Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed

The PC PowerPlay Website has a preview of the next print issue of this Australian gaming magazine, which offers a confirmation of various indications that multiplayer support will be included in Mass Effect 3, BioWare's upcoming action/RPG sequel (thanks Joystiq). They show the magazine cover which mentions the multiplayer reveal, and offer the following description:

That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 eRe4s3r

Not to mention that i only play ME2 for the Squad mates and their story and dialog, replacing that with people would be pointless, people are never as deep as a Krogan in puberty, hah  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:43 Beamer

I didn't make it far in 1 and, for that reason, have no interest in 2, but I could see a way to make multiplayer interesting. Give a goal that requires a lot of space travel and can be solved in different ways and have each player represent a different faction trying to achieve that goal first. So each player is recruiting a different team and going to different planets and fighting different battles to be the quickest to victory.

But setting something like that up, properly doing the randomization and effectively balancing it would be nearly impossible. And it isn't drop-in multiplayer so outside of a few people playing with their friends no one would ever get a complete game started and finished online.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:41 nin

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:33:
Meh.

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:29:

Wow, Shepherd looks like Luke Wilson now. Amazing.

is that a feature, or a bug?

It is recent excrement, my good fellow.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:38 InBlack

Still no buy for me if I cant "jump". I demand innovation in all my products.

*prays to Seve Jobs*

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:35 meezookeewee

Kajetan wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:30:
Allow other players to play as the teammates you take with you on missions.
He does not want that. He does not want any multiplayer in ME 3 at all. He was very clear of that.

I'm pretty sure the multi-player aspect of it is going to be half-assed. BioWare has not proven themselves with multi-player gaming even with The Old Republic coming out soon.

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:34 Dades

Slashman wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:18:
I don't want co-op. I don't want multiplayer. Just provide a superior single-player action RPG experience and end the series properly.

Multiplayer is the last thing I ever think about when playing ME.

Why in the hell do I need a Shepherd #2, #3 and #4 to complete an experience I spent 2 full games playing in single player?

For crying out friggin' loud!

Can't get decent teammate AI to save your life but they have the resources to do multiplayer. Bleh.

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:33 ^Drag0n^

Meh.

nin wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:29:

is that a feature, or a bug?

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:32 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:30:
He does not want that. He does not want any multiplayer in ME 3 at all. He was very clear of that.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:32 meezookeewee

As long as it doesn't affect the single-player portion of the game, I don't really care. I'm suspecting that this is why the game was delayed. But yeah, Multiplayer does NOT belong in a Mass Effect game.  

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:30 The Half Elf

Slashman wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:18:
I don't want co-op. I don't want multiplayer. Just provide a superior single-player action RPG experience and end the series properly.

Why in the hell do I need a Shepherd #2, #3 and #4 to complete an experience I spent 2 full games playing in single player?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:29 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:18 Slashman

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:14 The Half Elf

Any chance of Co-Op?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo