTE) 3 bucks on Space Siege. I picked up Metro on the last sale thinking 'yeah if I get time', and the game just DRIPS atmosphere left right and center. It'd be worth your time.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 01:23 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 23:41:
What did Metro come free with? I have it in my games library, but I didn't buy it....was it given free with Fallout or something?

I got it free with my video card. It came as a piece of paper with a Steam code on it. I played it, enjoyed it a lot. I didn't realize it had three endings though, so I've been meaning to play it again to see what the others are.

Steam Profile

10. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 01:03 Jerykk

What did Metro come free with? I have it in my games library, but I didn't buy it....was it given free with Fallout or something?

It was given for free if you pre-ordered Homefront. Shame on you.

9. Re: On Sale Oct 11, 2011, 00:15 Frijoles

I loved Metro 2033. Great atmosphere and graphics. Yeah, not knowing which weapon is better than another sucks, but I managed. I don't know shit when it comes to weapons, despite years of playing FPS.  

8. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2011, 23:49 Agent.X7

I got Metro on sale at Target for $15 a few months after release. I just reinstalled to play through again. The gameplay, story, and graphics are all better than Rage.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2011, 23:41 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2011, 23:34 Dev

Beamer wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 22:42:
And it gives you no sense of what weapon is better than another, so you'll find a pistol on the ground and have no idea if it's better than the one you have. Sure, you can pick it up and take it with you, but what if it isn't better? What if the pistol you had that had been working so well for you was the best in the game? You have no idea, so do you risk it? It could be half an hour before you get to try it out in battle.
When games are like that, I usually check a FAQ such as on gamefaqs.

5. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2011, 23:29 El Pit

I enjoyed Metro 2033 quite a lot. And unlike in Doom 3, you don't always fight in pitch black darkness with monsters teleporting behind you.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo