Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

View
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 9, 2011, 21:57 ^Drag0n^

Publicly.

There are plenty of stories out here in the Bay Area of people that Steve helped in moments of crisis or need, and he never felt the need to turn it into a PR fest. Case and point: his gardener's son.

I'm not saying the guy was a saint, but every device and technology we are using just to be able to post on a forum like this was touched directly or indirectly by technologies he enabled.

I've heard many people call him a primadonna, but what and when did he ever use his influence for the gain of anything but Apple? We hardly know anything but one or two stories about him personally, yet people praise or condemn him like they knew him intimately.

We lost a visionary that formed many of the ways we interface with each other today; history will judge his greatness or obscurity.

As for the opinions of Gawker Media: I expect no less from their "journalists," (sic.); the chip on their shoulder has been well documented for some time...

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 9, 16:02 Re: Sunday Tech Bits Creston
  2. Oct 9, 16:59  Re: Sunday Tech Bits eunichron
  3. Oct 9, 18:12   Re: Sunday Tech Bits Creston
>> 4. Oct 9, 21:57    Re: Sunday Tech Bits ^Drag0n^
  5. Oct 10, 00:44     Re: Sunday Tech Bits PropheT
  6. Oct 10, 01:25      Re: Sunday Tech Bits ^Drag0n^
  7. Oct 10, 10:51 Re: Sunday Tech Bits WaltC

footer

.. .. ..