Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Afterfall: InSanity Preorders

The Afterfall: InSanity Website is now accepting preorders for Afterfall: InSanity, the upcoming Unreal Engine 3 shooter from Polish developer Nicolas Games. They are offering pre-purchases for one dollar with a target of 10 million sales: If they reach that target ten percent will go to charity, and if they fail to reach it, then 100% goes to charity:

The pre-orders can be made directly from the game's website www.afterfall-universe.com. Once the company's target goal is achieved Afterfall: InSanity will be distributed among the p2p (peer 2 peer) networks such as Torrent. Additionally, 10% of the revenues will be donated to one of the largest charity organisations in the world. However, if the number of pre-orders does not reach the 10 million copy sales target, then the revenue collected will be donated to the charity in its entirety. Besides the game itself, players will receive the soundtrack as an added bonus, and those who will register their order will immortalized as part of the game by having their names included as part of the credits.

Nicolas Games is throwing down the gauntlet to the whole industry. 'As an independent distributor we can afford to try starting a revolution. Being absolute game fanatics ourselves, we want to prove that high-class games do not have to be associated with high price tags. Our goal is to attract players from all over the world and offer them a great deal; if we can get 10 million people to buy our game we will sell it for just 1 dollar. I strongly believe that this news will electrify the whole market and together we will set a new record,' Tomasz Majka, the CEO of Nicolas Games said.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Nov 6, 2011, 16:00 Vashed

The most important thing is that - even if I don't get the game I can still help charity organization(Amnesty International) ^^ Afterfall InSanity team had very good idea about this ;D  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Nov 5, 2011, 10:57 Rivido

Hmm, the 10 millions of preorders can looks insane, but it too very interesting. Paying only 1$ for this game isn't a problem for me ^^ And for sure - it cost less that more of DLC of others games.  

34. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 29, 2011, 06:10 sheLby359

You can get interesting game / or donate charity if they don't reach 10 millions copies sold for only $1 ;x
preordered three copies for me and friends.

33. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 26, 2011, 13:12 Bumpy

Guess the 18k number shows how ungiving gamers are, eh?  

32. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 26, 2011, 12:13 Killswitch

They don't even have 18k yet. And I found the price of the game in their TOS:

2.4. If the condition is not described in the previous section, the final selling price in the ordinary (normal) basis will be $ 33.90 and the total amount received by the Manufacturer of pre-orders (less the costs incurred by him) will be transferred by the Manufacturer to charity (in accordance with the Manufacturer\'s declaration) .

31. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 26, 2011, 11:12 Bilo

Game look good but that 10 milions pre-order incredible number!
However if they don't reach goal money go for charity or they sucess and i get full game for $1 why not try it's not much.

30. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 11, 2011, 10:14 Verno

It's a well executed promotion considering how non-existent their marketing budget is.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

29. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 11, 2011, 09:12 Prez

Well, the Paypal re-direct is legit, which is what I was most concerned with. other than that, I paid my dollar, but with less than 14000 pre-orders they'll be lucky to get to 200,000 by the deadline. You can forget about getting anywhere near 10 million.

At least some charity will make some scratch, assuming they're not full of it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 19:42 Dev

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 18:28:
First off, they are never going to make 10 million sales. Secondly, if they did, could you image sitting through the credits and 10 the million names being scrolled by? Is it ever going to end would be my thoughts, and just to be smart asses, they would probably have some kind of added bonus at the end of the credits to mess with people.
Good point, I didn't notice the credits thing...

Now given that and the other factors, I'm now thinking they purposefully set the goal unrealistically high. Oh well at worst people are going to get a $1 coupon off the game and hopefully some charity will get some money.

27. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 19:30 Bumpy

Looks like a decent game. I just put in $2.

What the heck, rather put money for a good cause than for a halfassed product like RAGE.

26. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 18:28 Darks

First off, they are never going to make 10 million sales. Secondly, if they did, could you image sitting through the credits and the 10 million names being scrolled by? Is it ever going to end would be my thoughts, and just to be smart asses, they would probably have some kind of added bonus at the end of the credits to mess with people.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2011, 21:43.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

25. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 17:21 eRe4s3r

You can't charge via paypal unless the person accepts the charge. So theres no danger of that... In fact, asking for payment requires authorization (obviously)

If you pay via paypal all they have is your email | Paypal is actually so popular because you can 100% mask your bank/credit details

24. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 17:18 eRe4s3r

Actually from 1$ they only get 67ct (the fee is 33ct (30ct + 2,9%) this is why such low value transactions are usually not done via paypal.

So if they ask for 11 cents extra of that, then into the charity pot only go 56ct...

23. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:48 WyldKat

Dev wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:08:
They shoulda picked a more reasonable goal like 1 million. 10 million is nuts.

I second this.

Minecraft isn't even close to that and it has a MUCH broader appeal than a survival horror game. Even 1 million is stretching it in the time frame they've given.

Anyways the game doesn't look like my cup of tea, but best of luck to them.

I will say it's a bit shady they don't have a full price nailed down when they are six weeks from release, though.

22. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:37 Killswitch

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:24:
Ouch. Something tells me that the people who ordered five keys are not going to be happy if they get charged 250 dollars for them...

Well, more like $455. lol I wouldn't think they'd automatically charge you the "regular price" without your consent, but who knows. In regards to the $.11 for the key and email, that's probably money they will end up pocketing once they give the rest to charity. 11% of every $1!

21. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:33 Dev

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:24:
0 bytes wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:21:
I think what some people who are buying don't realize is--if they DON'T sell 10m preorders, then you will NOT get a game for $1. He said you would have to pay the "regular price minus $1". So, yes, if they don't sell 10m, then better for the charity, but not good for the consumer.

Ouch. Something tells me that the people who ordered five keys are not going to be happy if they get charged 250 dollars for them...

Creston
More likely they will email a $1 discount code to everyone who ordered and tell them to pay more to get full game.

So it is a scam in a way, if they don't get the 10 million, they will give it all to charity (or who knows, keep it) and they will be able to afford it because they won't give any games out for $1. They will give $1 discounts. Its just a legal scam.

Reminds me of something a while back. A company sent out letters in the mail that said YOU'VE DEFINITELY WON SOMETHING! YOU may HAVE WON A CAR OR EVEN $100,000! Just call this 1-900 number to see what you've won (*900 number costs $20)! I read the fine print and it said odds of winning $1 were 1:1. So thats how they did it, could say you DEFINITELY won and still kept legal. Because of sweepstakes laws they had to have a free way to enter through the mail, so I did. Just for fun, I mailed it off for the cost of a stamp, and got a $1 check in the mail.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2011, 16:45.

20. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:24 Creston

0 bytes wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:21:
I think what some people who are buying don't realize is--if they DON'T sell 10m preorders, then you will NOT get a game for $1. He said you would have to pay the "regular price minus $1". So, yes, if they don't sell 10m, then better for the charity, but not good for the consumer.

Creston

19. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:23 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 15:46:
2. Paypal page completely looks like a scam page designed to grab your credentials.

I was curious about that, so I checked. It seems like the legit paypal site, it's just the polish version.

Btw, I LOVED this part :

"Cost of delivery and key generate" 0.11

I know it's just 11 cents, but seriously. It costs you guys 11 cents to generate a key and email it to somebody? Really?

My "NOT LEGIT" spidersense is tingling like hell.

Creston

18. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:21 Killswitch

I think what some people who are buying don't realize is--if they DON'T sell 10m preorders, then you will NOT get a game for $1. He said (1:15 in the video) you would have to pay the "regular price minus $1". So, yes, if they don't sell 10m, then better for the charity, but not good for the consumer.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2011, 18:16.

17. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:08 Dev

They shoulda picked a more reasonable goal like 1 million. 10 million is nuts.

Also, paypal is reasonably safe, they can't get your credit card number, and $1 isn't much to risk.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo